The hands in GP4

Posted by rooikappie 
The hands in GP4
Date: March 05, 2002 01:16AM
Posted by: rooikappie
Hi everyone

I was looking at the screenshots from GP4, specifically the cockpit view, and I was wondering where is the hands on the steering wheel. Some of the external shots one can clearly see that there are hands on the steering wheel.

Is it possible that only the Xbox version is going to have this? That would be a dissapointment.

What do you think?

Vrystaat se SON is gif!!! en die HAEL is moerse groot!!!
Re: The hands in GP4
Date: March 05, 2002 02:13AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
G'day all

Whatever is said in this thread is brand new to me.

Date: March 05, 2002 03:59AM
Posted by: mortal
all gp4 race drivers will have their arms surgically removed at the shoulders, this is of course to render them 'armless in case of an accident ;-) If you can see arms in a gp4 screenie how about posting the link for us. I'm sure we'd all like to see that ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 05, 2002 04:23AM
Posted by: Vader
And don't forget that cockpit/wheel in Gp3 uses a different wireframe than the car does. If there are are arms in external views to see it does not neccessarily mean there are arms in the cockpit view. E.g.: I never saw the wheel in external view, even from a t-cam perspective.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 05, 2002 05:07AM
Posted by: rooikappie
This is the link to the external views from where I can see the hands:
[koti.mbnet.fi]
[koti.mbnet.fi]

Vrystaat se SON is gif!!! en die HAEL is moerse groot!!!
Date: March 05, 2002 05:16AM
Posted by: dave
I'm sure this should be in the GP4 Forum but...I dont think that they are hands on the wheel (hopefully I'm wrong) I think it just looks that way?

What we need is someone do do a similar screen shot from F12001 (if it has hands on wheel) and see what they would look like from that angle?
Date: March 05, 2002 05:59AM
Posted by: Habi
ARRRGHH corne you were faster than me! i thought i'd add a screenshot when i come back from school :) oh well, at least we all know now ;)

Date: March 05, 2002 07:26AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
well its eitehr the drivers hands, or gloves with no hands in them superglued to the wheel..

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC &amp; GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: March 05, 2002 01:39PM
Posted by: dave
You guys appear to be right, thankfully. I had another look and there is definately a difference between the look of the wheel in the pits and on the track.
Date: March 05, 2002 07:23PM
Posted by: Zcott
I had a good look through all the photos at that site. The most revealing ones are :

[koti.mbnet.fi]
[koti.mbnet.fi]
[koti.mbnet.fi]
[koti.mbnet.fi]
[koti.mbnet.fi]

From these we see TV-style timings, different shapes for all the cars (with mirrors on the outside!), good use of the garages, improved qualifying monitors and different pitwall box shapes. Roll on GP4!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy