Minardi's logo

Posted by calimbo 
Minardi's logo
Date: June 23, 2004 03:19AM
Posted by: calimbo
Hi people. Again I need your help.

I need to know exactly what's that sponsor Minardi has on the sidepods? it says aqua...something.

I can't find i nice picture of it, neither the exactly name of the sponsor. I'ts not at Minardi's site.

Re: Minardi's logo
Date: June 23, 2004 05:02AM
Posted by: zymolguy
It was AquaJet.
No idea what it is though..
Date: June 23, 2004 05:46AM
Thanxs for that. I've been looking for it everywhere but nothing. Can you help me with it, please? or anybody else?

Date: June 23, 2004 03:57PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
er I dunno. Is it any of these? [images.google.com]

btw, how come ferrari appear to have lost their marlboro sponsoring in America? They did allow tobbacco sponsors, as the other cars had them, so it caused me to wonder.

Crap track though - all the corners are so uniform :(

But then Indy is even worse! How can anyone enjoy that kind of thing, it is just a big big circle. What skill does that take?!
Date: June 23, 2004 04:53PM
Posted by: Addicted on GPX series
@Daniel Knott:

This Marlboro thing probably has to do with the prohibition only for brands commercialized in USA.
Date: June 23, 2004 05:24PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
I have taken a close look at the Minadri cars used in various sessions over the last two GP weekends and don't see any Aquajet sponsorship at all. Maybe you can say when and where this logo was seen. FYI I have included somre recent pictures...

[members.lycos.co.uk]

[members.lycos.co.uk]

[members.lycos.co.uk]

[members.lycos.co.uk]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: June 23, 2004 06:10PM
Posted by: bestobritish
ferrari couldnt have their tabacco sponsership cos a tbacco brand can only be represented at 1 championship per year. this year it was on 2 of the IRL cars while west wasnt and so mclaren could use theirs

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: June 23, 2004 09:16PM
This is what i'm talking about...

Date: June 24, 2004 12:38AM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
Date: June 24, 2004 06:23AM
Posted by: zymolguy
Calimbo,
I emailed you a better pic of the minardi.
hope it helps. anything to contribute to your great cars.
Date: June 24, 2004 09:40AM
Posted by: RiccardoPatrese
Here you go: [www.aquajet.it]

Date: June 24, 2004 07:40PM
Wow!!!! more than expected, RiccardoPatrese. Thank yous so much, dude. Now, I can finish USA carset.

Thanxs to the rest of you, as well. It shows me that you're really interested in my cars.

Date: June 24, 2004 07:53PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
So did Minardi change the liveries of the cars from Friday to Sunday? It seems from the pictures I posted that they changed from Saturday to Sunmday in Canada.
Date: June 24, 2004 08:27PM
Yeah, that's what happened. They did it at Canada's as well.

Date: June 24, 2004 08:28PM
Posted by: Traction
Minardi change their livery whenever Holland are playing in Euro 2004.
When Holland are playing the sidepods say "Wilux support ORANJE".
Date: July 01, 2004 11:31PM
Posted by: fongu
oh wow you guys, cheers for the aqua jet logo, life savers :)

I hate minardi, why do they run the nicer liveries in practice and change it on sunday when no-one takes pics of them

Date: July 02, 2004 12:00AM
Posted by: Vader
@ Daniel Knott:

IRL (Indy Racing League) is very popular in the USA, even more than F1. It's an open wheel single seater racing series as well, but they only race in ovals. IRL is a bit like ChampCAR (formerly CART), yet I don't rate their drivers that much. CART do race on ovals and race tracks. For info on IRL look here: [www.indyracing.com]
or at [www.champcarworldseries.com] for CampCAR/CART.

Marlboro does sponsor the Team Penske cars in the IRL (Indy Racing League). US laws say that a tabacco companiy may only appear as sponsor in one series. Ferrari thus had to run their non-tabacco liveries. West and Mild Seven cigarettes are not sold in the USA, that's why they do no other sponsoring there and McLaren and Renault were allowed to run their West liveries. Jordan didn't use their normal Benson & Hedges liveries but Sobranie, which is the B&H brand for eastern Europe and therefore unknoen in the USA as well.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 02, 2004 04:01PM
Posted by: Scottyj
Off Topic:

Vader, do you have any idea what happened to Gil DeFerran in IRL? Doesn't he race IRL anymore?
Date: July 02, 2004 04:52PM
Posted by: Vader
He had a huge shunt in 2002, breaking a few vertebras - just like Ralf, only more heavy and severe. He came back in 2003, won the indy 500. In 2003 he crashed heavily again at the Phoenix race. He announced his retirement last year after the seasson final in Texas.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2004 04:56PM by Vader.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy