What to do if....

Posted by Michal 
What to do if....
Date: March 28, 2002 12:30PM
Posted by: Michal
... if during playing GP3 (only that game) my computer always stops is dead (parametres of my computer: Celeron 500 MHz, RAM 64 MB, Riva TNT II 32 RAM)

PLEASE HELP ME, WHAT to DO?
Re: What to do if....
Date: March 28, 2002 12:38PM
Posted by: Vader
- Check which version of DirectX you use
- Check which version of video driver you use for your TNT II and see if there is a new version
- reinstall game

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 28, 2002 12:43PM
Dzien dobry again,

Tell me exactly what happens.
- Does your system freeze or do you have a blue screen? Does it just stops and kicks you back to the desktop? Does it reboot?
- Which version do you play - GP3 1.00 (as it is out of the box), the update to 1.13 or the Official Update Season 2000?
- are you using the normal TNT drivers or a version of nvideas detonator (if yes, which one?)
- do you use gpxpatch?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 28, 2002 03:36PM
Thanks for help Vader - I'm from Poland you are right :)

My system freeze. It often happens when I live pit stop and when I switch to the camera outside the car. I use DirectX 7.0, trully saying i dont know which version of GP3 I have (I will check it today). I dont use gpxpatch, but i heard that it helps.
Date: March 28, 2002 04:11PM
If you just bought the game and installed it you have most likely ver. 1.00. "Grand Prix 3 seaon 2000 Update" is a game for itself that comes in a seperate box.
To get ver. 1.13 you must install the "Grand Prix 3 Patch v1.13" that you can find at [grandprix3.com].
I would also recommend to use the "Decrypted GP3 V 1.13 No CD Patch" , to be found on the same page.
1.13 does remove a few bugs, adds better controller support and the "decrypted exe" lets you use GPxPatch, which is really a MUST if you want to have TV-like atmosphere.
Updating might help to remove your problems.

As for video drivers: I recommend for the use with nvidea chips (like TNT or gforce) the detonator 3 ver.6.31, ver.6.50 or 12.41. I know they work well with GP3. Be sure to use the right version for your OS (Win9x or XP or whatever)

You might also want to update your DirectX version from Dx7 to Dx8.

WTF is that? Chodzmy w krzaki i kochajmy sie jak kruliki? Strange, indeed

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 30, 2002 03:33AM
Great thanks, I'm going to do everything you've said. So far I have only 2002 cars installed, but I've downloaded that second Patch. According to the drivers - detonator is a driver, isn't it? I will try everything today and I will tell how it works.

"WTF is that? Chodzmy w krzaki i kochajmy sie jak kruliki? Strange, indeed" - is it your sentence?

If you want to know what does it mean in polisch, i'm gonna to tell you when my computer wont freeze during playing GP3 :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy