Few More GP3 questions

Posted by Hova 
Re: Few More GP3 questions
Date: May 28, 2004 05:13PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Really? Wow, that is new to me. Time to go and cause a few pileups I think. I can never fail to punt a few cars off at Mugello so that must be my best bet to check this out. :)
Date: May 28, 2004 05:22PM
Posted by: X_Acto
You can also try the fictional Lake Kimbolton track.

The first corner is always a good point for mega pileups!!! :)

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: May 28, 2004 07:02PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
lol jacki i remember posting a picture of that ages ago in the old phorum when no one believed me, its great!

nah u wanna try Most for first corner pile ups - bearing in mind the first corner is a flat out chicane it makes for some good action ;)
Date: May 28, 2004 08:56PM
Posted by: Red Sam
ANd where would I find Lake Kimbolton and Most to download??

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: May 28, 2004 11:24PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
I personally strongly recommend not bothering to brake and running up someone's backside at one of the Monza or old Hockenheim chicanes, preferably the first ones, at the start of the second lap, in order to maximize flight time and altitude.
Date: May 29, 2004 01:02AM
Posted by: Vader
Red Sam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ANd where would I find Lake Kimbolton and Most to
> download??
>

Have a look at the download section of this site. Lake Kimbolton is under GP3 -> fictional tracks and Autodrom Most is in GP3 -> CART & other tracks.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2004 04:27PM by Vader.
Date: May 29, 2004 05:59PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Hehe, i remember once in a quick race, i revved the car before the lights went out, and boom! Must have been my quickest non finish ever :-)

I remember there was a bug in the game, where sometimes you would start from the back, despite having set a time. I remember i got pole once in Canada, and suffered this. Thinking that this was a penalty for getting a black flag after skipping a chicane during one of my laps, i accepted my "punishment"!!

Of course, then i got the 1.13 patch :)
Slow at Spa
Date: May 29, 2004 06:00PM
Posted by: Hova
I'm espically slow at Spa, the BAR and McLaren teams are way faster than I am, even on rookie. I tried Major Tom's setups, its really fast in the first and last sectors, but in the middle sector (where it counts) its slow. Any other good setups for spa out there?

---------------------
Quote: Joey

I think Bush will win. I also think that when he does, I will start looking at properies in other parts of this world. Kerry's campaign has been so inept. Despite the fact that people are now held in police custody without ever being charged, 2 million people have lost jobs, the rest of the world hates America, and the line between church and state has never been blurrier, this whole ****ing election is about semantics and John Kerry being a flip-flopper. Americans are ****ing morons, and the Democrats running campaign are among this group.
Re: Slow at Spa
Date: May 29, 2004 09:56PM
Posted by: Fincent
Uhm, I always use the default setups as I'm not much good as a driver (just an editor with a keyboard and mouse). I hate the last sector in spa though, especially the 2nd part of the bustop chicane. I always feel as if i'm getting dragged towards the barrier there by the cc line (which is what the car follows if ya have steering help). I can turn it off either cos I have a kerboard :(. lol

-Fincent

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: May 30, 2004 12:23AM
Posted by: Vader
The Lopper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hehe, i remember once in a quick race, i revved
> the car before the lights went out, and boom! Must
> have been my quickest non finish ever
>
> I remember there was a bug in the game, where
> sometimes you would start from the back, despite
> having set a time. I remember i got pole once in
> Canada, and suffered this. Thinking that this was
> a penalty for getting a black flag after skipping
> a chicane during one of my laps, i accepted my
> "punishment"!!
>

As far as I know this only happens when you do 13 laps instead of 12 (ie.e or don't return to the pits at the end of lap 12th).

I am hopelessly slow at Sepang, Nürburgring & Hungaroring.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 30, 2004 05:41AM
Damn Mclarens. I punted them off. I loved seeing Mika flying in circles :P

St.Hubbins, thank you for your kind email, I will email back. He gave me some really useful tips, very informative.

I'm falling in love with Vader, ehm, I mean the GPG community.

---------------------

I think Bush will win. I also think that when he does, I will start looking at properies in other parts of this world. Kerry's campaign has been so inept. Despite the fact that people are now held in police custody without ever being charged, 2 million people have lost jobs, the rest of the world hates America, and the line between church and state has never been blurrier, this whole ****ing election is about semantics and John Kerry being a flip-flopper. Americans are ****ing morons, and the Democrats running campaign are among this group.
Date: May 31, 2004 02:16AM
One more question:

Can anyone tell me where to get some kerb updates? I want kerbs that look like the one on the original Monza that came with GP3 and GP3 - 2000 (image below).

Any other tracks with these kerbs? They look sexy :P

---------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2004 02:17AM by Hova.
Date: May 31, 2004 12:30PM
Posted by: X_Acto
Is it me or those two last posts are a little GAY? ;)

-----------------------------------------------------

Rail Cam
Date: June 01, 2004 03:58AM
Gay is not I :P

For some reason, I activated a rail cam in GP3 2000. I don't know what I pushed, but when I was watching a replay, then a race of the rookie cars (they crash a lot :P), I pressed a few buttons on my keyboard, and rail cam was activated. Then it went away :/. I took a few screenshots of what I mean. Will post them later.

---------------------

Date: June 01, 2004 06:00AM
I think I know what you're talking about.

Often in replays the chase camera positions itself pointing in a certain direction compass-wise, instead of staying directly behind the car, so that the camera then appears to rotate around the car as the car changes directions. This happened in GP2, also. It'll stay that way until you change cameras. I don't know that there's any way that you can set a camera this way permanently.
Date: June 01, 2004 10:01AM
check out the newest imola 2004 track, has got even nicer kurbs...mmmm.

As for fast and slow tracks, well im pretty slow at canada for some reason...

Hungaroring on the otherhand i really love and its got some sort of flow to it. ;)
Date: June 01, 2004 03:31PM
"im pretty slow at canada for some reason... "

The reason for this is the same as why everyone else is so slow at the Montreal circuit.

It's in the magic data.

Look at:
10000 ; cc power factor (ace)
10120 ; cc grip factor (ace)

You'll notice that the "cc grip factor" is very high for this circuit, in comparison with other circuits. This means that the AI have much more grip, in comparison with you, on this circuit.

Changing the magic data values to what I have them, in the example above, will make you much more competive with the AI.

This will make the AI laptimes considerably slower, though, so to keep their laptimes similar to what they were before, you should also increase the "track grip" in the magic data, which will apply equally to both you and the AI.

Date: June 01, 2004 06:05PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I'm okay at Canada - because me and a mate had a hotlap comp back in '99 for about 3 months around canada, you dont realise (unless you've done about 1000 laps of it) just how much speed you can carry thru corners, its awesome.

I'm also rubbish at any track which was not in GP2 and GP3 - I stick to what I know, so I'm terrible at Nurburgring, Sepang (bloody AWFUL) and slower circuits generally. Love France - the speed you can get thru the chicanes (second half of lap) is just great, its where I make all overtakes :D

I just love gp3 so much - its legendary.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: June 02, 2004 09:58PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
There are some tracks I can really hook up and take on some of the best out there and others where I am absolutely clueless. Barcelona is perhaps my best track, along with Laguna Seca, Sepang and Interlagos, while I am pathetic at Zandvoort, Nurburgring, Monaco and also most of the very low downforce tracks too (Hockenheim, Spa and Monza basically).

Not that this has anything to do with the original topic, but never mind.
Date: June 02, 2004 10:16PM
no but i goota agree with you chris (qwerty) gp3 is still legendary.

Also soon with even faster broadbands online gaming can start ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy