Steering probs. gp3 2000

Posted by ralph 
Steering probs. gp3 2000
Date: March 10, 2002 09:02AM
Posted by: ralph
I've just upgraded. When the cars are placed on the grid (in dry conditions only) my ms ff usb wheel turns full lock to either left or right. Once the lights go green it frees up but at slow speeds it takes some work to hold the wheel straight - the car snakes as if behind the safety car when drivers are attempting to keep heat in the tyres. I've tried various combinations of using/not using schemes and sound options but no difference. Cannot get the no-cd .exe link to work. No probs whatsoever with original gp3. Any ideas?

Almost forgot - someone else posted saying that when they take thier foot off the accelerator the sound goes faint - me too!

Coincidence? or merely chance??
Re: Steering probs. gp3 2000
Date: March 10, 2002 10:02AM
Posted by: Zcott
Not sure about the wheel, but the sound is programmed to be quiet whenever you take your foot off the loud pedal.
Date: March 10, 2002 11:28PM
Posted by: Larry
I have the old Logitech Formula Force Wheel and though it doesn't move while standing still on the starting grid, it does tend to want to move from side to side at very very slow speed.

That seems to have something to do with the new physics in GP3 2000. With the new GPxPatch which now has a Physics option, I tried one of the old physics files (2001ferrari-F2001.g3p) that came with Aubrey Windle's Advanced Physics Editor V1.03. That eliminated the side to side behaviour.

Date: March 10, 2002 11:49PM
Posted by: mortal
ralph mate.....you don't have a steering problem......it's your braking distance you should be working on hehe ;-)
have a look at the earlier post about setting up a usb wheel as a serial wheel, it may be the solution to your problem ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 11, 2002 07:36AM
Interestingly it doesn't happen in quickrace (the steering lock or the low speed weaving).
Date: March 15, 2002 09:41AM
After days of soul searching I had a brilliant idea - Maybe I can try a different physics file, the new gpxpatch has that option - BINGO!! all is well.
How on earth did I miss Larry's reply which suggested exactly that? It's incredible really 'cos I am the original 'have you read the manual?' man. Just ask my Mrs. and kid!!
Sorry Larry.
Date: March 15, 2002 10:04AM
Posted by: Larry
I'm glad you sorted it out.
Cheers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy