background music

Posted by whyf1? 
background music
Date: March 27, 2002 11:41AM
Posted by: whyf1?
has anybody managed to get different background music on gp3?

i have a programme to do it that i got from this site and it gives me an error message saying "Acces au fischier refuse". does anybody know what that means?
Re: background music
Date: March 27, 2002 11:48AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
i think it means "Access to folder denied" :D

Date: March 27, 2002 11:58AM
LOL

it does lool like it i suppose!but why cant i do it? has anybody been able to do it or is it just my folders?
Date: March 28, 2002 06:46AM
Posted by: mortal
The background music can be manually changed. backup the sound files in the sound dir first. Then rename the filename extensions from 16 to wav. I think from memory the wav format is 16bit 22050mhz stereo but it's not too hard to work it out Rip your cd track to mp3 then convert it to wav format at the correct bitrate. After you have succesfully converted your track to the correct wav format revert to the *.16 filename extension. Programs that rip and convert and even burn to cd music formats are easy to find on the web if you don't have them already. I have as background music the Murray Walker song, the Schumacher somg and one original track
Have fun with it ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 28, 2002 07:19AM
Posted by: Morbid
You might also try and look at whether the files are write-protected or not.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: March 28, 2002 11:55AM
i will try to do that.

thanx
Date: March 30, 2002 05:06AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

Does anyone use background music in the actaul game? Like when they are racing? Using a CD player i mean? A little bit of metal music is good for driving

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 30, 2002 06:08AM
Posted by: SEARCHBUTTON-MAN
A very interesting question you ask there Lost Prophet! An one that started another legendary thread in Ye Olde Phorum.

[php-service.de]

This thread is so important for the GP3 community, since it was then when Morbid and Vader joined forces for the first time

&quot;Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.&quot;
(Matthew 7,7)
Date: March 30, 2002 06:15AM
Yo Sup

Yean i remember that thread :)

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 30, 2002 11:11AM
Posted by: Zcott
Hm! I've never tried listening to music while driving, but if I did, it would probably be some mid 1970s minimalism by people like Steve Reich. It's repetitive, hypnotic stuff. So you go onto autopilot and just not concentrate on anything. Alex is right about less concentration meaning less mistakes...I've found that with piano playing, too. The more I concentrate on it, the more mistakes I tend to make.

Conclusion: concentrating is overrated!
Date: March 30, 2002 11:32AM
Posted by: LS.
i find that i'm ok during a race, setting quicker and quicker laps as the fuel loads gets less, but when i'm a bout 2 laps from the end of the race and i'm thinking about the crossing the line and the points, thats when i start to lose it and run wide and spin off

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 30, 2002 05:24PM
yeh some lost prophets in the background is good to get you in the mood of overtaking.
Date: March 30, 2002 05:32PM
Yo Sup

Dam right, you need fast paced music like Shinobi vs dragon ninja to get you into a rythem

Date: March 30, 2002 05:34PM
thats right. then you can knock the F*** out.

jumps up and down screeming
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy