Problem with GP3 2000 editor

Posted by tainted_devil 
Problem with GP3 2000 editor
Date: August 09, 2004 04:01AM
Posted by: tainted_devil
Not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but I noticed Ive been having a problem with the editor recently.

Here's the story. I wanted to replicate the performances of teams and drivers of the 2004 season, as far as order goes. Ferrari having a clear advantage over the likes of Renault, BAR and Williams and Schumi the best on the grid with the likes of Button and Alonso behind.

Now this is the problem. After saving and exporting my edited details, I started up GP3 2000 and noticed that the times I got at Albert Park in a MInardi (at 750HP) were identical to the times I got at the same circuit in the BAR (at 810 HP). In the editor, I have the "Car Power team dependant" checked and thats also the case in the GPx Patch (version 3.80) with the text performance file which I created in the editor specified in the Patch as the performance file.

Can anyone help?. Ive been using the excellent GP Career program and would like to start my 3rd season in it coz I reckon I could win the title on GP3 2000 with the BAR team.
Re: Problem with GP3 2000 editor
Date: August 10, 2004 08:35PM
Posted by: harjinator
Were you driving?
Date: August 11, 2004 11:05PM
Of course. Its how I noticed the problem. Same car set up, same circuit, radically different cars in terms of HP, yet same times and we're talking about to within about half a second when considering the difference in HP, the difference should have been in the region of about 2 seconds.

Anyway, Ive gone back to the original GP3 and set up GP3 edit with the same performance as I tried with GP3 2000 and there has been no problem. Just need a decent physics file to use with GPxPatch as the original with GP3 has an unnatural feel to it and some others Ive tried have been too hard on the tyres. Maybe I should look round for some GP3 set ups and not use GP3 2000 set ups.
Date: August 11, 2004 11:09PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
I recall there was a physics file which was intended to emulate the GP3 2000 physics included in Ralph Hummerich's 2002 2k season set. Maybe this would suit you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: August 11, 2004 11:20PM
Hopefully. Do you know where I can find this file??
Date: August 12, 2004 07:23PM
I think I have it somewhere on my HD. If you PM me your email address I can hopefully find it and send it to you. Won't be until tomorrow afternoon/evening though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: August 13, 2004 06:22AM
Posted by: belini
have you tried the belini grip patch for gp32k?
your times will be a lot more realistic as it removes default player grip

pk

suzuka 1999 - 2003

work in progress
barcelona 1999 - 2004

[www.belini.fsnet.co.uk]

Date: August 13, 2004 06:55PM
Posted by: dada
<<<< belini >>>>

does your patch works with gp3 v.1.13 ?
Date: August 16, 2004 06:40AM
patch is for gp32k only, if you get yourself a hex editor try changing

1B4DB 74 to 90
1B4DC 0D to 90

I've not tested it in gp3 but I'm 99% certain it will work, as always backup your original gp3.exe

the gp32k patches for more realistic slipstreaming too, but I've yet to find
the correct address for gp3.

pk

work in progress
barcelona 1999 - 2004

[www.belini.fsnet.co.uk]

Date: August 16, 2004 10:41AM
Posted by: dada
thnx belini . I'll start with the hex editor and then i'll let you know

thnx
Date: August 17, 2004 02:59AM
be interested to hear how you get on

pk

work in progress
barcelona 1999 - 2004

[www.belini.fsnet.co.uk]

Date: August 22, 2004 02:40AM
Tainted Devil,

Sorry, I misplaced you email address, can you resend it as I may have an offer for you :) If you use messanger then you can catch me on alanreidy@hotmail.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy