magicdata in gp3 2000 tracks

Posted by ralph 
magicdata in gp3 2000 tracks
Date: March 12, 2002 01:54PM
Posted by: ralph
Did GC and his team have the foresight to put magicdata in the gp3 2000 season tracks so that we could use GPxpatch to put them into the order they were actually raced by the time the add-on was released, or do we need to do some extra tampering?
Re: magicdata in gp3 2000 tracks
Date: March 14, 2002 03:43AM
Posted by: mortal
As far as I know they didn't, and you don't really need the magicdata to change track order with gpx_patch, just edit the track set file. I can't remember who discovered the magicdata but I doubt it was the gc team. It sure changed things when we got it. Most of the updated tracks either have it already installed or the data file is included so you can either install it or not. I found the magicdata handy for fiddling with the grip and cc cars although sometimes the lap times can become unrealistic and it defeats the purpose. Good fun though ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: magicdata in gp3 2000 tracks
Date: March 14, 2002 07:40AM
Posted by: ralph
Yes, the updated tracks are fine it's the 'out of the box' tracks that are the problem. Often you don't notice but with hockenheim being so long the cars run out of fuel on the back straight (as i found after a gruelling 30 laps in gp3). I'll stick to the updates rather than put myself through the mangle again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy