Modem problem/ sound card problem

Posted by Ellis 
Modem problem/ sound card problem
Date: March 01, 2002 04:01PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

Im slowly fixing all the bugs in my system, hanx for everyone whos helping :)

Modem now...

I recently had a new sound card installed but i had to move the modem up a slot cos the card where touching each other and being forced to bend. So i just moved it up. I knew i would have to reinstall it but didnt think this would happen.

The modem will only connect at 28.8 K in XP. Before i took out 98 it connected ok in 98, but in XP it only goes at 28.8. The manual says COM PORT 4 and thats what it was in before, but it worked in Com 5, what its in now but only at 28.8 but at 56 in 98.
There in no drivers on the intel and ambient sites so i cant update drivers

Why should the port make a difference.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sound card

I recently installed a SoundBlaster Live card.

I get "bumping" noises when the sound level goes up. So if i play GP3 and the reves get high it sounds like a flat tyre, then when the revs go down it goes down slightly. This happens in all games.

The EAX doesnt work, theres no change in GP3 at all even when i select the option in GP3. This was the case in 98 and XP

Any help will be kool, i get lots with comps, soon i'll be bug free

"Upgrading - taking out old bugs and putting in new ones"

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: Modem problem/ sound card problem
Date: March 01, 2002 04:07PM
Posted by: Zcott
Tried new drivers for the soundcard?

As for the modem, I think there's an option somewhere to change how fast you connect at....but i'm not sure. I'm not on XP at the minute, so I can't check.
Date: March 01, 2002 04:12PM
Yo Sup

Nah, Zcott im not that bad, thats the first thing i checked

I seelcteed "dont wait for dial tone" and it went down to 14.4 and when i turned it off it went up to 31, then when i reconnect it goes to 28.8 and stays.

I'll go look for new drivers for da sound card

That wasnt bad, only 6 min till first peice of help :D

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 01, 2002 04:28PM
Yo Sup

The sitr only has the drivers i have (5.1), is there older ones, they arent on the site

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy