Arrghh...killed GP3, having brain fade...

Posted by qwerty12345 
Arrghh...killed GP3, having brain fade...
Date: March 03, 2002 05:10PM
Posted by: qwerty12345
OK...So I've been playing GP3 1.13 and using Steve Young's editor, GPXPatch and a 2001 car shape for many months. This weekend I go to install a new car shape, and kah-blewey, GP3 won't start. I had made a backup of the EXE...so just restored it and tried again. And again. And again.....no dice. After installing a new car-shape, GP3 won't start, period. I tried several different car shapes, all with the same results.

Soooooo, I did this:
Downloaded GP3 1.13 Decripted EXE file (again).
Downloaded the latest GPXPatch.
Downloaded the latest Car-Shape editor.

Deleted and then re-installed my copy of GP (Full install). Ran the 1.13 patch/upgrade. Replaced the EXE with the decrypted EXE.

Now, I can't use either Steve Young's editor, nor change car shapes. GP3 won't even start after an Upload from Steve's editor. Arrgh. The car-shapes still do the same thing. If I do an upload (to GP3) from the car-shape editor, I don't get any errors. However, if I turn around and then do an DOWNload (from GP3) right afterwards, the car editor tells me my GP3.exe isn't decrypted. ??????????

Got any ideas? What am I missing here?? TIA.

John
Re: Arrghh...killed GP3, having brain fade...
Date: March 05, 2002 04:24AM
Posted by: mortal
it's a tricky one alright, try running cleanreg to remove redundant registry entries for starters, then run gp3 from gpxpatch with the logging functions enabled and try to run the game. The carshape editor is tricky, clunky and still somewhat buggy and requires a particular sequence of events including a restart to function properly. make sure, though I'm sure you have, that the pathway to the executable is set for the editors.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: Arrghh...killed GP3, having brain fade...
Date: March 08, 2002 08:32AM
Posted by: Vader
Have you set the "Patch-level" in the Car-Editor to 1.13? On default it uses patch level 1.00. This can cause severe problems (even brain fade).

You must go to "Edit/Edit Gp3 Patch Level" to chose the version of GP3 you are running.

I had some problems with CarEditor 3.7 and GP3 1.13 myself. So I use the older 3.4 again.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy