Can´t play GP3 with my ATI Radeon8500 card

Posted by Gaucho 
Can´t play GP3 with my ATI Radeon8500 card
Date: June 11, 2004 10:30PM
Posted by: Gaucho
Hi there,

just bought a VGA ATI RAdeon 8500 (chipset R200) but cant play GP3 with it, only via sftware rendering.

Someone can help?

Txs!

Here is the best: NELSON PIQUET
Re: Can´t play GP3 with my ATI Radeon8500 card
Date: June 11, 2004 11:17PM
Posted by: ralphi
same problem here... it's probably becouse you use new drivers.. try finding old ones..

Date: June 12, 2004 08:22AM
Posted by: headache
Same here too, software mode only with a radeon 9600 xt 256mb card !

What do you have to do ?

Someone suggested it might be DirectX 9 as GP3 ran ok with dx8 but stuffed up when he installed dx9 to play raven shield etc ?
Date: June 12, 2004 12:22PM
Posted by: ralphi
i hvae a 9600XY but those don't work with a dx8 they are dx9 cards..

Date: June 12, 2004 03:20PM
Posted by: edenhead
yeh, i installed dx9 when other games started to need it (ravenshield and halo) and that was when i started having troubles getting gp3 and gp4 running.

Seem to work at random intervals sometimes perfect other times it just wont run at all, depends on how the computer feels at the time obviously :p
Date: June 12, 2004 05:31PM
Posted by: harjinator
Does a Radeon 9200 work with Hardware mode? I have a Hercules Prophet 4000XT at the moment and it refuses to run hardware mode without teh PO going through the roof, even with a 2.4GHz processor.
What do you mean "can't play"?

ANyway, I found out why - look at my topic Here to see.

Basically, GP3 hates anti aliasing and anisotropic filtering, so turn those off and it should run fine. Basically, create a profile for GP3 with both of those things off.
Date: June 13, 2004 04:29PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Just to clear it up, a dx9 card will work if you have any other version of dx installed, it doesnt have to be 9. GP3 has got some isssues with dx9, but its usually alright, daniel's suggestion seems quite possible - maybe with all that AA and AF gp3 thinks that the card is weak (cos gp3 doesnt work fast with aa or af) so suggests software.

Switch off AA and AF - it doesnt make much difference in GP3 anyway :)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy