Date: April 22, 2004 07:11PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
Hi
Uploaded the short version of the south african track

bye
Re: Welkom short uploaded
Date: April 22, 2004 07:22PM
Posted by: Hova
This is a great track. Thank you for uploading it.

---------------------
Quote: Joey

I think Bush will win. I also think that when he does, I will start looking at properies in other parts of this world. Kerry's campaign has been so inept. Despite the fact that people are now held in police custody without ever being charged, 2 million people have lost jobs, the rest of the world hates America, and the line between church and state has never been blurrier, this whole ****ing election is about semantics and John Kerry being a flip-flopper. Americans are ****ing morons, and the Democrats running campaign are among this group.
Date: April 23, 2004 02:30AM
Posted by: abcdefg
great! one more track to use as a base
Date: April 23, 2004 02:56AM
Posted by: Made in Brazil
great abcdefg!!
good luck in your work but take care, trees in the environment from the track = crash.
It is going to invent the what?

Welkom_Fictional, Welkom_more two chicanes or Welkom_oval in the horizon?
Date: April 23, 2004 10:02AM
Posted by: X_Acto
Lol, abcdefg & Made in Brazil... :)

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: April 23, 2004 07:08PM

.....great! one more track to use as a base

Oh yes I was just looking for a workman to speed my works!
Of course I can't pay you so much. I hope you accept my contract ;)
Date: April 24, 2004 12:39AM
I modify any author's any track without asking for permission.
of course, I will finish all other variants of your tracks sooner or later. if you end your hostility I'll happily give you credit you should get. if you like, I'll finish those variants ahead of other tracks
*edit* however author name will be changed to "Microprose" as you can see in most of my tracks

aedewey is a different matter because he just tries to prevent others to create tracks while he doesn't have any plans to continue track editing. I believe you're much better/smarter than him

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2004 12:42AM by abcdefg.
Date: April 24, 2004 06:03PM
Posted by: aedewey
abcdefg said: "I modify any author's any track without asking for permission.
of course, I will finish all other variants of your tracks sooner or later. if you end your hostility I'll happily give you credit you should get. if you like, I'll finish those variants ahead of other tracks
*edit* however author name will be changed to "Microprose" as you can see in most of my tracks
aedewey is a different matter because he just tries to prevent others to create tracks while he doesn't have any plans to continue track editing. I believe you're much better/smarter than him"

lol, very good at least finally you are telling the true. OF course i will not be so stupid to release tracks spending lot of hours if you will take the credits, so i am happy to not released the other tracks.
And are you so morron that can´t make something for yourself and not ALWAYS use the work of others?
If you think that i want to prevent others to create tracks you are more stupid, the point is that you have not create something, just modify (in many cases i think you have destroyed) the work of other ones.
I will be the first to said you "good work" if you make something good for yourself, but it is clear that it will not happen.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2004 06:12PM by aedewey.
Date: April 24, 2004 06:25PM
I thought that most tracks released used a base already? IMO abcdefg issue is that he doesn't ask for permission to edit already edited tracks (although I think I understand what he says at times: I believe his stance is that trackmakers who used Micropose's tracks as a base didn't ask Microprose if they could do so). Maybe I'm not seeing things clearly.

---------------------

I think Bush will win. I also think that when he does, I will start looking at properies in other parts of this world. Kerry's campaign has been so inept. Despite the fact that people are now held in police custody without ever being charged, 2 million people have lost jobs, the rest of the world hates America, and the line between church and state has never been blurrier, this whole ****ing election is about semantics and John Kerry being a flip-flopper. Americans are ****ing morons, and the Democrats running campaign are among this group.
Date: April 24, 2004 06:38PM
yes Hova, all tracks released use a microporse track as base, it is not posible with the trackeditor to start a track from scratch.
But for shure you will understand that one thing is to completly change the layout, make a new cc-line, edit objects and make new jams, and other one is change some sectors of the track, not make a single new jam and claims it is your work...
The big effort in trackediting was maked 2 years ago when you can see "new tracks", now it is just the old work remaked, with very little exceptions like Roberto, Belini and other ones.
Anyway this has been talked lot of times before, it is on the comunity to accept this crap that abcdedf or whatever his name is making, and be "happy" whit that "new" tracks or suport the people that still is working on the game.
Personally i am happy with what i decided 1 year and half ago because i know this will happen sooner or later.
So it is your choice.... a twat that is abusing over the others works and claim himself the god of trackediting, or suport people that try to improve the game with a clean actitude...
Date: April 24, 2004 06:54PM
I support anyone who is helping to keep the commmunity alive, and improving the game itself. Scandura is a master at track making; he has been keeping my GP3 habit alive. I respect anyone who can make a track, because I cannot (as of yet). abcdefg is editing tracks, but I don't agree with the way he is doing so, without asking the person who first "created" the track. Alas, my opinion doesn't hold much weight because I do race on his tracks at times (like sepang fictional). He is doing something that not many are doing now, which is making and releasing tracks. Sure Mr. Scandura and belini are 'higher' than he is supposedly, but he is giving something to us. I may not like the methods, but I would rather like to see people make tracks and not quit on us as well.

---------------------

Date: April 24, 2004 07:18PM
Hova said "He is doing something that not many are doing now, which is making and releasing tracks."

In the 90% of the time there is not to much new, as i tell you he just "patch" other tracks, in some cases that "patches" just make worst the track (found a tree in the middle of the road it is not the best realistic f1 simulation".
i never has seen a real improve over the original work.

Hova said "Sure Mr. Scandura and belini are 'higher' than he is supposedly, but he is giving something to us. I may not like the methods, but I would rather like to see people make tracks and not quit on us as well."

It is not the point for me..., even if someone makes not the best track but you can see he is learning you will suport him, now if you come into scene claiming you are the best, or 1 days saying that it is 100% your work what you are releasing, and other day that you don´t care nothing and you will take all because you can make @#$%& over other ones we have a problem.
I dont like the idea that you have to give "something" to be right... Or you are saying the true or you are lying, at least i think it is clear for everyone in abcdefg case who is saying the true and who is lying, the rest for me it is secundary....
Date: April 24, 2004 07:23PM
I agree with you. That whole issue with not giving you credit is wrong IMO. I haven't givne anything to the community, so I don't feel like my opinions should hold as much weight as yours, or Mr. Scandura. I do like what you people have done for us, and I hope that this affair will be dealt with.

---------------------

Date: April 24, 2004 09:05PM
@ abcdefg
Hello
Of course I have not hostility with you because I know that you will do them anyway and of course I have no problem to see from you other configurations of my tracks as personally is not in my chords to prevent anything to other people, but this MUST HAPPEN FRIENDLY if possible.

I think that all this situation could be managed in a better way. You always said to follow your poject to reproduce all tracks possible but the arrogance shown in the last period and the challenge you tried to Augusto and later to me too, uploading our jams, in order to avoid link and credit to the original ones are important contradictions to your purpose and this damage only the credible of you own works.

Like you, I would like to see every configuration of the tracks and I believe at the end we can finish to cooperate too if needed, so I suppose now you have no problem to give a cut to our part of the problem as many people I guess start to be tired of my humor ;)
As I'm still active, If you want to complete some of your older/alternative versions of my track with some different jams or objects you only have to call me. I'm availble to give my contribute. Or just advise me so I will spend my time in other works. This is the best I can. Now it's your turn to solve the rest...

Cya
Date: April 25, 2004 12:12AM
Posted by: brazilian
Congratulations Roberto, you´re a gentleman. Please man, accept Roberto´s advice, for the good of community. Also we need Roberto concentrated in have new tracks for us, he already has a lot of "wip", so he can´t waste his precious time with discussions like this.

Greetings

Fábio
São Paulo - Brasil
Date: April 25, 2004 12:14AM
Posted by: X_Acto
Yeap... This is great news for everyone. :)
Date: April 25, 2004 01:06AM
Congratulations Roberto. I'll give you credit for all tracks that based your tracks.

*edit* of course we can coop

aedewey. peace isn't offered to you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2004 01:09PM by abcdefg.
Date: April 25, 2004 01:20AM
abcdefg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Congratulations Roberto. I'll give you credit for
> all tracks that based your tracks.
>
> aedewey. peace isn't offered to you

:-) i don´t need any kind of offer of peace from you. The best way you can act is remove that track and make it for yourself and maybe you can learn something. I don´t want to be friendly or pacefull with people that lie.
If Roberto or other ones takes the risk to make some kind of agreement with you it is their way to act.
Personally i like people that act with honesty, not the ones that offers you a hand and i know have a knife in the other one... popularity or be nice just for "the crowd" is not so important for me at this point and never was... cya :-)
Date: April 25, 2004 01:32AM
Posted by: andrew_S
abcdefg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Congratulations Roberto. I'll give you credit for
> all tracks that based your tracks.
>
> aedewey. peace isn't offered to you

out of curiocity how old are you?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy