Two Track Projects

Two Track Projects
Date: April 09, 2004 02:35AM
Posted by: RRRReméééédiooo
Hi guys, I've decided to make two new tracks for gp3.

The first one, and more important, is a new Old Interlagos track. Sorry for those who like the Starchild one, but I think the best brazillian track of all time deserves a better version (in fact a new cc-line would make the Starchild's track a very nice circuit, but I want to start it from stratch, as I think there is a lot of space for improvements).

My skills to make the track and the cc-line are ok, as it isn't different from gp2, but I may need some help with the scenery. Anyway, this issue is for a later stage. For now I'd like to know if there is some videos from the track available in the web. There was one (onboard), but the site is defunct. If you know about a video, please reply to this topic, pictures would be very nice as well.

The other track is Pau, french street track. I've been waiting for someone to make this track for years, but I've never heard about someone making it. This project is already started, as I was making the track for gp2. Track and cc-line were done, but when converted to gp3, the cc-line goes offtrack at some points, so it seems a new cc-line is needed.

I do not work very fast, and making two tracks at the same time makes it slower. But it's better that way....it prevents me from being bored...and if you suply me some help and ideas I'm sure it will have a good result.

Regards
Roberto Remedio

ps.: as always, sorry for the bad english....

Post Edited (04-09-04 09:46)

The Fox provides for himself. But God provides for the Lion - William Blake
Re: Two Track Projects
Date: April 09, 2004 04:16AM
Posted by: X_Acto
Good luck with your work. :)

I hope that you could make a good Pau track...

Post Edited (04-09-04 12:18)

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: April 09, 2004 04:32AM
Posted by: The_unamed_Starfish
good luck with your work

without wishing to be rude - could you possibly do pau first, because we have no versions of that and we do Interlagos even if you consider it to be ''below average''
Date: April 09, 2004 04:44AM
Posted by: wvdriel
Is there any way you could look at a pre1999 interlagostrack? The only one in existence is the one that came with the original gp3 but is rather poor on graphics and detail. The layout is OK. Im sorry for asking.
Date: April 09, 2004 06:03AM
Posted by: brazilian
Roberto, already exists Interlagos 1973, with longer layout than nowadays, have you seen it? But Pau is one of the tracks everybody is looking foward to have.

Fábio

São Paulo - Brasil
Date: April 09, 2004 07:28AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
fantastic !

you made Pau! I love this Track!

Date: April 09, 2004 11:45AM
Posted by: R_Scandura
...Track and cc-line were done, but when converted to gp3, the cc-line goes offtrack at some points, so it seems a new cc-line is needed.

I'm not expert with conversion, but when I tried to convert Gp2 tracks in Gp3 the problem of the cc-line out of track seems to be due to a different vision of the track width so the cc-line should be good and the track needs to be enlarged. I'm not sure about this but maybe you can have a look if it is true.

...I do not work very fast, and making two tracks at the same time makes it slower. But it's better that way....it prevents me from being bored...

eheh I use this method too. I started lots of tracks just to have a look to them and I never open the same track two consecutive times ;)

Good luck
Date: April 09, 2004 12:52PM
Posted by: bigears
My advice, contact Florian Jesse (Google for his name and you will find his website) and ask him if he still got the .dat file of the Pau track he made about three years ago.

Also perhaps he got some useful information such as track data, adverts or jam files.

Personally, it would be nice to see a realistic 1973-1980 Interlagos track. Sharchild's track layout is fine but the graphics are pretty poor in my opinion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: April 09, 2004 01:10PM
Thank you guys, I'll try to finish Pau first, but it needs loads of objects, things I'm not used to edit.

And about Interlagos videos?

@Roberto: Yes, thats related to the width. I suppose it happens when you convert a track which has different widths each side. The ccline fits the inside of the corners right. But goes offtrack at the other side. That's why I think a new ccline is needed. I'm considering changing the track layout also, cause I was working with changing widths at the right side, trying to reproduce old style pits in gp2. It didn't work in gp2 and it isn't needed in gp3.

Regards

Date: April 09, 2004 02:06PM
Posted by: NBezold
Hi ,
a few days ago I ask here after some tracks.
Sachsenring and Oschersleben from Germany are on the webpage "gprix2.com" on the first side "Other Tracks" for GP2. Is there anybody, who
can change this tracks from gp2 to gp3 ?
Pau is also on this site as a track for GP2.

I hope that the Circuit Pau comes in near future.

Bye Norbert

( P.S. : I'm sorry but my English is not the best )
Date: April 09, 2004 02:20PM
That Pau track is too far from reality, bad ccline and completely wrong track lenght.

Date: April 09, 2004 05:56PM
Posted by: malcolmcat
I'm a bit of a newbie here, but if I could also vote for a Pau track be created, that would be great!
Date: May 16, 2004 01:40AM
Posted by: SuperSonic
How is the Interlagos project going?

See ya
Date: May 16, 2004 02:48PM
Am uploading a clip of the 1975 Interlagos GP.

Plus I got a 102MB clip of the 1980 GP but I haven't got enough webspace to upload it. Any way to get it through to you?

Date: May 16, 2004 03:25PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
Have you considered uploading it to a bittorrent site?
Bittorrent is a terrific way to share files, particularly large ones.
Date: May 16, 2004 04:43PM

Date: May 17, 2004 06:54PM
O-ho, I was at Interlagos yesterday, walked on the old track...
I'm thinking to go there again, in a day without events, to take good pictures and even measuremensts of the track.
The old turn 3 is just AWESOME... you have no idea! Maybe I'll show some pic's later.

See ya
Date: May 17, 2004 07:01PM
The 1st pic is great, bigears! It reminds me the uphill from turn 3 to old Junção... I guess the Café curve (at the beggining of the stands) is something about 25 meters above the lake level!

See ya
Date: May 17, 2004 07:15PM
I hope you took some photos of the track so it can help Remdio a lot.

I am currently having troubles with uploading the clips. I will keep trying though.

Date: May 18, 2004 02:34AM
Got it now as I have to zip it

The 1975 race:

[ur]http://www.powow.com/lemanslegend/Interlagos%201975.zip[/url]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy