A story I want to share...

Posted by Morbid 
A story I want to share...
Date: March 25, 2002 04:44PM
Posted by: Morbid
Warning! Monster long broadcast ahead. If ypu suffer from ADD or other mental or physical conditions, that make you go wild when you have to concentrate for extended periods of time, please read on. And all you normal people: Shuu, scram, move it! This is for the eyes of the weirdos only.

Brought to you by Morbid Radio, the channel for the insane, diseased and the dead. Sponsored by Horribilis Alcoholis, the choice of indigestion. And here is your host: the slowly rotting, very insane, and truly ugly.... *drum roll*.... Doc Morbid!!!

(Crowd cheers insanely)

Okay! I admit it! It has been a long time since I have brought you a broadcast. Not even to mention a decent show. But after a serious rehab in local cemetary, I am back, bigger, better and even rottier than before. And this time, I even have a bedtime story that I want to tell you.

I have not raced a single, no saves, 100% distance championship race since late october 2001. My studies have placed a rather heavy demand on my time and mental resources, and there just hasn't been any breaks so I could enjoy the thrill of PC racing.

But! Recent developments in my study schedule (having completed 6 of my 8 exams for the year) has left me some time for GP3. Or to be more exact GP3-2000. And of course I have been practicing for the GP in Brazil this weekend, just like a lot of you have been too. I was doing my setup, and trying to remember the fastest way around Interlagos, when this... THING... happened. It is wonderful story, that tells volumes of just how good this game really is, and maybe it also tells a bit about how to be a quick driver. Most of all, it tells a lot about how I race in Gp3-2000, and if you can get through it all, I promise you a hearty laugh at my expense. Enjoy!

Just for good measure: I use a MS sidewinder (no-ff), no aids whatsoever, use the default amount of BHP 810, standard physics, and have the skill set to semi-pro (yeah, you would think that I would be faster after I have owned GP3 for at least 1½ year, right? So would I!).

Anyway, I was going through the usual motions of setting up my car and practicing the track. It usually goes like this: I choose a pit strategy, set my rear wing 1 notch below the CC setting, set the front wing at +3 to the rear, test one stint, and adjust these settings, or if I am happy with the results, go to the next step.

Now the test is the real killer. Nothing gets changed without being tested for a full stint. This is what I really hate about downloading setups. Many of the fast ones are great for the first couple of laps, but then they just get worse and worse. There are just too many setups that are not tested properly. For example for balance in the tyre wear after 20 or 30 laps. I suspect that not a lot of people like racing at 100% distance with no saves. For me, it is the ONLY real way to race. Yeah I do quickraces, but nothing beats the kick of taking the checkered flag after 1½ hours of hard racing, where you can blow it ALL in the blink of an eye. For me it is the only way to go. And if you want to do that, you want to be damn sure that your setup is just as good in lap 41 as it was in lap 3, preferably quicker with in the end of the stint than in the beginning. And yes, it can be done with GP3-2000 straight out of the box, if you know how to bring it about, and that you are sure that it will work on race day. And that means testing for a full stint, every time you change something, even the slightest setting.

After a test I always check plank and tyres, to see if the setup will carry me through the whole race. As I said, it is no use making a great setup if the plank wear is at 0,9 after the first stint, and it is too damn bad to realize, after you finish as #3, that you could have lowered the car by 3mm or more. A test is always with +2 laps of fuel to be sure that the plank and tyre information will be within the margin of a race day stint. Anyway, I opted for a 2 stop strategy for Interlagos, that being first stint 24 laps, second stint 24, final stint 24, and every test here is an exit lap, 24 laps and an entry lap, until (if) I change pit strategy.

Now I proceed to change the brakes, top gear, test. Usually at this point my laptimes are slow, and I go off picking flowers and sample the gravel all the time. But gradually it gets better and better. Lap times get quicker and more consistent, and the amount of flowers and gravel samples I present to the pit crew when i pit decreases. And believe it ot not, some people really do love you when you STOP presenting flowers when you pay them a visit. At least that is what my pit crew tell me...

The car actually begins to do what I want it to do, and talk the same language as me, when I begin to adjust springs, test, and anti-roll bars, test. Those 2 really make a huge difference. My trick is to work with the wings, gears and the mechanical grip (springs, roll bars, and brakes), until I am ON the lead pace (measured as the best lap time the CC does in an non-championship race, set to accelerated time). The point is, when the ride height + packers get adjusted, the extra undercar downforce in corners and added braking stability gives an extra second for free! So, I know from experience that when this is done, I am in the lead by 1 second per lap on my best lap times compared to the CC best lap time. And when this is acheived, all there is to do is to make the car steady like a rock and very predictable, no matter how badly I am throwing it around. I usually do this with dampers (slow+fast) and differential. So up till now I have given you a huge story about racecar setup (which you probably can do much better than me) and there has been no entertaining story. Actually, there has not even been a story at all! Well (sorry for the x-rated analogy), no good climaxes come without proper foreplay. And here it comes! Brace yourself, honeyboney...

(Crowd cheers insanely and goes wild)

Things were not going as planned at ALL! I was not even close to being on the pace, and I was spending huge amounts of time off the track. Naturally, with my setup/practice system, I just thought:

"Hey, I have not played this game for real in 5 months. Of course you are rusty. You just need some more practice and you will be back on the pace, ready to lower the ride height."

Now, I am no stranger to Interlagos. It is not my favourite, but I really like it, and have won races here before. And of course, the challenge of preserving your right front tyre, uhhh, with at least two exits from fast right handers followed by harsh breaking going to the right, where you almost always lock the right front solid. And add to that, loads of fast and slow left handers! That right front tyre needs some special treatment or it will look like a slick faster than you can say: "And Michael Schumacher and his flying chin takes pole!".

So, I disabled the symmetrical editing, and I set the right front spring to 1100 lbs compared to the lefts 1300 lbs. Went out and tested and BOOM! A 1.17.508 in full race trim with 18 laps of fuel left, about one small second from a pole position! Sadly, the rest of the laptimes were not that great. At least 7 (out of 26 laps!!!) off track incidents, only half of the laps in the 1.18.xxx range, and the rest of them slower. Some of them even on the wrong side of 1.30.

Anyway, I was on the pace (Sort of... My fastest lap told that I was potentially, not actually, on the pace), so in the spirit of my setup/practice system, I lowered the car to 29mm with 26mm packers in the front, and 49mm and 43mm packers in the rear. And that helped. More than half of the laps in the 1.18.xxx range, and 3 laps in the 1.17.xxx. But sadly no improvement of my 1.17.508, and still at least 5 off track incidents. I was frustrated and disappointed, that my trick didn't pay better dividends. I had been at it for about 160 laps and 2 days. I had done some progress, but I was very far from were I wanted to be at this point in time. The car was not nearly as stable as I wanted it to be, and it showed some very weird knacks when I was going on the limit. Especially in the left hand corners and in the brake zone. I was not really sure what to do... Adjust the car setup as it was now, or write it off as rustiness of skills on my part, and proceed to the next phase of the setup?

I decide for the latter. After all, the cars drawbacks right now was that it was not consistent in performance and it was unstable cornering left and braking. And that is things that I usually fix in this part of the practice/setup process. Granted it was much more unpredictable than I would like. But! I had an ace hidden up my sleeve! You see, I have this magical system for setting up the dampers, that just about turns any car into a smooth silky ride. Works every time, no doubt about it babe. But I developed this magical method for setting the dampers last summer. And I only had an very unclear memory and some sketchy notes of it. Going over my notes I realized that it was pretty complex mathematics with at least 4 unknown variables to begin with. It was so simple and lucid when I developed it. No it was just mombo jumbo, as I had been so excited when I wrote it, that I hadn't bothered to do the whole thing. I pondered over whatever the hazy notion was that my mind concocted in that very inspired evening as I was setting up for Montreal. It was a very weird idea, hard to recollect and re-grasp. And it gets no less mystical if I tell you, that I got the idea, when I saw the replay of Montoyas crash at Montreal GP! So I grabbed pen and paper and began to hurl mathematical symbols and equations around like there was no tommorrow.

But it was no use. I just could not remember the math, that isolates the variables one by one, so they can be calculated. So I get my older brother (no, not you Vader!), who studies math at Uni, on the phone and present the problem to him. He figures it out in about 10 minutes. I check his solution, and double check it, and it works! The magic of the dampers from the Montreal summer of 2001 has been restored! Gold has been struck! A small step for man, one giant leap for mankind!

At this point in time, I am in absolute exquisite joy! X-T-C! Adrenaline and endorfines are racing through my body and mind, as I rush to do the math so I can set the damper settings, so I can get out there and do some testing! And what can I say? The magic works! I am absolutely flying out there. I break the 1.17.508 on lap 3 (23 laps of fuel left!) with a 1.17.317. And the car is very much as I like it, able to break late giving just a bit of oversteer, good neutral as I hit the apex and hold the speed up, and close to oversteer again at the exit, the tail being in unison with the gradual adjustment of throttle. I just love that feeling, when the throttle becomes the steering device, and you can just FEEL it is dancing on the edge of slipping out beneath you. Okay, the tail does go wild now and then, and I have to do some harsh opposite lock at times, but that just adds to the fun. I go 1.17.222, 1.17.187, 1.17.134, and finally on the last lap I go 1.17.056. No less than 5 times did I improve my best lap time! And half of the laps are 1.17.xxx, 2 are 1.19.xxx, 1 is 1.20.xxx. The rest are 1.18.xxx, and I had NO off track incidents. I just cannot describe the thrill and jubilation I felt as I danced around my room, waiting for my machine to extract the telemetry. I jump around and even began to sing (that would be growl/howl since I dig black metal) a bit to myself as do the mandatory rituals of headbanging my 1 meter long hair around in the air. As I finally finish my victory dance, which would have made any caveman a proud and stout fellow (if not chieftain!), I sit down and begin to view the telemetry traces.

And then my face really begins to look like a caveman. Not in joy but in disbelief. Something is very wrong here. Wrong with the right side of the car. Yes, it really looks like the right side of the car is seriously malfunctioning. It is way higher than the left side. Even in the fast left hand corners, the right side is riding at a much higher level than the left. This cannot be right! Have I found a new and undocumented bug? Have my eyes crusted over because I forgot to blink for 26 laps times 4+ sessions for 2 days? Has my indulgence in electronically generated adrenaline and endorfines and my subsequent violent headbanging finally driven my brain to a spontaneous and debilitating hemmorage? No, the traces are right, and I am reading them correctly. And I, in a baffled - no numb and zombie-like manner browse my way to the advanced setup screen. And there it is, crystal clear.

There is no denying it. Even the most halfhearted idiot would have seen it, had he just glanced at the telemetry or even the setup screen. I am the caveman, yes the drooling Neanderthal - Homo Stupidicus (also known as Homer the Doh!), that did not see the following:

Left front: Ride height: 29mm. Packers 26mm.
Right front: Ride height: 36,5mm. Packers 0mm.

Left rear: Ride height: 49mm. Packers 43mm.
Right rear: Ride height: 56,5mm. Packers 0mm.

(Crowd cheers insanely and goes nuts beyond description)

No wonder I had a hard time getting the setup to be quick, consistent and predictable! The right side is a full 7,5mm above the left side. And the balance must have been terrible with the lack of 26mm and 43mm of packers!

So, what did I learn from that?

1) Never ever leave home without it - TELEMETRY!!

And a multiple choice for lesson number 2:

2a) Either my damper setup system is really really astounding, OR

2b) A driver that really believes in his car and his setup (yeah, cloud up the issue in some math that is so complex, that you cannot even figure it out on your own, and you are bound to believe), can work magic, no matter how shitty it really is, OR

2c) I don't know what I learned, except that I am Homo Stupidicus - Doh!

Can you believe it?!? I had a hard time doing it, and much harder time accepting it. I am still kinda of baffled, both by my own stupidity, and by the phenomally great drive i did in an absolutely shitty car. And that is why I thought, I gotta share this great story with someone. And that someone was you.

It serves as a nice reminder of why I play this game (and even pick it up again after a shelfing of 5 months!) and come to this forum as close to every day as I can. Bring it oooOON - GP4!

Doc Morbid signing off - over and out!

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Re: A story I want to share...
Date: March 25, 2002 04:59PM
Posted by: Zcott
Wow! Man, that was a great story!

You've really got me in the mood for wanting to go and set up my car at Brazil. Unforunately my knowledge of car setup isn't so great. But it's improving! I'll get there eventually!

The setup I have at the minute is reasonably good - I'll have to check my laptimes tonight, but I do remember not doing very well and being a second or so off the guy in 20th...
Date: March 25, 2002 11:22PM
Posted by: Rainey
Umm, I don't go away and calculate my setups using maths and @!#$, I just fiddle until I'm near the lap record time for qualifying. Yeah it was a good read, but you shouldn't take it so seriously, lol!
Date: March 26, 2002 02:38AM
Posted by: mortal
I'm going to test that shitty setup lol

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 26, 2002 06:15AM
Posted by: _Alex_
I'm a changed man, Morbid :)

Seriously, a very interesting story! You had me gripped ('scuse the pun) for a good few minutes!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 26, 2002 06:57AM
Thanks...

Nice to see that my story has inspired some people. I gotta thank this forum for it all though. I never would have been able to tell this story, if I hadn't been able to constantly log on to other peoples enthusiasm during the last 14 months. I never would have mustered the motivation to go clean on the saves, distance and driving aids, on my own. And thats whats it is all about. Sharing stuff so our racing experience gets better and more rewarding. This is part of my efforts to do some small sort of payback of some of all the good stuff that this forum has given to me. So, of course the story continues!

I decided to stick with all the setup changes I had done, and just fix the ride height+packers blunder. 29/26mm and 49/43mm was 1 mm to low for the plank, so I changed it to 30/27mm and 50/44mm. And then I went on with my setup system.

When the car is doing what you want, and performing fast and consistent, it is time to see how it flows with the pace of the AI grid. It is good to be the quickest, but what use is it to be fast on the twisty parts of the track, and slow or even average when you have to dice for the positions? You gotta make sure that your surplus speed is there at the right place and at the right time. And that is just before and in the overtaking spots. And here is how to figure out if you got that right.

The test is as follows. Start a quickrace @ 10% distance, with your preferred setup, in p22. At Interlagos 10% of the 72 laps equals 7 laps with no pit stops. The position you finish the race in, will be your next position on the grid. When I take p1, I deem the setup good enough for a 100% distance no saves race. Try to observe where you are slow, if you are having trouble clinching the p1. Very simple, don't you think?

One note though: I don't like dirty tricks in my racing! So to discourage me from the advantages of punting and shunting, and the risks of screwing it up by losing a wing or going off track, I subtract 1 position for each contact between cars that I am invovled in, regardless of how small and who's fault it was! That way, I should develop a habit of clean and dependable racing, which might even come in handy if GPx ever goes internet multiplayer. So in effect, p1 cannot be taken without a clean race to finish it off.

(Crowd booh's and hisses: "Enough chatter, bring on the action!";)

Okay, okay already! Here it comes:

Race 1:
Grid position: p22. Completed as: p8 Number of contacts: 4. Next grid position: p12.

Fastest laps:
1.16.633 - Yours truly (no NOT Trulli!)
1.17.132 - M$
1.17.397 - DC
1.18.091 - MH

Comments: I seriously overdid it in the first lap. First corner incident without much havoc (1 contact), and entered a 3 man side-by-side dicing game at the end of straight 2. I exited in the lead in p7, but did the "Irvine-Burti @ Spa" thing on Ralf Schumacher, and then we were 3 cars spinning in the gravel trap (2 contacts). Later I fought my way up again, but got brake tested by a Sauber (1 contact). Finishing 8th was very fine, and getting -4 positions was just too bad. And I even set the fastest lap by 0.499 seconds!

Race 2:
Grid position: p12. Completed as: p3 Number of contacts: 2. Next grid position: p5.

Fastest laps:
1.16.684 - Slayerton Gutberg (thats me!!)
1.17.196 - M$
1.17.862 - MH
1.17.997 - DC

Comments: I had an average start going to 10th, although I did do a wee bit of wheelbanging in the first corner, but it was so slight that it did not affect anybodys race (1 contact). As I was dicing with Mika Hakkinen for p3, I outbraked him but suffered understeer, and thus give him a slight punt (1 contact). He got out of it without harm, but I lost 4 seconds compared to him, and it took a couple of last to nail p3. Finishing 3rd is great and I know with a great start I can win the next race. Getting -2 positions is not great, but it is acceptable. Must do better if I am to survive a 100% distance race with no saves, tho. And I snatched the fastest lap once again, this time by 0.512 seconds!

Race 3:
Grid position: p5. Completed as: p2 Number of contacts: 2. Next grid position: p4.

Fastest laps:
1.16.688 - Slayerton Gutberg
1.16.972 - M$
1.17.910 - DC
1.17.962 - MH

Comments: I had high hopes for this one. But it was not to be. I started as p5, thus I was now on the right side of the grid. I managed to gain half a car on DC, but I was going on his outside and he was adamant on staying right on the white line, in effect I was sandwiched between him and the wall. Thus I just ran out of tarmac and had to brake early for corner 1, or end my race right then and there. My turn-in was ON the grass, and in a ill considered moment of anger, I gave him a little "thank you shunt" in the rear, on my way in (1 contact). I lost about 1 second to that, and I think I might even have given DC a few tenths to boot. I spent 2 laps getting around him. On lap 3 I tried to overtake Trullis Jordan, in an overtly brave move at the slowest corner. I got the corner, but accidentally shoved him off the track with my rear at the exit point (1 contact). To make matters even worse, DC exploited my situation to take his position back. Mika Hakkinen misjugded a move on M$'s lead, and lost some time in the process. Subsequently me, DC and MH were bunched up and a furious 3 lap battle developed, with moves, countermoves, positions gained and retaken, in the whirlwind of racing between the three of us. Meanwhile M$ was running off in the lead. On the final corner of lap 6, I finally clinched 2nd in a side by side dare with DC that scared the heck out of me, but it was good and clean. And to make it even better I snatched the fastest lap on my final lap, and thus finished 7 seconds behind M$ winning drive. So, all in all p2 was good compared to my awful start, but not what I had hoped for. Both of my contacts could and should have been avoided, so -2 positions is entirely my own fault. I go from a p2 to p4. But my fastest lap was great. And I have set 3 consecutive fastest laps within 0.055 of a second! My setup is about 0.3 slower than I am used to at this point, but it is extremely reliable and consistent. I think I should be able to take a win in the next quickrace, provided I can do it without ANY contacts.

And then I just gotta figure out if I am gonna tweak my setup a little more (Brake balance could be better, I think 6th gear can take one notch more, and I have not even touch the differential yet. I gotta have those 0.3 seconds!), or go and do the quals for the real race!

Whooo-hooo this is GREAT!

Date: March 26, 2002 07:40AM
Posted by: Zcott
You certainly seem to have picked a good way of getting a great setup....but it sounds too easy! Put it up to ace level! :P
Date: March 27, 2002 05:57AM
Posted by: Vader
How exquisite! How excellent! Even if you have no idea what this car-setup-ing is all about, you must admit, here is a man that really can write! No irony, no sarcasm or tricks whatsoever when I say:

Morbid, you should write novels!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 27, 2002 06:11AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Ever thought about becoming the Danish Prime-Minister morbid?

Date: March 27, 2002 10:36AM
Why should he if he is already King?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 27, 2002 11:16AM
Gosh, what can I say?

Yes, I do love to write. And I guess it shows. I also love to tell stories. Besides being an avid computer gamer, I have also been a roleplayer for many years. And it didn't take long before I was the GM. It is a lot more fun to try and figure out a plot, setting and a theme with total freedom of action for the players, and still manage to weave a good story out of all the fragments. Telling stories just rules, but writing novels? I dunno, maybe... Maybe... There is no future for a writer that writes in a language that only 5 million people can read. So I would definately need someone with good skills in english to proofread and comment on it for me...

As for being Prime-minister. Yes I have actually also thought about that. No real small time politican (as I have been, although never in party politics), goes about business without playing the thought once in a while. But that one, I can promise you, will never happen. Even if I could do it, I don't want to. Just think of it! All that power, and you would never ever be able to crazy stuff like proclaiming national soap-bubble day, enforce harsh punishments for missing the mandatory morning slamdances and pogo sessions at work. I would suffer under those conditions, not to mention that if I could get around them, others would suffer even more, even if they could see that it all, soap-bubble and pogo included, was for the greater good...

Btw, Zcott ace sounds a bit to tough right now. Can we negotiate about this? How about Pro, if I win @ Interlagos @ 1 attempt 100% distance, no saves, no aids? And of course I will need to know how you are doing at Interlagos, and whta difficulty you are at. We might have to force you to drive with one hand or something like that :)

Stay tuned! If I can have it my way, part 3 in the epic should be on its way!

Date: March 27, 2002 02:37PM
Posted by: Charlie
are u at uni morbid?

Date: March 27, 2002 03:14PM
Yup. I study philosophy and history. How about you Charlie, whats your current occupation?

Date: March 27, 2002 03:16PM
taking care of his angels I guess, wink wink, nudge, nudge, if you know what I mean

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 27, 2002 03:25PM
LoL! Wanna switch occupations Charlie?

Date: March 28, 2002 04:50PM
PART THREE

*Wun*
*Wun-wun*
*Wu-un-wun-wu-wuuuuuuuuuun*

The noise from the MacLaren paddock next door was absolutely deafening. Slayerton Gutberg winced as the technician kept revving the Mercedes engine to ever-higher rotations. Grabbing in his red Ferrari drivers suit for his earplugs, he wondered how these F1 people coped with such appalling amounts of noise. The paddock facilities here at Interlagos were nothing less than built to magnify even the slightest sound of a pin dropping to an utter roar from beyond the heavens. No doubt to feed the masses every ounce of the game of the gladiators the track designers could muster. And the just like in the Roman times, the masses gobbled it all up, and begged for more. The crowd was going nuts on the grandstands, no doubt loving it all. The level of stupidity made him feel sick. But then again, he thought, what could you expect to feel about others joy when you were associated with the Dark Side

Date: March 28, 2002 06:03PM
Posted by: LS.
OH MY GOD, MEGAPOSTMAN HAS HIJACKED MORBIDS LOGIN NAME ONCE AGAIN

and yes i do know where that da caps locks on da left ;-) it was meant for dramatic purposes

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 30, 2002 06:30PM
Posted by: LS.
One note though: I don't like dirty tricks in my racing!

so you did the honourable thing and deleted MS from your gp3 2000 season :-)

seriously though morbid, i saw this topic you posted mnay days ago and i did'nt have the time to read it ( and i'm not taking the piss)

i thought i'd wait til i had plenty of time to read it and savour it after reading other peoples comments about it.

the first thing i will say is, what a post!!! really interesting to read what you put about car setups and it would seem that GC has done his homework in gp3/2000 and you have to dig deep to appreciate it i must admit.

secondly, anychance of you putting this intensively researched car setup on the site for us to sample?

thirdly, i can only dream of looking forward to the day that GP (whatever) supports muliplayer via the net, so we fellow forum dweller can bang wheels against one another,

can you imagine a grid consisting of 22 drivers, inc LS, morbid, vader, ellis2k, alex, chris, beardster, zcott, jordangp2001 etc?
that would be awesome.

a proper online gp3.com race a few days after the real F1 action has taken place

now that is something worth dreaming about..........................................

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: April 03, 2002 06:14AM
Posted by: ralph
Does your great equation cater for non lop-sided cars or just wonky ones?
Are you going to share the maths with the group or is it strictly 7th son to 7th son on a moonless night with a quick virginal sacrifice and a kebab to round the evening off?

I haven't got to grips with setups yet. I'm driving gp3-2000 pretty much from the box but with the ferrari 2001 physics file that came with APE to cure a ff problem. Ace level, no helps, default setup and I'm consistently lapping at 1:15:xx. I wouldn't mind giving your setup a go or you could try switching phyics files. It's difficult trying to compare times with so many variables. Your attention to detail would suggest greater competency behind the wheel but my times are quicker.

If you're serious about writing but want to reach a wider audience you could get Vader to translate. Lets face it his english is well nigh perfect and we'll have to assume his german is none too shabby either!
There must be a huge discrepancy between the British and German education systems. I've got O' Level German which means I can just about order extra potatoes whilst attempting to buy a tie! I've also got City & Guilds radio and television servicing and I know absolutely bugger all about either appliance. The only thing I remember is that swirly black and white dot effect you get when you haven't got the TV tuned properly is called 'raster' (hard vowel sound). I only remember this because I tried to convince people that looking at it for too long could cause a condition similar to long-sightedness. A condition known as raster far-eye!!

On the beard front (from another thread for anyone who bothered to read this far and hasn't got a clue why I mention beards) I tend to go for the Wildman of Borneo look. Pure laziness. It grows where it grows and once in a while I run a beard trimmer over it. I've considered shaping and the extended goatie but it all seems rather too much like hard work...and topiary!

P.S. Where the hell do you find the time for all this?!?!!
Date: April 03, 2002 08:34AM
Heya Ralph Wildman of Borneo and fellow dark one. I have both good and bad news. The math of the dampers are still on the secrecy level of 7th son to the 7th son, but we usually sacrifice falafel instead of kebab. And to those of you that think that I am being a sexist here; I don't let the daughters in on the secret, because females don't need dampening!

(crowd goes: Booh! Booh! Get out of here! Booh!)

LoL, sorry. Anyway, I don't mind sharing the rest of my toys. I am willing to reveal all of the reasons behind the choices of the setup adjustments (apart from the dampers). Of course it is mighty hard to ask, if you do not know the setup. I must admit that I am not sure if it fits the ace difficulty level, being made on semi-pro. Extending the 6th gear one notch might be a solution, and maybe 5th and 4th too. And I am sure that the modified physics you are using won't make the setup that much happier either. But hey, maybe you can get it to fit anyway...

One cache though. If you think that some of the features of the setup are cool or smell like the back end of a more than dead goat, I would like to know. And I would also like to know why you think so. Getting some new input is always good, and I guess that is also why you asked for the setup. Well, quid pro quo...

If you still want it, send me an email @ (removed) , and I will send you the setup ASAP, with screenshots that prove that the setup can do what I claim it can.

Btw, you also might want to check out Gareth Claytons setups at www.grandprixgamer.com. He is very fast, and to make matters even more interesting, our approaches to doing setups are radically different from each others.

Oh and how I find the time? Dunno... a Jedi mind trick perhaps?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2015 10:06PM by Morbid.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy