Second Versions Of Two DTM carsets...

Posted by X_Acto 
Second Versions Of Two DTM carsets...
Date: October 02, 2004 08:38PM
Posted by: X_Acto
I need your opinion...

This is because of all the critics about my "LOW QUALITY" carsets!...

Tell me if you like those two updated DTM carsets (2000 & 2004) or not!

If you don't like, i don't bother upload the the rest of my carstes with those new effects.

In case you like i update all the carsets (CART, IRL, F3000 89, F3 Sudam...)

Just let me know...

-----------------------------------------------------

Re: Second Versions Of Two DTM carsets...
Date: October 02, 2004 09:06PM
Posted by: dylan
I'm with you :)
Date: October 02, 2004 10:54PM
Posted by: Mr. Lee
I like them :D
Date: October 03, 2004 05:11AM
Posted by: matthew13666
I haven't seen them but i wouldn't listen to critics. They usully don't know what they are talking about.
Date: October 03, 2004 10:40AM
Posted by: dylan
great..please do the same to the other's carset
Date: October 03, 2004 11:13AM
Posted by: drafi5
Thank you very much, Paulo, looks great !! Please continue your works !!

Happy racing from germany !!!
Date: October 03, 2004 02:29PM
Posted by: Made in Brazil
i m agree with you ;)

Anybody download my new versions too?
Date: October 03, 2004 03:23PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
I just had a look at your new version 2 1989 F-3000 carset.
(Somehow, I never saw the earlier version.)

It's certainly much better looking than all of your earler IRL and CART carsets that I have seen. I, for one, would very much like to see your improved versions of all of your CART and IRL carsets, as well as any F3000 carsets that you may have.

Thanks very much for this one, as well as all of your earler efforts.

The one really glaringly obvious omission from your carsets is the lack of drivers' helmets. Not that I'm complaining too much about this, as it's terrific to finally have these carsets, as is, without the helmets, for GP3, and I know how difficult it is to find decent photos of just the cars for these carsets, much less the drivers' helmets.

None the less, perhaps there might be someone out there who does have photographs of drivers' helmets for these carsets and might possibly lend a hand in making some helmets for them?
Date: October 03, 2004 06:35PM
Posted by: Mr. Lee
I have some CART drivers' helmets images from the 1980's ;)
Date: October 03, 2004 08:05PM
Posted by: Gang$ta
I like them :)
Date: October 03, 2004 10:36PM
Posted by: quickslick
very good Carsets, i like all of them :-)
Date: October 04, 2004 01:25PM
Posted by: Jacques26
Hi there X acto.
I applaud you on your recent effort. I don't mean this in a bad way but they look much better than your earlier carsets. I hope this makes clear what I meant when I said that your earlier cars were just mono-colour without chassis detailing. By all means, please post your work. I never meant to imply that you should not, just that they could use some more work.

I do think there is still one thing that could use some work. The sponsor decals seem slightly "out of focus". Take the DTM 2004 cartset as an example.
The team Phoenix Opel Vectra has Valvoline sponsorship. The valvoline decal on the sidepod is out of focus, the letters are blurred as if you cut and pasted a smaller valvoline decal and then enlarged it to fit the sidepod.

The same can be said about the Blaupunkt decal on the nose of the Red Bull Audi A4. If you can get this right, your carsets deserve the same praise as has been given to some of the greats of the GP3 community.

I hope you realize that I will now unashamedly take some of the credit for having been the first to offer gentle criticism and urge you to improve your carsets ;-).

Date: October 04, 2004 01:35PM
Posted by: Jacques26
I have to disagree with Matthew13666. As proclaimed by his post, the only person who doesn't know what he is talking about is Matthew13666. Perhaps you could take the time to actually check out what the discussion is about before weighing in?

Criticism should never have the effect of shutting down the artist/designer making something and I would feel very bad if my criticism of X acto would have had that effect. But criticism urging the artist to improve (obvious) shortcomings is a necessary part of creation IMO.

Date: October 04, 2004 01:46PM
Posted by: X_Acto
Yes, Jacques26 it was because of your first post that i try to improve. ;)

I'm sorry about the sponsers in the team Phoenix and Red Bull. But i don't think i release a new version of the carset just because of that. I'll try to do better in the next ones...

Thank you for your constructive criticism (But don't push it... :)) And to all who post their own opinions too!

-----------------------------------------------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy