Gp3 FPS problem

Posted by senninho 
Gp3 FPS problem
Date: April 19, 2004 09:15AM
Posted by: senninho
Hi, i've recently reinstalled GP3, so that i can make myself a 2004 carset to play with until a decent one comes out for F1c (Suddenly i remember why GP3 r0x0rs!). However, i cannot seem to get the FPS below a constant 130% - this is very odd, as i used to get about 70% in most places. The spec of my pc is:

Athlon XP 2000
512mb 333mhz DDR ram
Geforce4 MX440 running at AGP 2x (old, i know!)
DirectX 9.1
65GB free space on the drive it's installed on.

As you can see, the specs aren't too bad, so can anyone offer any advice. I've tried it with most graphics options off and it's made no difference.

Re: Gp3 FPS problem
Date: April 19, 2004 02:57PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Hmmmmm. I have an almost identical pc (xp2000, MX440, Win XP, 512 ram) and it runs full at between 50 and 70%. I only get slowdown when there's a lot of 2D textures in view.

Why are you running in AGP 2x mode? Surely with that pc you have agp 4x possible? That might be the problem, I guess?
Date: April 19, 2004 04:02PM
Posted by: senninho
I've checked, and it actually is running at 4x - my mistake!

As for the speed, i also had that performance, making me think there's either a patch i'm missing or an option i've not ticked.

just to make it clearer, i'm running it in 1024x768, as before, and in hardware mode - i have never got software modem working in XP :S

Date: April 19, 2004 04:21PM
Posted by: Big_F1_Fan
i used to have a similar problem, but it was in GP4.

seeing as GP4 is basically GP3 with better graphics i'll tell u what my problem was.

i recently installed a faulty XP patch which came with there automatic download thingy, n this made PO in GP4 go to 300% odd. also, when i looked at the task manager my CPU usage was 100%.

i had to reinstall windows to fix this problem, as uninstalling the patch made XP not start.

u will probably experience slowdown in all your games if this is the case, and check that ure CPU usage isnt constantly 100%. if it is, then you'll have to look for a fix on the web, or get that XP CD out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy