Few More GP3 questions

Posted by Hova 
Few More GP3 questions
Date: May 25, 2004 05:07AM
Posted by: Hova
In GP3 1.13, do the tyre types make a difference? IE, goodyear having an advantage on bridgestone on wets. Also, did anyone notice that in the GP3 manual, for the Imole track description, they have the 1994 layout instead of the 1998 one?

---------------------
Quote: Joey

I think Bush will win. I also think that when he does, I will start looking at properies in other parts of this world. Kerry's campaign has been so inept. Despite the fact that people are now held in police custody without ever being charged, 2 million people have lost jobs, the rest of the world hates America, and the line between church and state has never been blurrier, this whole ****ing election is about semantics and John Kerry being a flip-flopper. Americans are ****ing morons, and the Democrats running campaign are among this group.
Re: Few More GP3 questions
Date: May 25, 2004 05:34AM
Posted by: Guimengo
No, for both :D
Date: May 25, 2004 07:01AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
... and the manual recommends using a low downforce car setup at Interlagos.

One shouldn't always believe what one reads.
Date: May 25, 2004 07:11AM
Manual? What's that ;)

I never read anything about tyres on GP3, but from playing it, I don't think there is any. If there was, GP4 would have too.
Date: May 25, 2004 11:28AM
Posted by: thestarfishpond
anyone noticed how the car in the last slot of the game (Tuero on the original carset, but this applies to all carsets) almost always performs absolutely crap in very wet conditions (like 10-15 secs. off the pace)?
Date: May 26, 2004 05:28AM
LOL, yea, I noticed that.

How can you prevent a throttle problem? I just had one at Montreal, really screwed up my season in GP3-2000 :(

---------------------

I think Bush will win. I also think that when he does, I will start looking at properies in other parts of this world. Kerry's campaign has been so inept. Despite the fact that people are now held in police custody without ever being charged, 2 million people have lost jobs, the rest of the world hates America, and the line between church and state has never been blurrier, this whole ****ing election is about semantics and John Kerry being a flip-flopper. Americans are ****ing morons, and the Democrats running campaign are among this group.
Date: May 26, 2004 05:56AM
Hey, realism ;)
I remember I always got mad if something like that happened, I would quit the race, and start a new one :P
Same in GP2!! But is much more fun to just let it happen, and go on
Date: May 26, 2004 07:36AM
I know, I let it happen. I just want to know what causes it, so it won't happen again :P

---------------------

Date: May 26, 2004 10:25AM
hahaha :P
Well, let's see. Do you drive as Rubinho, first of all? ;)
Date: May 26, 2004 02:36PM
I kicked him out of F1.

---------------------

Date: May 26, 2004 03:48PM
Posted by: bigears
How can you prevent a throttle problem? I just had one at Montreal, really screwed up my season in GP3-2000

Keep going but use a lot of braking to keep the speeds down around the corners til you go to the pits.

Or the very last resort which I will never use, download the Failure Editor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: May 27, 2004 06:56PM
Thanks for the tip on how to get back. Unfortunately, I ended up crashing :P. I won't use the Failure Editor as well.

Another question: I noticed that pit stops in 2004 are 7 - 8 seconds, not 9 - 10 in GP3 2000. Can I speed that up?

---------------------

Date: May 27, 2004 08:32PM
In the game's Options menu, in the Race Options, in the car realism menu, you can choose what types of failures you would like your car to be able to have.
Date: May 27, 2004 10:01PM
Posted by: Fincent
You know what would be good? Failures that are affected by your performance. Say for example if you keep revving the engine too high then your engine should blow up or if you kept going over the kerbs too much then your suspension should snap or something...it'd be cool :p.

-Fincent

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: May 27, 2004 10:47PM
I think it does happen :)
Maybe the engine blows up, not sure about the rest.
Date: May 27, 2004 10:58PM
Overrevving your engine in GP3 definitely will cause mechanical problems with your engine.

See how cool GP3 is.
Date: May 27, 2004 11:32PM
Posted by: Fincent
Ah, lol, i never noticed that before. Hehe, next time i'm testing out a car I'm going to drive round hockenheim in 1st gear :p.

"Hehe" (he says as the car explodes and the local population finally discover that F1 drivers CAN fly) lol.

-Fincent

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: May 28, 2004 12:20AM
Another completely unrelated but also extremely cool GP3 detail that I have never seen in any other racing game:

AI drivers turn their heads to look at crashes involving other cars.

Really.
Watch some replays closely and see.
Date: May 28, 2004 01:21AM
I seen that. I love those touches.

I overrevved my engine at Hungary before the start and during hte first 2 laps, then lost my transmission :(

---------------------

Date: May 28, 2004 04:30AM
;)
It's a good game then :P Good thing I have it, haha
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy