Posted by: -qwerty-
Dammit :( My new 9700 Proo doesnt work with gp3 :';( Even crashes on SW mode :(

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Re: Anyone running GP3 on Windows XP ?
Date: August 06, 2004 09:36PM
Posted by: harjinator
Join the club-new graphics card + GP3 not working. My Radeon was bust tho...
Date: August 07, 2004 04:33PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
"Why not stay with 98SE like i do. No problems."

Because my computer died and I had to get a new one which, of course, came with WinXP installed.

In fact, I wound up getting no less than 4 different new computers. three different models from two different manufacturers, as the first three all gave up the ghost within 4 to 12 days. (Three bad hard drives, apparently, judging from the symptoms.)

The problems that I mentioned, with about 90% of my "old" software not being able to run properly on WinXP (and the percentage keeps getting higher as I try out more programs) occured on all these different systems with 4 different graphics cards, so WinXP seems to be the only common factor to all of them.

I do intend to remove WinXP and re-install Win98SE, as soon as I buy and fill up some DVDs with everything that I've downloaded recently and. hopefully, find my Win98SE CDs. Then I'll be able to confirm my suspricions regarding WinXP, and whether I'm correct to place the blame there.
Date: August 08, 2004 03:49PM
Can you afford another hard-disk? If so, get one, install win98 on it and get your computer to boot from that one rather than the one with XP
Date: August 08, 2004 04:54PM
Posted by: Ferrari__Fuhrer
If you run GP3 with Windows 98 compatibility mode, the game doesn't crash suddenly when there's a big accident.
Date: August 08, 2004 11:02PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
"If you run GP3 with Windows 98 compatibility mode, the game doesn't crash suddenly when there's a big accident."

I just tried it.
It doesn't crash when there's a big crash.
It just crashes a little way into a race at most tracks, period, just as before.

"Can you afford another hard-disk? If so, get one, install win98 on it and get your computer to boot from that one rather than the one with XP"

I still have my old one with 30 gb of data which I intend to put into the new machine and run Win98SE on both hard-drives, with DirectX 7.0a on one and a newer DirectX on the other. The problem is just that this new computer, contrary to what the salesman specifically mistakenly told me, is not outfitted to accomodate two hard-drives, but with some help from my computer-expert cousin and a bit of work it should be able to be done.

The problems that I attribute to WinXP aren't just with GP3.

Many GP3 editors don't work right.
GP3Edit won't change the tyre names.
GP3 Frames Per Second won't change the framerate.

F1 Championship Season 2000 won't play menu music.

F1 2001's, F1 2002's. and F1 Challenge 99-02's mods all stop running after awhile. The graphics editor for F1 2002 and F1 Challenge 99-02 won't work at all.

Superbike 2000 and Superbike 2001 won't run more than one time if one uses any EAX sound effects, and the sound in Superbike 2001 is completely out of sync, regardless.

Grand Prix Legends has sound problems confirmed by many forum posts to be true for just about everyone.

Spirit of Speed 1937 just won't run at all.

I've just mentioned a few of my favorite racing games, but the list of other programs that have serious problems on WinXP just goes on and on, and "compatiblity mode" hasn't helped a bit in even a single case.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2004 11:12PM by JackiMatra.
Date: August 08, 2004 11:19PM
Posted by: X_Acto
Jakie, i never had any problem with Win2000. Everything works fine, but i can't say that refering to WinXP because, like you, any racing games simply won't work or crash all the time.

I think the main problem with Win98 is that you have to install lots of drivers. And with Win2000 you don't need that, despite, IMO, Win2000 is more stable than Win98.

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: August 09, 2004 08:27PM
@Jacki-use velcro and stick it to the base of your case. Worked in my old P1
Date: August 09, 2004 09:56PM
Win 2000 is rock solid, really good OS, better than 98 in every single way - even better than xp since for some reason, its the same core OS as XP, but without the compatability issues....very odd!

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: August 10, 2004 08:31PM
Yeah, and it doesn't have the hideous default colour scheme that XP has... I migt see if I can get it cheap-anybody got any suggestions
Date: August 11, 2004 07:07PM
Posted by: Ferrari__Fuhrer
If you mean about where to get WIndows 2000 from, ebuyer.co.uk is very good for anything to do with computers.
Date: August 11, 2004 07:15PM
Check your pm, harjinator :)

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: August 11, 2004 08:27PM
coo, never had a pm before! I've sent a reply BTW. I know 2000 and XP don't need drivers for usb stuff, but does that apply with graphics cards?
Date: August 11, 2004 09:14PM
Posted by: X_Acto
I known a few Video cards that hasn't been recognized by Win2000 or XP... :(

Normally this happens with onboard cards.

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: August 11, 2004 10:33PM
any Geforce FX ones?
Date: August 11, 2004 11:30PM
No - when you install 2000, it will load some drivers, but you'll need some nvidia ones off their website to get it recognised - XP didnt recognise my 9700 pro until I'd done the drivers.

There shouldnt be any issues with Nvidia cards, my GF4 MX was fine with it, as was my girlfriend's GF2 MX, so it hopefully will be fine.

Replied to your pm too :)

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: August 21, 2004 11:05PM
Posted by: GP4Flo
GP3 2000 works on my XP PC, except that it's running quite slow. The problem is, that anti aliasing and anistropic filter cannot be fully disabled with the ATI control panel. Does anyone of you know how I can disable these two options? Maybe a tweaking tool or something like that?

Flo
Date: August 22, 2004 10:38AM
Its possible in my control panel for ati - go into your ati menu, select the '3D' tab, then click 'custom' and reduce all AA and AF to '0'.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: January 26, 2006 12:15PM
Posted by: [FIN]Räkä
nothing anymore...
Date: January 28, 2006 10:40PM
Posted by: [FIN]Räkä
How do I turn off those anisotrophic filtering and antialising from my ATI Radeon 9200?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy