vid card problems

Posted by ardenasia_kyle 
vid card problems
Date: June 17, 2004 09:28PM
Posted by: ardenasia_kyle
Hey Everyone,

I just installed a Radeon 9200 and now the game crashes when I get to the fifth calibration screen in game. What am I doing wrong?
Re: vid card problems
Date: June 18, 2004 08:21PM
Posted by: harjinator
THe game's probably overloading the card, thus causing a crash. Simple solution, don't let the game caliberate graphics, do it yourself! You can tinker with loads of options and get the game to just caliberate certain resolutions. Hope this helps.
Date: June 19, 2004 03:29PM
I've just installed a new Radeon 9200, and it worked fine (after making me reinstall windows for the third time in 3 days) Dunno, what's up with yours. Which version of GP3 are you running?
Date: June 19, 2004 04:58PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
GP3 seems to really not get on well with Radeon cards :(

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: June 19, 2004 04:59PM
Posted by: ralphi
-qwerty- Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> GP3 seems to really not get on well with Radeon
> cards

you can say that again.. :rolleye's:

Date: June 19, 2004 05:08PM
I dunno-works OK for me! Maybe I just struck lucky!
Date: June 20, 2004 06:46AM
OK, well I am doing the no calibration method. Seems to be working, but some of the tv graphics are a little blury....will changing resolutions help this? And since it isnt calibrated properly, the PO is a little higher than normal, can this be taken care of? I have a wet league race this weekend....the card doesnt seem like it will run very good for these conditions....:(
Date: June 20, 2004 11:13AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
You're not using Anti Aliasing and Anosphic (sp?!) filtering (AA and AF) are you? Because GP3 really hates that - screws up Frame rate badly :p

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: June 20, 2004 12:05PM
In options, go to Graphics and click the advanced tab. Select manual, then you can tinker with all of the textures, and so on. You'll probably find a setting that works. I had to do this.
Date: June 20, 2004 04:17PM
Posted by: Eagle
GP3 loves my Radeon 9800 Pro, playing at 1024x768, with about 20PO all the time...mind you i gotta play it in win 98 cos xp hates gp3 on my pc for some reason...

just get the lastest catalyst drivers for your operating system, disable fsaa and everything should be ok
Date: June 21, 2004 08:15PM
Eagle-In my experience, XP hates anything that is remotely useful, or good. The only thing I have seen installed without a hitch was Office!!
Date: June 22, 2004 02:21PM
Posted by: headache
Eagle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> GP3 loves my Radeon 9800 Pro, playing at 1024x768,
> with about 20PO all the time...mind you i gotta
> play it in win 98 cos xp hates gp3 on my pc for
> some reason...
>
> just get the lastest catalyst drivers for your
> operating system, disable fsaa and everything
> should be ok

Eagle - I have a 9600xt 256 mb card on XP with the latest Catalyst 4.5 drivers. GP3 freezes every time, even in win98 mode with cpu hyperthreading, AA and AF disabled. Doesn't matter what resolution. By FSAA do you mean AA and AF ? Am I missing something ?
Date: June 22, 2004 05:11PM
Posted by: Eagle
Well, as documented through this thread, GP3 doesn't work all that well on windows xp (as you'd very well know).

I found that out the hard way, whacked in another hdd in my pc, installed win98 on it, installed GP3 and all the associated programs/tracks etc. and have never looked back. And yeah, I've got the latest win98 catalyst drivers on that hdd and haven't had any problems.

In response to your question, FSAA (Full screen anti-aliasing) is another term for AA and AF(?)

I'm not too sure if its possible to partition your hdd and install win98 on the new partition (XP might have an issue with that), but in my case, I have 2 hdd's, one is 80 Gb the other is 60Gb. I basically boot them up through my CMOS screen by selecting the IDE channel that I want to boot up (IDE 0 for win xp, IDE 1 for win98). But then again, I have a lot of old games that work infinitely better in win98 than XP, so that's why I've setup my pc that way.

You can set up your pc that way too, headache, but I'm a bit unconventional in the way I solve problems (but at least i have no problems afterwards!)

Date: June 22, 2004 07:22PM
Wow sounds like a lot of hard work.... so how do I find this FSAA or AA AF? I would like to toggle the two and see if I get any better results.
Date: June 22, 2004 08:15PM
Eagle-what a brilliant idea! Also, I spoke too soon, my Radeon card now refuses to do anything to do with GP3! I'm gonna download the new Catalyst driver, but i'm not hopeful. How does a GeForce FX5200 run GP3-good or no good?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy