Should I Buy F1 2001?

Posted by Rupert 
Should I Buy F1 2001?
Date: March 24, 2002 07:37PM
Posted by: Rupert
G'day all. I have just come back to sim racing after a few months off, and I have been playing GP3. I had 2000, then I stractched the CD and now it doesn't work. I can't be stuffed paying $40 aus for it, about 15 pounds. And so I am thinking, should I buy F1 2001 to play until GP4 comes out? It is $60 bucks, about 25 pounds, and I have already downloaded all of the updates, like the superb Ralph Hummerich updates, as well as the awesome GT mod for it. I am going to buy it in the next few days, and to people who have played it, is it good?

Thanks
Ozzy
Re: Should I Buy F1 2001?
Date: March 24, 2002 07:54PM
Posted by: LS.
no don't waste your money,

if your desperate for a fix of f1 get F1RC instead.

its better all over comapred to F12001

checkout this feature i posted about F1RC

[www.grandprix3.com]

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 24, 2002 07:59PM
Posted by: LS.
with F12001 theres some pretty impressive screenshots about, but you have to @!#$. about with the video driver to get it running properly.

e.g the current detonator drivers are version 6x then the version you need to use to get the game working properly are something like 3.2

like WTF??? is that all about

its common knowledge if you look round the forums that F12001 is abit of a dog, the driving model is crap too

i bought this after reading the hype surrounding the game, but again EASports have fumbled the ball so to speak.

its total crap

ellis2k bought it too, ask him what he thinks about it

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 25, 2002 03:54AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

one word

pish

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 25, 2002 10:16AM
Posted by: Glyn
The only reason I bought F1 2001 because I wanted the FIA GT Mod (www.simbin.com). Before I tried the mod I had a go on the F1 game and it was totally crap. The only good thing is the impression for speed, and acceleration. The mod thorugh is excellent, very realistic and shows that EA could of done with the game.

Date: March 25, 2002 05:56PM
Posted by: Slipstreamer
maybe worth it you get the special edition with F1 manager included which is another good game though gp world is better as an f1 manager

TRY AND CATCH MY SLIPSTREAM
Date: March 26, 2002 01:18AM
Posted by: Rupert
Hmm.....I have a Star Wars Character and CS Junkie (No Offence David) saying no.........But I am going to buy it.

I know GP3 is the greatest (currently), but I need something different. I would get F1RC, but it is a bit updated and doesnt really have a great online community.

I am buying F1 2001 because I want to see how it compares against GP3. I am going to update carsets, carshapes etc to Ralph Hummerich standard, as well as the other patches which are around. I have also reviews and they say it isnt terrible, and it is quite good. It just gives me an alternitive.

And that GT mod, well it looks awesome. Doug Arnao (GPL Beta Tester, well known simmer) has done a lot of work on this. Mainly the physics, which are awesome. Really, it is a full time overwrite mod for the game, which should make it a ripper.

If you arent convinced, go here:
[www.simbin.com]

Ozzy
Date: March 26, 2002 06:18AM
Posted by: _Alex_
I'd get it for the GT mod. The handling would probably more suit touring cars anyway :)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 26, 2002 06:20AM
Posted by: _Alex_
But then again Rupert remember that F12002 is coming out soon and it won't be much more than £25/$60 aus.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 26, 2002 07:45AM
Posted by: Xero
I totally agree with Boba and Lost_Prophet!!!!

I bought F12001 for the PC the day it came out... I played it for about 2 hours. (mostly trying to sort out the frickin' gfx!!) Once I got that working, I did about 2 laps at Monza..... IT IS ONE OF THE WORST RACING GAMES I HAVE EVER PLAYED!!! No offence to EA or anything, but the handling was crap!!!

Anyway, I took the game back the next day and exchanged it for the PS2 version, which I might say, is a great game!

Don't buy it.... play the original gp3 or try F1RC... if you wanna get it for the GT mod, then i've heard it is pretty good... but that ain't enough for me! If I were you, I would rather wait for GP4 to come out than buy F12001!!!
Date: March 26, 2002 11:54AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

I still have it cos when im bored i stick all the aids on full and go to practice and watch the graphics. My comp is too slow with more than one car on track :';(

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy