11th Team Remover Patch development

Posted by FrankT 
11th Team Remover Patch development
Date: June 16, 2004 08:01PM
Posted by: FrankT
I`m going to try and remove the 11th team from Gp3, but I need to know which files are loaded for the 11th team.
Need the filenames of ALL jams and bitmaps etc relating to the 11th team. And also ALL the text relating to 11th team.
Am going to be working from a clean v1.13 Gp3.exe

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Re: 11th Team Remover Patch development
Date: June 16, 2004 08:33PM
Posted by: harjinator
Just a friendly question-why bother? Why dont you put your own fictional team in with some of your mates as drivers?

Or, failing that, you could put the team's horsepower down to the absolute minimum so they don't feature in the race (if they're lucky they'll reach the first coner before two laps are complete)

Personally, I don't think it would be possible. You cn remove all of teh jam files (labelled minard98) but then you just get a pure black car.

Good luck though, I'll admit it is nice to have an accurate game.
Date: June 17, 2004 02:07AM
Posted by: Hova
Speaking for myself, I would love to see if this patch can be done. It would add a part of realism for the newer seasons. I can't help you with what you want to know, butI hope someone else can!

---------------------
Quote: Joey

I think Bush will win. I also think that when he does, I will start looking at properies in other parts of this world. Kerry's campaign has been so inept. Despite the fact that people are now held in police custody without ever being charged, 2 million people have lost jobs, the rest of the world hates America, and the line between church and state has never been blurrier, this whole ****ing election is about semantics and John Kerry being a flip-flopper. Americans are ****ing morons, and the Democrats running campaign are among this group.
Date: June 17, 2004 03:04AM
Posted by: Richard J
If you can remove one team, how about possibility of adding teams so we can get to 24 teams in 70's and 80's?

Richard J
Date: June 17, 2004 04:11AM
Posted by: FrankT
Hmmn, not sure adding teams is possible for me to do.
The 11th team`s info is contained within the exe, so it should be possible to remove the team. There are probably references to numbers 11 or 22 in the exe somewhere as well or a counter, or simply the names of the drivers/team etc.

I need to remove the files for the 11th team to get an error, from this error i can trace back with a debugger to see what caused the error, I can then fix the error. I continue doing this until I`ve fixed all the errors from the 11th team being gone. I also have to take into consideration tools like Gp3edit and GpMaster which might not like there being only 10 teams, and these tools can probably help me too.

And then hopefully someone can fix the menu art accordingly.

I`m off to try and extract the resources from Gp3.exe. Hmmmn minard98.

Date: June 17, 2004 05:47AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
"It would add a part of realism for the newer seasons"

Also for many older seasons.

You'll find that in the 1950s and 1960s the race grids usually consisted of considerably less than 22 cars. There were even special cases later, such as Imola in 1982, when there were only 14 race starters, and the ChampCar series of the last several years, as well as many other "lesser" racing series have fewer than 22 starters.

If you do manage to eliminate one team, then it seems likely that you would also be able to eliminate two, three or more teams.

I wish you well in your efforts, as this would be a major improvement in the game, realism-wise.
Date: June 17, 2004 10:07AM
Posted by: chiltz
Once you've figured out how to remove 1 team, would it be possible to include an option in the utility so you could remove more teams.

i can't race with a full grid of 22 cars as my fps drops through the floor (due to my pc spec) & it would be really handy to be able to choose just 5-6 cars like in grand prix legends so i could actually race rather than just have to use practise mode.
Date: June 19, 2004 12:20PM
Posted by: Senna_Fan#1
I also think this would be really good!!
Date: June 19, 2004 09:53PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Brilliant!! About bloody time, as i'm sick oph being held up on qualiphying laps by the two extra cars that i've had to make slow so they don't score any points.
Date: June 20, 2004 10:51PM
Posted by: littlejoe
Hi FrankT,

this is indeed a very great project I think.

Do you know about Rene Smit (creater of gpxpatch), P. K. Arnall aka belini?
Both are activ gp3/gp4-programmer, in the moment the most competent (right?)
experts to give you information.

Good luck.

Greetings

littlejoe
Date: June 21, 2004 12:28AM
Posted by: NYK
I wish you good luck, but I don't know why bother!
I use that 11th spot for my own team so I have all the drivers plus Villeneuve and me!

Date: June 22, 2004 12:12AM
Forget all the negativity from NYK and co! i want that patch! Now! Where is it?
Date: June 22, 2004 12:16AM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
maybe you could talk with madman from gp4 tweaker , he is doing the same project for gp4 ( working successfully until now )

go to www.gp4tweaker.co.nr if you want
Date: June 22, 2004 08:32PM
Calm down Lopper-I don't think he's finished it yet! Good website BTW, Congrats on your win.
Date: June 24, 2004 03:33AM
Posted by: Echo1
I like the sound of your project. If you can manage it, I'll definately d/load it. Good luck with it. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2004 05:53PM by Echo1.
Date: June 24, 2004 05:50AM
Posted by: Billy R. Hinshaw
Do it! Do it! Do it!
I'm all for it. It's really annoying because of my 2003 and 2004 carsets.

----------------------------------------------
Billy's F1 Whatever Message Board
[messageboard597908.aimoo.com]
Date: June 25, 2004 12:01AM
Thanks harji, i was fairly chuffed, must admit :)
Date: June 25, 2004 09:20PM
I have never finished a race at spain in a year of trying. Keep spinning off and getting stuck, and the one time I was going to finish (in second) my engine blew as I started the last lap!!
Date: June 25, 2004 09:40PM
Posted by: Senna_Fan#1
oooh this is getting exciting!! ;)
Date: June 27, 2004 01:46AM
Posted by: helio
in the demo version of gp3 only 4 cars run.
maybe the demo can help you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy