cant set up graphics card please help

Posted by gavingav1 
cant set up graphics card please help
Date: November 05, 2004 01:26AM
Posted by: gavingav1
i have read all the post on graphics cards and tried all there recomendations but still cant use hardware mode ive been using the same card for years and its not broken --its a nvidia riva 32--ive used it for gp3 but had to uninstall then re-install it ever since no hardware mode
a help file installed with gp3 says that when installed should set up a file called cards.txt -this is not installed is this right?--- i have tried reinstalling my video card drivers going from directx9--directx7 then back to directx9 --ive also borrowed a friends radeon ve ddr 64m and a radeon 128m ddr catalyst again no difference ---im new to this forum but have played this game for years this is the first time it has never took my graphics card and over the years ive used allsorts
Re: cant set up graphics card please help
Date: November 05, 2004 01:32AM
Posted by: Vader
The cards.txt should be in your Gp3 directory. If it isn't there, start the game, let it do th egarphics calibration, exit he game again and the file should be there.

If all fails try the Nvidia detonator drivers - they should work with the TNT cards as well.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 05, 2004 03:03AM
no ----tried the nvidia detonator driver but when it calibrates graphics it only calibrabes twice and both are in software mode and still no hardware mode and still no cards.txt file anymore ideas ----anybody else with this problem
Date: November 05, 2004 03:29AM
Posted by: katunga
Hmmm... very odd. You said that it worked before...

Try the hardware emulator is in some place in downloads section. It makes your graphic card a hardware mode ready card no matter what card it is.
Date: November 05, 2004 03:31AM
the emulator is very slow---can enybody who uses a nvidia card send me the cards.txt file so i can copy and paste
Date: November 05, 2004 10:08AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
The cards.txt is simply a file stating what card it is, it won't help imo.

I think you need a very old driver. Go to nvidia's website, click on the previous driver versions, and get one from the same year (or as close as you can) as your card was made. Old Nvidia cards dont work well with newer drivers in my experience :(

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: November 05, 2004 09:26PM
Posted by: Petrol Head
-- PLEASE DONT TRY THIS UNTIL SOMEONE ELSE CAN CONFIRM IT --

I found after a similar problem, when my PC was working better then, that i went to My Computer properties, removed the graphics card from the hardware list, Windows autodetected it, and installed it's 'own' drivers. Back then I was having probs with other games, and it sorted most of them out.

Like I say, dont try this yet until someone else can confirm whether this is a method you should try. My PC seems to have a mind of it's own, so anything goes.

Hope its some help :)
Date: November 05, 2004 09:38PM
Posted by: harjinator
I did that with a card once and it does work. esp with older cards

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: November 05, 2004 10:25PM
Posted by: M@
All that would do is install older drivers, which is what was suggested earlier... Worth a try, as long as you have the correct drivers ready to reinstall if it doesn't work of course.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy