What remains to be modified???

Posted by Eagle 
What remains to be modified???
Date: December 11, 2004 06:39PM
Posted by: Eagle
Hi everyone.

I was just thinking....Grand Prix 3 is one of the most modifyable games out there...its a few years old, its been superceded by GP4, but I find it a lot more enjoyable to play, only because pretty much EVERY single F1 racing season can be simulated....but I was thinking of other possible add-ons to the whole GP3 package as a whole, or other "extensions" that could be added to GPxPatch.

What I'd love to see is a Pit-stop editor, where you can set the pitbox order for your particular team, a pit-lane speed editor (so you can increase it to 100kph for most circuits now), and a pit-stop time editor (where most stops now are around 6-7 seconds...and through GP3 most of my 2 stop stragedy stops work out at around 11 seconds).

For those who have tried out the trackmap feature in GPxPatch 3.90, that can be improved a lot, but it would tend to make the game more "arcade" like than as a simulation, but its fun to look at.

Apart from that, I can't think of anything much that really needs to be done. Forget about extending the maximum track length....can anyone else think of any more possible improvements to the game?

Re: What remains to be modified???
Date: December 11, 2004 09:24PM
Posted by: SuperSonic
Well, I don't know if it's bullshit, but anyway...

I'd like so much to be free to build a whole new carshape, starting from zero... biulding every texture command, etc. And also remap textures.
Date: December 12, 2004 12:42AM
Posted by: Guimengo
aren't there limitations to how many polygons you can have, thus limiting the shapes and details by a lot (as well as resolution of textures)?
Date: December 12, 2004 07:50AM
Guimengo, i think you're right.

Those people who have been able to modify car shapes are using the same amount of polygons, except they're just reshaping them around, and modifying the skin textures to match the new shapes...a very time consuming job, but they look extremely impressive in the long run!
Date: December 12, 2004 11:21AM
Posted by: SpaceAce
i though you could already alter the pit stop thingies! using the magic files or something

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: December 12, 2004 01:58PM
You can change the number of pit stops during a race, but I don't know if you can change the length of time a pitstop takes, or the speed of the pitlane.
Date: December 12, 2004 02:36PM
Posted by: wvdriel
In Belinis patch for gp3-2000 it says it improves pitstoptimes. This implies you can edit pitstoptimes. We could use a pitstop editor in order to fix the 2/3 stop difference. Maybe we could ask belini
Date: December 12, 2004 02:57PM
Posted by: ArexonsF1
Modified? Oh well, maybe.... yeah, the carshape thingy, number of cars, maybe individual liveries for each driver (in 1.13, i know it ios possible in 2000), individual wheels... And the possibility to have more or less tracks in the game

Formula One is not dead... It's just a bit tired =D But don't worry, 2005 will be great ;)
Date: December 12, 2004 03:39PM
Posted by: Vader
You can edit the pitlane speed with Gp3Master (only Gp3).

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2004 03:39PM by Vader.
Date: December 12, 2004 07:01PM
Guimengo:
aren't there limitations to how many polygons you can have, thus limiting the shapes and details by a lot (as well as resolution of textures)?

I think it's possible to make a much better shape with less polygons!
Date: December 12, 2004 07:45PM
get to work then ;), because I can't do anything on Z-Modeler so... :P
but how about textures? And the tires really kill... you can see all the squares on them in cockpit view, and the tracks too with their curbs .

Yes, I know, sounds like I am bitching :p
Date: December 13, 2004 06:15PM
get to work then

Yeah, with wich tool?
Date: December 13, 2004 06:22PM
Posted by: X_Acto
A DTM carshape like i already said in other thread...

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: December 13, 2004 06:40PM
SuperSonic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> get to work then
>
> Yeah, with wich tool?

nao tenho a menor ideia, tava brincando :P
Date: December 14, 2004 01:11AM
Date: December 14, 2004 04:56AM
Posted by: Briere
"minor idea", Gui ;)
Date: December 14, 2004 05:48AM
no, the idea is over 18 years old ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy