GP3 problemo?

Posted by SirKevy 
GP3 problemo?
Date: March 28, 2002 07:12AM
Posted by: SirKevy
Alright, I got GP3 2 days ago... great game, much better then GP2, but, it has this nasty habit..

I turn all the driver aids off as I hate them, yet, the car still steers into the turns and say I brake and stop, the car will automatically speed up to about 12mph??

It's so annoying, makes me stop playing the game :(, F8 driver aid is turned off, but it appears on my dash board grey?

How can I sort this out?

Kevy
Re: GP3 problemo?
Date: March 28, 2002 07:18AM
Posted by: Morbid
Are you using a keyboard as steering device?

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: March 28, 2002 07:21AM
Posted by: Vader
Microprose says this is no bug, but the correct idling mixture behaviour of a F1 car.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 28, 2002 07:22AM
Yep :)

What should I do?

KevyMorbid wrote:
>
> Are you using a keyboard as steering device?
>
>
Date: March 28, 2002 07:23AM
It's a bug then :)

Is there no way to stop it ?? :(

Awww, I hate it, it's so annoying for me, I love GP2 and GP3 is so much better apart from this little problem :( What about the automatic steering??? I have turned that off, surely F1 cars dont steer on their own ?:)

Kevy
Date: March 28, 2002 07:29AM
There are two kinds of steering help in GP3. On is F8, which is meant to be a driving aid. The other one can be found in the GP3 calibration screen (options/controllers I think). This was impleemnted to make up for the (natural) disadvantage you have with a keyboard compared to a wheel. By default this amount of help is set to 100% I think. You can cahnge it as you like.

But you cannot keep the car from accelerating, as I said before

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 28, 2002 07:34AM
Thanks very much for helping me wit the steering :O)

Very much appreciated... :O) But, its a bit off that ya cant stop it accelerating, does it not spoil it a little for you???

Is there really no patch for it? I might just go back to GP2 and wait for GP4 then :O)

Kevy

Vader wrote:
>
> But you cannot keep the car from accelerating, as I said before
>
>
Date: March 29, 2002 12:33PM
Posted by: mercedes
About the car accelerating to 12 mph. This is normal even for a road car if you tune up idling revs high enough. On an F1 they are high. Put it in neutral and it will stop.

Rgds,
Date: March 29, 2002 01:24PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

Mercedes beat me to it :)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 29, 2002 01:38PM
Exactly as I pointed out 7 answers above

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy