Is it actually possible to edit pitstops?

Posted by Fincent 
Is it actually possible to edit pitstops?
Date: May 27, 2004 06:07PM
Posted by: Fincent
Hey there

After scouting round for a pitstop editor (and finding many dead links) I was wondering if it is actually possible to edit pitstops? For the championship I am doing, the race distance is only about 30-40% of what it normally is and pitstops dont happen :(. Does anyone know of an editor that can help me solve this problem?

Many thanks
-Fincent

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Re: Is it actually possible to edit pitstops?
Date: May 27, 2004 06:53PM
Posted by: X_Acto
You can use the "GP3 Pit & Lap Editor"

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: May 27, 2004 08:28PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
Pitstop data is contained in a track's magic data and can be edited with any text editor.
Date: May 27, 2004 09:34PM
"You can use the "GP3 Pit & Lap Editor""

I've looked all over for this and I cant seem to find it anywhere (I have found links to it but they take me to a page that doesnt exist anymore :( ).

"Pitstop data is contained in a track's magic data and can be edited with any text editor."

Is this magicdata actually within the (for example) f1ct01.dat file in the circuits directory or do i need to download a patch or something to get the magicdata first?

Thanks for the help!
-Fincent

Circuit Thermalito

Date: May 27, 2004 10:56PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
"Magic data" is originally in the gp3.exe.

"Cmagic" allows you to extract this data in the form of a text file (which you can edit with a text editor) and then enter it into a track dat file.

Using the "GPxTrack" extension of "GPxPatch" makes the game read this data from the track dat files rather than from the gp3.exe file.

You will need to download and install GPxPatch and either Cmagic or Cmagic-2000 (depending on which game you are playing, GP3 or GP3-2000) in order to be able to do this.
Date: May 27, 2004 11:42PM
I always use GPxPatch (possibly the best thing i ever downloaded for GP3) and have just recently downloaded "GP3 CMagic 1.5". However, when i tried to work the program it says "the file doesnt appear to be the right one" but this cant be true because it even says in GP3Edit that i'm using the decrypted 1.13 version.

I am confused, lol.
-Fincent

Circuit Thermalito

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy