"Failed to export to GP3ART5.BIN file"

Posted by Fincent 
"Failed to export to GP3ART5.BIN file"
Date: May 26, 2004 09:31PM
Posted by: Fincent
Hi there

As you can see in the title, I'm getting an error message from GP3Edit v1.13 but I was wondering if you could help me out with it. What strikes me as peculiar is that it was working perfectly earlier in the day *confused* . The problem is that I cant export any artwork files to the game...not even a file that I've just imported fresh out of the game (the export button just gets greyed out).

Does anyone have any ideas?
-Fincent

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Re: "Failed to export to GP3ART5.BIN file"
Date: May 27, 2004 10:39PM
Posted by: bazamatraz
I've not had this problem with GP3edit, but something similar has occurred to me when using GP3 master to export stuff, when it runs out of temporary disk space either on the hard drive where the editor is installed, or on the disk where GP3 was installed. Afterwards the GP3art5.bin file (located in the Bitmaps sub-folder under the GP3 hard disk installation folder) was permanently corrupted, and the only way to fix it and get the game to work properly again was to copy the original GP3art5.bin from the GP3 installation disk to overwrite the corrupt one, and start exporting again from scratch (after freeing up some space on the offending disk).

Don't know if this is any help to you ...
Date: May 27, 2004 11:01PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
I also have, in the distant past, had a very occasional problem, precisely as described by bazmataz, with GP3Master, but never with GP3Edit.
Date: May 27, 2004 11:30PM
Thanks guys...i've just noticed something else too. When I'm actually editing the art bitmap in PSP, i use templates alot as it saves time (i use a transparency template i just copy over a sized down screenshot for the carpics on the art bitmap). What i noticed was that i resized an image down to 75 pixels wide but when i copied it over the the art file it appeared as 76 pixels wide.

Might this have something to do with it?
-Fincent

Circuit Thermalito

Date: May 28, 2004 12:11AM
Posted by: Kaps
This will probably sound stupid, but what are templates,exactly and how do you work with them?
Date: May 28, 2004 01:33AM
A template is like a default image that you use over and over again to save time. For example, if you wanted to colour the area around a car pink (to make it transparent) you would just simply place an image with the area already done over the top...instead of taking 20 minutes selecting that area each time.

I dunno if thats a helpful description but it's snoozetime for fincent soon and the best i can think of at this moment in time :).
-Fincent

Circuit Thermalito

Date: May 28, 2004 01:38AM
Posted by: Kaps
Good enough, thanx!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy