new tracks: accurate monza 67 and anderstorp 78

Posted by caiweikang 
Re: new tracks: accurate monza 67 and anderstorp 78
Date: April 10, 2004 06:42PM
Posted by: AAS
@Augusto

The life was much better in the good old GP2 community .
that's right, isn't it ?
Date: April 10, 2004 06:47PM
Posted by: aedewey
AAS said:@Augusto

The life was much better in the good old GP2 community .
that's right, isn't it ?

That for shure my friend :). Unfortunally that days are gone... in this case the problem is that "our" friend caiewecang has his little site so i doubt he will think it twice and act like he should act...
Date: April 10, 2004 06:48PM
Posted by: Ajayrious
Please just be big enough to admit that you stole deweys work

ive raced both tracks within the last 30 minutes, and the jams are identical.

just stop the charade

Date: April 10, 2004 07:50PM
only original gp tracks are copyrighted
I'm the only track author that never violates the copyright law.
for most of those original gp3/32k tracks I leave the author name as "Microprose"

mmm edited post after some time.... that sounds familiar for me.... why i suspect someone is telling you what to post....
The problem is respect..... not talking about copyright... if it is for copyright all gp3 sites with addons should be closed my friend...
and the point is that you have used my work and claims is yours... just read other people posts..... the rest is just bla bla bla....

Post Edited (04-11-04 02:53)
the one with a chicane is MY track. I used to say it's based on your track. since you don't like it, I just removed the track based on your track. and make the track all over again

from rsc forum by aedewey
camon just accept that you use my work and we will be happy

The one based on your track is uploaded again, and I says it's based on your track

Post Edited (04-11-04 04:10)
Date: April 10, 2004 09:21PM
first you said it is based on my track, later it is based on merlbourne.... now it is based on my work but later in a miracle way you make other track from scratch....
first it was 1978, later it was 1977, later you dont know wich year....(between 77 and 78 i think there is not other number...) still all the jams were macked by me... and some of the internal objects were edited by me... even the jam folder is the same that i renamed.... and78jam. My readme file was clear, i dont like that ohters edit my work, as ralph humerich didnt like that his car skins were edited for example...
In other game comunities it is the same..., people just want respect for his work and in many cases they dont like that others edit over this, and in general that is accepted... Unfortunally it looks like not in gp3 one...
It is like your actitude that is amazing...., simply if you asked me FIRST things could be other way, (other people has helped me edited to edit an rebuild some aspects of the tracks as it said in the readme file, also in las vegas and buenos aires, an egypt that are my other works).
For the chicane i tell you i dont know if it was used after 1978, for shure no in that year (chek andretti lap) and before 1978 i think it wasn´t used too (gpl version of the track has not that chicane also)
But now i know you dont act with good intentions...
For anyone that read all the post it is clear that you lied since the start, and that is not good my friend.
all right @#$%&, I never says the big one is based on your track.
i can sue you for trying to claiming my work and violating copyright law anytime I want

again I deny my track(big one) is based on that lame dewey swiss track

It's you who got devils inside, you just envy me can create so many tracks and become very popular. Read the Bible and clean yourself before you deserve any respect

Post Edited (04-11-04 04:38)
Date: April 10, 2004 09:29PM
i feel like to be in the exorcist movie.... some times it looks the good caiwekang talk.... and later the bad one.... lol
Date: April 10, 2004 10:15PM
caiweikang now you are requestin in rsc forum that moderators ban me and AAS, why to request that if you are saying the true?
Will you request the same here?
Why just more simple dont accept you make a mistake an that is all?
I've never made any mistake. and if there's a mistake that's I forget to request you and aas be banned here

50+ emails full of abusing and swearing words in my inbox, everyone knows where they come from
Date: April 10, 2004 10:26PM
lol, i even dont know wich one is your mail, not readme file included in the tracks :D
You can request roberto, x-acto an ajayrious to be banned too....
who is everyone, my old friends of other now closed website? camon... at least i post my real name in the tracks not just a nick..

Post Edited (04-11-04 05:30)

lol, i even dont know wich one is your mail, not readme file included in the tracks :D
You can request roberto, x-acto an ajayrious to be banned too....
who is everyone, my old friends of other now closed website? camon... at least i post my real name in the tracks not just a nick..

what a joke! my email is just in my profile. it's you who're lying
Date: April 10, 2004 10:52PM
lol, right, as i dont use this forum to much i forgot the profile thing thanks for the info :)
Why you just dont post "i dont care who is the author of the track or what they put in the readme about editing his work, i will edit anyway and claim it is my work". that will be a sincerously post.
Also it will be nice to know your real name.
I have to go to sleep now, see you tomorrow, i hope you dream with angels and have a good night. cya

Post Edited (04-11-04 05:52)
Guyz, this is slipping out of control

caiweikang - You were wrong to do this track edit without asking Mr. Dewey's permission - and since it is quite clear that he will not give you permission after your tirades of abuse against him, i feel you should delete it from your website

aedewey - does that sound a reasonable compromise to you.

This forum should be a place of resepct help and support (among ova tings lol) it shouldn't be a place of hate and war.

I hope taht you either take my suggestions or reach a similar conclusion yourselves, but for the sake of this forum and everyone else on it- drop the war, and drop the track caiweikang
Hi
as someone said, this is a little family, and like every family there should be some little common rules for a friendly living. Being this and every community made by people who spend their free time to make something good, I think a general respect is needed. There's no need to write a code of law to respect each other.
The problem is not a matter of copyright, because our works are free works, but anyway a little respect to the other authors is accepted, at least for a future cooperation or an exchange of info and so on.... If you want to use a work of another authors for a better version or a covnversion it is good to give him a call in advance or at least, if it's impossible to contact him, post in a forum the intention with a reasonable advance, so there will be the time for everyone to recognize the situation and avoid bad events like this one.

In example when I downloaded the new version of Anderstop reading "it is based on Melbourne and it has nothing to do with the Dewey's track" I fell from my chair when i discovered that the track was the same. I raced on the original track a few days ago and I compared them.
I'm not interested if Augusto doesn't want that everyone touch his tracks, this is another matter and can be solved in a pacific way, but this episode is no good. If everyone will feel free to do what he want this community will fall into something like anarchy and many authors can decide to stop they works or think twice before upload something.

Ok Caweikang still say he is right. Well, tomorrow I will upload my personal version of Macau sayng it is mine (track + jams) and based on the original Hockenheim. I'm curious to know what Shubert could say if he doen't agree.

@ AAS
yes you asked me the permission for Nivelles but I discovered by myself the other tracks. It is always very sad when you find your works with other names in a so suddenly way.
Personally I don't care about the permission to use my tracks. The only thing I ask is to be informed in advance just to know what I have to expect. As you now explained me your intention feel free to convert them.

Although all this... all have a nice sunday :)
Date: April 11, 2004 06:23AM
@ R_Scandura

Thank you :)
From RSC forum:
abcdeg said:

you have never made the sweden track.
Don't envy me just because you suck.

Damn! Is this an X-File? I have this track since a year or more. This track came from the future? Who made it? I'm scared! Please call Fox Mulder!!! ;) ;) ;)

I'm the main creator of recent gp3 tracks and I believe the number of tracks I created is larger than that of any other person.

Humility...this unknown ;)

...and I modify any track as I wish.
(no words)

Caweikang, some days ago you looked a different person, at least a little more polite. Is someone cloning your accounts and posting all this material or is this the real appearence of you? I hope for the first option, because otherwise I don't know how to express my sadness....

@ AAS
I read that you found some pictures about Croix where is possible to notice heights and local adverts. Where can I find them? I found only an aereal pic and the heights are not detailed.

bye

Post Edited (04-11-04 14:21)

-------------------------------
im just going to agree with everything in roberto's lst two posts

the andersthorp track (Soz bout spelling) has been around for ages, i remember it in a sportscar champinohsip nearly TWO years ago.

now unless i have an ablity to find tracks from the future- i think it obvious about the stealing

also is it me or is this topic going round in circles

oh and i have downloaded both tracks - tell me the diffrence
Date: April 11, 2004 07:39AM
@ R_Scandura

Croix :
I have deleted the pictures from my hd.
I still have a one lap video.
Now I try to find the links.

[album.planjer.com]

[ben.600m.free.fr]

[www.motorsport-dietrich.de]
I have not seen the one lap video at this page
(because the big file size)
aaaargh NOW I find more videos ,I have not seen before.
[www.jimbocam.com]

[www.elise-s160.co.uk]
incl. one lap video

wow is that a nice collection ?
[www.jimbocam.com]

Post Edited (04-11-04 15:10)
Date: April 11, 2004 09:29AM
quote: The_unamed_Starfish
caiweikang - You were wrong to do this track edit without asking Mr. Dewey's permission - and since it is quite clear that he will not give you permission after your tirades of abuse against him, i feel you should delete it from your website
aedewey - does that sound a reasonable compromise to you.

Yes, after all is what i requested in my first post of this loooong topic :)

As i said i am sorry but in general i don´t like people edit or convert my work, if you read other readme files like belini tracks, ralph hummerich carsets or calimbo carskins for example they dont like that people use their work as base for his own work, you can agree with that or not, but if you want to keep it friendly at least give it a try and ask first (as Roberto said). Other authors has no problems but at least they want to be informed if someone change his work. Just take 5 seconds of your time and you can check this. And beleive me in other games it is the same.... in general people release addons but dont like that other ones work over them or at least they want that his names stay as original author
I don´t know if caiweikang has asked or informed other authors and it is not my problem, but in this case i never was asked and worst later he claims it is his original work. People that test both tracks has confirmed that i was not wrong.
It is not the first time i have problems with this topic, and i feel some time ago that it was going worst and there weren´t rules over this topic so i feel make tracks and release them was a waste of time, after all always there will be someone that will take your work an change it, and looks like people forget authors quickly. So why spend so many hours if finally you will maybe receive 4-5 thanks a lot and later other ones with a 10% of your efort will receive also 4-5 thanks a lot...
For example starchild converted some of warren jenks tracks, maybe it was ok because warren unfortunally disapear, so there was no way to contact him, at least in that case after i contact starchild he includes warren´s gp2readme in the zip files. But the ones that are over crammond´s games since the gp2 days remember all the time Warren spended in that great tracks. Now looks like no one never take in mind that many of the tracks that are out there were constructed by him. Or the kyalami track that is based on arron woods gp2 one, i remember he was macking that track and searching for information for over 6 months and it was one of the best tracks ever released for that game in my opinion. Now no credit for Arron, looks like no one remember him. I hope you understand this examples and my points. You can critized me for be a little nostalgic but not for saying something that is not true :-)

In conclusion i will be happy if caiweikang removes this track. He can make his own anderstorp if he wants, and he can make his own jams if he wants. That will be ok for me.

Post Edited (04-11-04 16:31)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy