Viewing Textures With CarEditor

Posted by Fincent 
Viewing Textures With CarEditor
Date: May 22, 2004 05:17PM
Posted by: Fincent
Hi there

I was just wondering if it was possible to view the car's textures along with the carshape loaded up using the "GP3 CarEditor". I'm trying to get pics for the menu art but its kinda awkward to get a perfect side on view for each car as ya can imagine, lol.

Any help would be much appreciated! :D
-Fincent

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2004 07:56PM by Fincent.
Re: Viewing Textures With CarEditor
Date: May 22, 2004 06:06PM
Posted by: Fred
It is possible, you just need a texture.cfg file which I don't seem to have anymore....

Date: May 22, 2004 06:57PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
"its kinda awkward to get a perfect side on view for each car"

It shouldn't be if you use one of the onboard cameras.
Just use the car editor to set an onboard camera level with the car and 90 degrees to the side of it. You can also set another camera directly overhead of the car to take screenshots for the pit menu graphics of the cars.
Date: May 22, 2004 07:31PM
Thanks for both ideas! As i said, much appreciated :D. I run my own championship for fellow students, no players selected (viewing only) and I'm using GP2 at the moment to simulate the races. I used the original GrandPrix for the first season and I'm planning on using GP3 for the next. If ya wanna have a look, the address is:
[www.fairfieldf1.co.uk]

"It is possible, you just need a texture.cfg file which I don't seem to have anymore"
If know of a place where i can find such a file then please let me know or if you happen to stumble across it. :)

"It shouldn't be if you use one of the onboard cameras."
Thanks for the idea. It works (yay) but sometimes parts of the car appear to have vanished. Is this supposed to happen?
*EDITED* As you can see in the example below:

Many Thanks
-Fincent

Circuit Thermalito

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2004 09:30PM by Fincent.
Date: May 23, 2004 04:27AM
It's the wheels that aren't showing because you have chosen not to have them all show in that view.

Enter 257 in the appropriately lableled space in the car camera editing window to have both wheels show. Do this for both the front and rear wheels.

You can also choose to have the driver's head either show or not. This is affected by the Detail1 and/or Detail2 settings.
Date: May 23, 2004 08:51PM
I just changed the "rear wheel polygon/sprite" and "front wheel polygon/sprite" values to 257 but it doesnt seem to have made a difference. I know that my changes were implemented because I changed the location of another camera (so that it is located in the sidepod). I also noticed that all 4 wheels are showing but its just that the other side of the car bleeds through. The same on the front and rear wings...you can see the furthest side away but through the nearest side, lol..i'm confused.

Any ideas?
-Fincent

Circuit Thermalito

Date: May 24, 2004 05:08AM
Try messing with the "Detail1" and "Detail2" values.
I really don't know what the heck these mean, but changing them did make the drivers' heads/helmets appear in one view for me when they didn't before.

For what it's worth, here are various figures that I have for these values in various onboard cameras that work fine:

Detail1 -32768, 32736, 0, 3840
Detail2 1280, 32767, 32736, 72, -1
Date: May 25, 2004 12:16AM
Many thanks, I'll have a mess around with them sometime and see what they do. I've elevated the camera a lil bit so that it looks down on the car with a 45' angle. It all seems okay now except for a lil bleed through with suspension, tyres and the rear wing. I will certainly change those details settings and see what happens...I never wanted to before incase i messed up my game (lol) but now i know its safe. :p

-Fincent

Circuit Thermalito

Date: May 25, 2004 03:50AM
Save your previous camera settings and you can always load them back again.
Date: May 25, 2004 05:06AM
Posted by: Briere
or save a practice session with the current settings, and reload it after so you can restore them ;)
Date: May 06, 2005 05:07AM
Posted by: calimbo
can anyone explain me with more detail how to do this, please?

Date: May 06, 2005 07:19PM
Posted by: SuperSonic
You need CarEditor 3.7 and the texture.cfg file (I sent it to you, didn' I?)

Put the cfg file in every folder you have a carshape. Then open CarEditor, load a car from the File>Open menu and then activate the texture by clicking on the correspondent button. It will load the software texture onto the carshape. It's a little buggy, but it works and gives a good idea of how the car is going to look like in game. You can choose different textures in one of the menus.
Date: May 07, 2005 12:24AM
Can you send me that file aswell please SupoerSonic please? :) daniel.finney@virgin.net

Many thanks
-Fincent

Circuit Thermalito

Date: May 07, 2005 02:42AM
Date: May 07, 2005 06:02AM
Posted by: calimbo
Super, you only sent me the careditor...but not the textures.cfg file.

Date: May 07, 2005 06:00PM
Check your inbox.

Date: May 12, 2005 03:00AM
Posted by: vbc
I am curious about this, could you please post an screenshot of Careditor showing the carshape with textures please?

Thanks GP3Hotlaps
Date: May 12, 2005 10:07AM
Okay will do :) I'll edit this post in about 10-15 mins once i get a good screenie.

-Fincent

EDIT: Here ya go

EDIT2: And heres one of mine aswell that i've put some wheels on and filled in the missing texture bits that show up as red

EDIT 3 (lol, last edit hopefully): I've just noticed that the cfg file only lets you use software jams for previews...just found this out when i tried to load a purple and silver car and it came out as blue and grey, lol.

Circuit Thermalito

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2005 10:39AM by Fincent.
Date: May 13, 2005 06:47AM
Posted by: vbc
Wow really nice :)
Could someone please send me the .cfg file?, it seems that I do not have it neither, my e-mail adress is vbc86pe@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance

Thanks GP3Hotlaps
Date: May 13, 2005 12:13PM
Posted by: András Vincze
Can someone send it to me too?
vincze.a@citromail.hu

Best's
András Vincze

[vgpxhd.uw.hu]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy