James Allen, the solution!

Posted by Dinga 
James Allen, the solution!
Date: March 20, 2002 01:55PM
Posted by: Dinga
Ok! Ok! So a few jokes have got out of hand and turned into slagging matches, so here is an alternative for the Brits here, who can't afford or own Sky:

1. Have ITV coverage turned on TV with volume muted.
2. Tune into BBC Radio 5.
3. Enjoy full race coverage even during the adverts.

I have my TV plugged through my HiFi, and previously used to put R5 on when the adverts came on or if Murray was having an off day. The reason I haven't done it yet this season is because of the early starts to the races, prefering to lie in my pit and watch the portable. I really do hope James improves and will give him further chances, but if he gets too much, on goes the radio!
Re: James Allen, the solution!
Date: March 20, 2002 02:24PM
Posted by: Vader
You can have our german Heiko Wa

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 20, 2002 02:32PM
Vader, mein Deutsch ist nichts gut, aber Herr Wasser ist vorzuziehen als James ;-). Excuse the very bad German, I left school 18 years ago and only get to speak it when I visit Germany through my work(next time, next month wahay!)
Date: March 20, 2002 02:39PM
Posted by: Vader
Kev - your german isn't all that bad. So you actually left school before 3/4 of this forum where even born? You must be even older than me ...
Have a nice trip to Deutschland.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 20, 2002 02:44PM
Cheers Vader, I'll drink to that! I'll be celebrating my 35th while in Germany, I'm already dreading the morning after! More grey hairs but no wrinkles hopefully.
Date: March 20, 2002 03:07PM
Posted by: CMJH69
I'll drink to that aswell, I think ive had to many. I just watch a tape of the race on sunday and James Allen makes sense!

I must be drunk!

:)

Date: March 20, 2002 10:42PM
Posted by: TeamFerrari
I admit that my comments (about a certain Mr. Allen and Mr. Halpinen )may have come across a little strong, and I admit that I crapped on a bit (A BIT?????!!!!!) about wanting to cause harm to James Allen, but common sense has taken over, and I want to issue an apology for my comments about James Allen (and what I said to Mika Halpinen, whoever he is).

I know I've caused too much turmoil with my pathetic attempt to start up an Anti-James Allen Fan Club, but all I want, and racing fans will agree with me, is a commentator who can actually call the race without any Scumacher/Ferrari bias, and who doesn't come out with stupid comments such as "Easy, peasy, chocolate squeezy!) That was what triggered the insanity attack, by the way.

James Allen belongs in the pit lane, 'cos he's good at commentating on pit activities, but please, not in the commentary booth. I bet even Martin Brundle looks at him sometimes with a "What the??" look on his face.

Anyway, I'm apologizing for what I've said, and if Mika Halpinen is any sort of a decent human being, he'll accept it with the knowing fact that I'll try to keep my dumn-ass comments to myself, and not broadcast them all over the web, and hopefully we'll move on.

And Mika Halpinen, by the way, there's nothing personal against you....I just got riled up about the "loser" comment.
Date: March 20, 2002 10:48PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
G'day all..

Perhaps the last message would better belong in the thread where these comments were made, just so people know the matter's been clearded up. But nonetheless, I've read it here, and it means the same thing no matter where it is.

I'm definitely one who know's what trouble speaking an opinion can get you into, so obviously I'm one who knows that making an apology is not an easy thing to do, and it has been appreciated in this case.

Date: March 21, 2002 01:37PM
Posted by: ralph
I'm not much of a James Allen fan either, he does have a bit of a Schu fetish. But in his defence he wasn't helped much by the camerawork at the w/end.
I wouldn't mind seeing Martin Brundle take the helm and Have someone like Johnny Herbert co-driving. To counterbalance JA's Schumacher bias they could get Damon Hill to sit in with them (or even Michael's mum!).
Personally I'd like to hear John Motson do a bit of commentary.
Date: March 24, 2002 07:16PM
Posted by: TeamFerrari
Thank you, Mika, for accepting my apology, and for realising that while it's easy to put your (speaking for myself) dumb-ass comments on the forum, it is much harder to suck up the courage, and apologise instead of being a stubborn idiot.

No hard feelings, nothing personal, all sins forgiven.

TF.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy