GP3 - 2000 sending PO threw the roof

Posted by Hova 
GP3 - 2000 sending PO threw the roof
Date: April 15, 2004 08:34PM
Posted by: Hova
Any way I can lower the processor occupancy of GP3 2000? GP3 itself runs just fine, and it states in the manual that if GP3 was playable, GP3 2000 would be. GP3 2000's PO is 500% +

---------------------
Quote: Joey

I think Bush will win. I also think that when he does, I will start looking at properies in other parts of this world. Kerry's campaign has been so inept. Despite the fact that people are now held in police custody without ever being charged, 2 million people have lost jobs, the rest of the world hates America, and the line between church and state has never been blurrier, this whole ****ing election is about semantics and John Kerry being a flip-flopper. Americans are ****ing morons, and the Democrats running campaign are among this group.
I have the same problem Hova!

Re: GP3 - 2000 sending PO threw the roof
Date: April 16, 2004 02:28AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
Have you tried the lower detail tracks option?
That's why GP3-2000 has two versions of every track.
Date: April 16, 2004 04:03AM
I did, it went down to about 400%

---------------------

I think Bush will win. I also think that when he does, I will start looking at properies in other parts of this world. Kerry's campaign has been so inept. Despite the fact that people are now held in police custody without ever being charged, 2 million people have lost jobs, the rest of the world hates America, and the line between church and state has never been blurrier, this whole ****ing election is about semantics and John Kerry being a flip-flopper. Americans are ****ing morons, and the Democrats running campaign are among this group.
@JackiMatra: How do you lower the track detail?
Date: April 17, 2004 09:18PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
I haven't had the game installed for a while.
GP3-2k has two versions of each track dat file, a high detail and a low detail one. There should be an option somewhere in the game to use low detail tracks.
Date: April 21, 2004 08:04PM
Okay, I did what you said, got the PO to 400%. I then thought that it might not be a graphics problem at all.... I went to the sound options and changed the sound so it uses the orginal GP3 sound. You lose the pit talk and everything, but my PO dropped to 100% with high detail tracks, all objects and everything enabled. Try switching the sound to the original GP3 sound.

I do want the pit sounds back, any way I can get that without enabling the GP3-2000 sound options?

Edit - Scratch that, I downloaded the 2K Pit Sounds from here. I would like to know how did he get the files, I can't find any reconizable music files anywhere.

---------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2004 08:38PM by Hova.
Date: April 21, 2004 09:03PM
Posted by: belini
the problem will be sound related, when I was running gp4 I decreased the po by 20% by just updating the sblive drivers, your problem sounds bad as there
should only be around 15% to 20% difference between the 2 sound modes, if you
have an onboard sound card this maybe the cause of the ultra-hi po, updating
the drivers may help

Date: April 21, 2004 09:12PM
I have the latest drivers. So the problem was because of my onboard sound. Thanks belini. I can't do anything about it though, because I cannot get a sound card. I'll just use the old GP3 sounds for now. Its less annoying.

---------------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy