taking screenshots

Posted by harjinator 
taking screenshots
Date: June 14, 2004 08:24PM
Posted by: harjinator
Hi, I'm new here (though I've been playing GP3 for about a year) and I was wondering how to take screeenshots of my amazing (well OK, not so amazing) driving. I've tried using Print Screen, but it didn't work. Is there any utilities anywhere?
Re: taking screenshots
Date: June 14, 2004 08:50PM
Posted by: Vader
Yes. Use GpxPatch (you should do it anyway) and press F11. It will store the screenshots in the GpxPatch folder in bmp format. In order to upload them to the internet you should convert themn to jpg or any other format that helps to keep the file size small.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2004 08:52PM by Vader.
Date: June 14, 2004 10:06PM
THanks, will try that. Does anybody know if GPxSAT has a software mode?
Date: June 15, 2004 08:53PM
Posted by: ardenasia_kyle
No, the screenshot button wont work if you are running in software mode.
Date: June 15, 2004 09:13PM
Does ANYTHING work in software mode? Half the tracks around are for Hardware mode, which my newly upgraded PC still won't run!
Date: June 15, 2004 10:13PM
Posted by: ralphi
lol i have the same porblem.. google for a program that takes screenshots.. :)

Date: June 16, 2004 12:08AM
Hypersnap and Paint Sho Pro can be used for screenshots as well.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 16, 2004 12:38PM
paint shop rpo doesn't take screenshot's :|

Date: June 16, 2004 08:27PM
I've tried similar programs to hypersnap, but they did nothing. I've actually just lost my updated GP3 (PC died AGAIN!) so I'm going to have to do it from scratch. It's a slow job with a 56k!

I'll see if Hypersnap works and put the result on here.
Date: June 16, 2004 08:53PM
Hypersnap doesn't work either. Can GP3 be run in a window?
Date: June 16, 2004 11:27PM
Paint Shop Pro DOES take screenshots.

In PSP 7 & 8 go to "File -> Import -> Screen Capture". There you'll find the two options "Setup" and "Start". Some earlier versions had a seperate menu for screenshots.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 17, 2004 12:28PM
ohh.. well you learn something every day :)

Date: June 17, 2004 08:30PM
Anybody got any tips as to which graphics card works best? I'm planning to get a new one on a tight budget (under £100) so I'm looking at possibly a Radeon 9200. Would this run GP3 in Hardware mode and thus solve my problems?
Date: June 17, 2004 08:46PM
Although Gp3 relies more on the processor as on the graphic card, I'd say a Radeon 9200 is enough for hardware mode. You might get even better cards for
£100, though, if you keep your eyes open. Just out of interest, what CPU and how much RAM do you have?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 17, 2004 09:18PM
2.4 GHz Celeron processor, and 256 DDR RAM. Currently using a Hercules Prophet 4000XT, which has to be the worst thing I bough for the PC (except for a sound card that doesn't work)

May get a Radeon 9600 or a GeForce FX5700/5200 (undecided as yet whether to be a cheapskate, or get a good card and eventually GP4)
Date: June 17, 2004 09:23PM
Oh yeah, I forgot, the PO in software mode varies from 25% to 46% so I don't understand why Hardware mode is such a problem
Date: June 18, 2004 10:05AM
Posted by: chiltz
is your graphics card a PCI or AGP

mines a PCI Geforce4 MX440 & GP3 runs like a bag of c**p (possibly cos its PCI??)
8fps in races but 25 fps in practice
Date: June 18, 2004 08:12PM
AGP card. runs at AGP4x, if you want to know. Getting new card tomorrow hopefully.
Date: June 19, 2004 03:14PM
Now the proud owner of a Sapphire Radeon 9200SE for 39.95! Plays GP3 in Harware mode with a casual arrogance (PO about 70%) THanks to all who helped. I'll probably be putting my own little GP3 site on the net soon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy