Back from the dead... with a final carset for all of you

Posted by Widow 
Back from the dead... with a final carset for all of you
Date: October 01, 2004 07:58PM
Posted by: Widow
Has it been 6 months? Probably something like that. I have made some carsets in the past, I had some time to kill. Made a poor website and put some pictures of my designs on it... Maybe you remember me:

Looking very ambitious. I figured out to make it look photo realistic on most parts. At least it should be as the cars and helmets have been made from the photos.

I have been reading the forum... browsing the website... It looks like there is little action on the front. (The best work still is the addon GPxpatch I guess).
I once had plans to do a whole decade... would have loved to do that. But a good carset will take you at least a month... working about 3 hours a day. At least in my case.

Still I have something on the shelf, namely the carset I created last year. The 1991 Carset. I have really, really tried to finish it like I first intended it to become. Please forgive my fading of the enthousiasm. The will only be the plain carset. That means no art work or new jackmen/ tires whatever I had been planning.

But... I have done my utmost to make the cars and helmets to be my very best creation.

Some may remember this preview of the side view of the cars your are getting.

And something I took the most pride in... really down to the last commercial message I could find on the internet photos of the racing year 1991.

I see this one as my tribute to, still, the best carsimulation made in years (to come). Even if it where only that the game is completely modifiable.
I will post the carset tomorrow. And I hope the webmaster will upload it as soon as possible.

Love to see some reactions from you guys and how you are still enjoying the game.
Wow! I really thought you've abandoned the 1991 project, Widow. Good to see you back here :)
yep, welcome back Widow. Nice to see you again here :-)
Hey!
i wait at log time agoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

thank you boy!
Man, those cars seem incredible :)
yeah they look awsome. can't wait
Thanks for your reply... I just uploaded the carset:

"1991 Carset Widow Final, Grand Prix 3 - Season Packages, 2004-10-02 13:55:21".

For best results download 1991 carshape, physics, etc.... I just gives a better feel.

Hope you can enjoy it as soon as possible.

Wishing all you racing fanatics out there some great racing with this carset!

Greetz,

Widow

Hey, it is up!
Re: Back from the dead... with a final carset for all of you
Date: October 02, 2004 10:23PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
gonna download it and test it out tomorrow, cant wait...its great to see you going in for one last one widow, hope it aint ur last tho ;-)
Today 214 downloads of the 1991 carset.

Thank you all for your confidence.

How do you like the carset? Does it live up to your expectations, and the previews you saw above? Or maybe you thought it was not nearly as good as it could have been...

Greetz,

Widow

I've been using it for a few days, and I like it a lot! The painting quality is very good, especially loving that jordan :)

On a side note, I don't like the 'pre rendered' look too much, with the light already painted on the cars, you know? Its just a personal preferance really. But nice carset mate, keep it up eh :D

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: October 08, 2004 07:19PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
yeah its very nice, espeically , as qwerty said, the jordan. Id have to agree though, the painted light effects can sometimes look rather strange!

nevertheless a very nice carset, just a problem though, which carshape would you recommend, cause im usuing one from a different year and cant find a goood 1991 one around..
I found the car set in "season packages" and a car model in "carshapes" but I can't find a 1991 performance file :D

I will need some new tracks I bet too - though god knows where those will be...

Looks good, but the mapping reflections etc on to textures seems good at first but tends not to work too well. You did a good job anyway :) well done

H E L L O
Date: October 10, 2004 05:24AM
Posted by: vbc
Great to see you back Widow :)
Those helmets are great, you did a great job :)

Thanks GP3Hotlaps
Nice work!

I'm doing a 90's cockpit with cinfo panels.
Anyone knows when (from what year) the lcd dashes replaces the analog instruments in F1?

A couple of screenshots

Any feedback is welcome

wow, amazing
@Hernan:
Wow,simply amazing!Very nice job!Ansewring your question,i guess that lcd cockpit panels use started in 1989 or 1990 probably.
If it´s not too much to ask,could please do some analog panels with steering for those who runs mid 80´s season?(until 1988 ;))Please!
I would say, for all of the numbers / text that can change, use LCD style numbers to make it realistic. For the text that is always there and never changes (Like for example fuel) you can have what font you like, as this would have been printed on to the overlay of the screen :)

The 2nd one seems more realistic, but try if you can to do an lcd thing version :) and also non-slanted lcd numbers would be better.

Cheers, Daniel

H E L L O
cracking carset screen shots might be worth reinstalling GP3 if & when you release.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy