How do you make a power turn in GP3?

Posted by Speed_Addict 
How do you make a power turn in GP3?
Date: July 07, 2004 01:48AM
Posted by: Speed_Addict
How do you make a power turn, assuming of course that you have not implemented F3 (self-correcting spin)? I've tried by halting to a stop and then quickly accelerating but it didn't do for me. Any suggestions? :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2004 01:49AM by Speed_Addict.
Re: How do you make a power turn in GP3?
Date: July 07, 2004 02:11AM
Posted by: Vader
Switch off all aids (especially F1 steering help and F7 throttle help), turn the wheel to maximum lock and floor the throttle in first gear - easy as pie.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 07, 2004 02:31AM
F1 is auto brakes, I have it always switched off :)
Steering help is on the other hand always switched on I presume, since I use a digital controller (ie keyboard).
As for throttle help... It didn't cross my mind but sounds really like an "easy as pie" solution :)
I'll do that! Thanks
Date: July 07, 2004 04:38AM
It doesn't work... :(
Date: July 07, 2004 07:18AM
Posted by: rory_sayers
hold down which way you want to turn, accelerate and press down space bar, it rev's your engine up to max and gives you wheelspin
Date: July 07, 2004 04:00PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Are we talking about a donut?

If so, holding the revs with the space bar, like rory_sayers said, works perfectly!

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: July 07, 2004 08:50PM
Posted by: TheSmokingPen
Don't know what the key equivalent is, but with my steering wheel, start in neutral, whack up the throttle to full, then select first. Turn whichever way you want to go and get off the throttle a.s.a.p. Or, if you want doughnuts, keep the throttle floored.
Date: July 07, 2004 09:39PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
All of which kills the tyres of course. I'm kinda careful. Three point turn without touching the kurbs, pull away with one eye in the wing mirror.

I also stop at 'Give Way' signs at Monaco though. In fact I get really guilty driving the wrong way down some of the one way streets! Ahhh, reverse parking is best too.

Pah.

:)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: July 07, 2004 11:52PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Does it kill the tyres? I've never noticed locking wheels or wheelspin affecting tyre wear very much at all?

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 08, 2004 12:16AM
Posted by: Red Sam
I am naturally quite agressive, and I do find that grip goes off after a while, normally just before I do.... :)

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: July 08, 2004 03:22PM
Sorry guys, nothing works for me.
Darnit, why couldn't they just leave the good old "powerturn gear" where it was...
Date: July 08, 2004 03:23PM
Posted by: Scottyj
Tyre wear is greatly affected by hard driving. You want to try to drive without locking wheels and getting wheelspin if possible. You can drop 3 or 4 seconds a lap if you're not careful in a normal race.

Also, try to keep your race setup suspension a little soft at the back on twisty tracks as this will help rear tyre life. Same at front.
Date: July 08, 2004 03:23PM
Three point turn without touching the kurbs, pull away with one eye in the wing mirror.
Well okay, this kinda works... :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy