Auto center

Posted by Anonymous User 
Auto center
Date: March 27, 2002 02:07PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Yeah i am on my nice new PC

And considering my old one was PII 266 it seems super-fast

But this autocentering is making me feel sick, how do you turn it off?? Please help guys.....it is very annoying

Re: Auto center
Date: March 27, 2002 02:11PM
Posted by: _Alex_
I don't think you can :S - some ppl have it auto-centered, others have it left aligned... it's very odd! Guess it's the luck of the draw ;-)

I'm sure there's someway of setting it right (or left :)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 27, 2002 02:22PM
Posted by: Zcott
What is this auto-center? You mean where I'm typing this text is auto-centered?

It's left aligned for me on opera...
Date: March 27, 2002 02:40PM
I think its windows XP

Date: March 27, 2002 03:24PM
Posted by: Morbid
I am using WinMe, and I udpated to IE 6.0 before the forum change. I had the auto center thingie, and it really sux. I tried all sorts of things to get rid of it, but nothing worked.

Later I had to do a reinstall. It wasn't complete, I just reinstalled right over the old one, and guess what? It disappeared! I have not updated IE since then, but my system "thinks" it is v6.0, and I have not seen the "auto center bug" yet.

I have checked the code behind the page viewing here, and it clearly shows that the text is not set to autocenter. So the problem must be in the client side of the page viewing, and I am pretty sure that it is in IE somewhere. Alas, I have not found it. If you have not updated to IE 6.0 you might want to try it and see if that helps.

I am not sure which one of my versions of IE 6.0 (before or after reinstall) that comes closest to the "real" 6.0, as I always tamper, tweak and alter my system beyond recognition. So, who knows if it was in 6.0 or some part of the code before 6.0?

Good luck, and do tell if you figure out the answer to this puzzle.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: March 27, 2002 03:38PM
Posted by: Zcott
I'm posting this on IE6, and it's all auto-centered. Looks rather odd...but on Opera it's fine. And I'm on XP.
Date: March 27, 2002 03:41PM
strange i use AOL

Date: March 27, 2002 04:34PM
Thanks for your suggestions anyway

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy