@Smoking Pen

Posted by Mr. Lee 
@Smoking Pen
Date: April 18, 2004 12:25AM
Posted by: Mr. Lee
A small question for Paul Edmonds. Are you going to release both ChampCar and IRL carsets this year as you did in the recent ones? I'm curious because you're just about the only person who can handle this kind of stuff. I'm only asking for a statement "yes" or "no", nothing else. I'm a patient man so I can wait for these as long as I have to (of course if you are going to make them ;) ).

Cheers,
Re: @Smoking Pen
Date: April 19, 2004 07:15PM
Posted by: TheSmokingPen
Yes, I'm planning to do both this year - and an F1 carset as well. It will be the usual full service - cars, performance files, tyres, team arts etc. I've got about halfway through the F1 carset and have performance files sorted for the first three Grands Prix and IRL races. It will take a while before anything is released, though, as I'm focused on completing my Homestead IRL track, which is all but done - just having a few problems finding a decent set-up to run with.

The Pen
Date: April 20, 2004 12:36AM
Posted by: SuperSonic
Great news, Pen.
It would be so great to have fully updated rain and intermediate tyres :)
Thanks for your high-quality works.

See ya
Date: April 20, 2004 01:13AM
Posted by: ardenasia_kyle
Hey Paul,

You are the only person at the moment that I know of that does team art.... by any chance would you be interested in creating a few of those 3d helmets with my teams drivers helmet liveries? Or is there a helmet modeler that i could take screenshots with? Thanks for your consideration.

Kyle
-Arden Manager
Date: April 20, 2004 03:22AM
Posted by: JPMrules
I love yor work but I'm just wondering if you could just make the GP3-2000 downloads the same way Ralf Hummerich did with his 2001 and 2002 carsets. I mean, it would be nice if it would be a self-installing program, a lot easier for us all.
Date: April 21, 2004 09:36PM
Posted by: The_unamed_Starfish
im just satisified to have the basic files, and i would rather the smoking pen worked on new stuff as opposed to installers, esp when his readmes are so much easier to follow
Date: April 21, 2004 11:27PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
I've always hated installers myself.
You don't know what they're going to install until they do it.
This way one can choose what to install or not, and it only consists of copying some files over, so it sometimes is even quicker than some installers.
Date: April 22, 2004 01:12AM
Posted by: bigears
I have my own preferences of where to put my files in so I just prefer to install the files myself so I know where the files are.

Anyway, as always I am looking to Paul's future work with the F1 and the IRL carsets. Also his forthcoming Homestead track.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: April 22, 2004 05:15AM
Posted by: Ethan
Paul:

Can you do the 2000 CART GP3 Carset or the Budweiser Dellapenna Motorsports Livery. I'm very interested on both

Thanks in advance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F1 World Grand Prix 3 League
P1 Motorsport B Pr04 AP - Lotus
#46 - Alex Reyes (VEN)

P1 Motorsport Team Official Website
Date: April 22, 2004 05:39AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
While not up to the standards of the Smoking Pen's carsets, there have long been several 2000 CART carsets available for GP3, of which, Paul B's is far and away the best. You likely will be able to find these cars at either [gp3.gamers.nl] or [www.grand-prix.4players.de] .
Date: April 22, 2004 04:14PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
sorry wrong post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2004 04:15PM by ChrisB.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy