Something thats puzzled me on car designs

Posted by Fincent 
Something thats puzzled me on car designs
Date: May 29, 2004 09:58PM
Posted by: Fincent
I was looking through the 2003 F1 yearbook I have looking to get some ideas for my own car designs and I noticed that every car cas both an N and E inside a red circle in the same places. What are these for? lol

I've had a think about it but just dont know what they are *confused*
-Fincent

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Re: Something thats puzzled me on car designs
Date: May 30, 2004 12:10AM
Posted by: Vader
From F1 Atlas

The Atlas F1 FAQ research team have come up trumps again, quizmaster Marcel Schot had discovered the 'N' indicates the presence of a button which when pressed puts the car's transmission in Neutral. This is to assist the flag marshals in recovering cars which have expired somewhere out on the circuit and have to be pushed off or away from the track - or to a point where a crane can grab them.

Similarly, the 'E' is the emergency cut off button for all electrical power in the car, so the presence of that electricity doesn't do anything potentially harmful to anyone involved in a vehicle recovery situation, or more importantly so the car doesn't electrocute anyone who might be trying to rescue the driver from the wreck, or by sparking start a fuel fire.

Full article at
[www.atlasf1.com]

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2004 12:13AM by Vader.
Date: May 30, 2004 12:13AM
Posted by: Kaps
It's definitelly an E, and I believe it has something to do with electrics.
Date: May 30, 2004 12:18AM
Posted by: Vader
Yes, I edited my post in the meanwhile. :p

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 30, 2004 01:18AM
Posted by: Fincent
Hehe, thanks very much. I know now that its safe (and probably wise) to add neutral and emergency cut off to the car, lol.

Thanks! :)
-Fincent

PS. Is the pic hakkinen 99?

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy