2004 F1 Performance Pack v0.75 for GP3 v1.13 uploaded

Posted by SuperSonic 
Just sent it to Stephan.

This is a performace package for GP3 that reproduces the ¤2004 F1 Season¤. It will be updated along the season.

¤Version 0.75¤
01 Australia Melbourne
02 Malaysia Sepang

Features:

- New Magic Data Files
* New cc setups (acceptable top speeds and laptimes)
* Accurate tyre wear (according to each race)
* Realistic rain probability
* Realistic pit stop and failure data
* Other small changes
* Playable in all difficult levels, except rookie.

- 2004 Physics file:
* Increased downforce
* Reduced drag
* Inertia based (not a copy!) on MP4-17/D from EA F1 Challenge
* Front/Rear track from FW26 and wheelbase from F2004
* Center of gravity reduced
* Acceptable weight distribution
* 924 BHP (Ferrari)
* RPM: please read "known bugs"
* New tyre modeling / more grip
* Other small changes

- 2004 Generic Performance file:
* 2004 Teams and Drivers
* Fictional 11th Team: Arrows-Mercedes, with Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi
* Acceptable BHP values
* Realistic failure probability
* Qualify and race performances/ranges based on real qualify and race performances
* Tyre names
* 2004 Finishing Points rule
* Bonus - Correct colors for Pit Crews

- Setups
* Qualify and race setups for dry weather

Enjoy!

See ya
Question:

Should I make a new md for Bahrein beta or should I make a new md for an optional track, let's say A1-Ring? Or even both?

See ya
eeej where can I download this package
Is it ready to download?
I wanna try the new values...
may I be a testdriver?
Let's wait the site to be updated.

Sure Mancio! Any kind of feedback is welcome.

See ya
"* RPM: please read "known bugs" "

I haven't had a look at this, but I suspect that your comments would be the same as you applied to your 2003 performance pack, saying that at engine RPM levels approaching 19,000 GP3's engine sounds don't work very well?

I've played around with a 2003 F1 season and physics for GP3 with maximum eingine RPM of about 18,500 (and the highest engine RPM that I've seen in any 2004 F1 onboard qualifying laps so far in 2004 has just been a shade over 18,600 RPM), and have not experienced any of the sound problems that you describe. (I use Steve Marshall's Ferrari v0.4 engine sounds both for the car engine sounds in the GP3 Samples folder and for the other cars' sounds in GPxPatch. I, therefore, would suspect that the problems that you experienced have nothing to do with GP3, but rather with the sounds that you may be using.)
I use the original sounds.
I made some tests minutes ago. The max pitch of the engine sound is around 18000 rpm. Anything higher than that, the engine sound become "static", no matter if it's revving at 18k or 20k rpm. It's very strange (and annoying) to listen the same static sound even while your engine is still increasing rpm... Also, higher max rpm give us an even worst engine torque curve.
Well, I said 18k, but (at least for my ears) 18100 is the max rpm acceptable to face not static sounds.
What do you think about 18100 rpm? I think it's a good average for the current season.
The bad thing is to change fuel consumption for each track, hehe.

See ya
You should make both md datas (baherin and A1 Ring)

Cheers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F1 World Grand Prix 3 League
P1 Motorsport B Pr04 AP - Lotus
#46 - Alex Reyes (VEN)

P1 Motorsport Team Official Website
I will repeat that I don't experience this sound problem. even when I have the maximum engine RPM set to 18,500 for 2003 F1 cars.

The considerable number of lap videos that I have downloaded and viewed from the first two Grand Prises of this season show the various cars' engines revving at a maximum of just about or a shade over 18,600 RPM, with one exception, which shows one engine peaking at over 19,000 RPM, however, this is may well be a faulty reading as it occurs at the apex of a corner during a qualifying lap, which really doesn't seem to make all that much sense for this to be when the engine reached its peak RPM during a lap. This is further supported by the engine revs never remotely approaching this figure again during the course of the entire lap.

P.S. "no matter if it's revving at 18k or 20k rpm"
From what I've seen, the engines should never be revving at anywhere near 20,000 RPM. As it is, there's not a terribly large gap from the 18,100 RPM, where you say your sound problems start to occur, to 18,600 RPM which is what the maximum revs of this year's F1 engines have been so far this season.

Post Edited (03-29-04 03:59)
"You should make both md datas (baherin and A1 Ring)"

Somehow I distinctly recall seeing that the A1-Ring was missing from this year's calendar of Formula One races.
To Jackie Mantra,
where can I download Steve Marshall's Ferrari v0.4 engine sounds ??
I agree to your opinion about sound problem.
To Super Sonic,
I am looking forward for the performance pack !!!

Happy racing from Germany !!!
At most of the usual GP3 websites that are still around, I would guess.

I'm not going to bother posting the site URLs yet again for the umpteenth time. Just do a forum search. (You can use this forum's search function.) There's a very big dutch site and several faiirly large german ones.

P.S. It might be good idea to have a couple of sticky topics on this forum.
One of which might list some websites with a lot of GP3 downloads and the other which might explain things such as why there aren't any very long tracks for GP3 such as the Nurburgring Nordschleife. That would likely go quite a way towards cutting down on the number of posts in this forum which constantly ask the same questions.
"The bad thing is to change fuel consumption for each track, hehe."

Here's the easiest way that I found to do this:

1.Run a 15% length quick race and watch the AI as they cross the finish line at the end of the race. (Use "accelerated time" to save yourself a lot of time.)
2.Note how much fuel the race winner and other top cars have left at the finish.
3.For the fuel consumption to work out allright, the figure that you want to aim at is 1.9 to 2.0 laps of fuel remaining for each of the top cars.
4.Adjust the fuel consumption for both the AI and player by 300 for each tenth of a lap of fuel that it's off from the figures above.
5.Repeat steps one and two above (the fuel remaining should be spot-on or very close to that now) and make further adjustments (if necessary) until you get it right.
6.This should leave approximately 4 laps of fuel remaining for the top cars at the finish of a full length race (as in most of the original game tracks in the original GP3) and should work out to just about exactly one lap's worth of fuel being used for each lap driven during qualifying by most of the cars. (The slower cars with less engine power will generally use less fuel).
7.The above works very well for cars with engine BHP in the 750 to 900 or so range. The 300 multiplier will have to be changed for cars with engine power outside of this range or considerably different car weights or drag coefficients.

Post Edited (03-29-04 06:22)
JackiMatra wrote

"You should make both md datas (baherin and A1 Ring)"

Somehow I distinctly recall seeing that the A1-Ring was missing from this year's calendar of Formula One races

I was meaning for the people who doesn't downloaded the baherin Beta

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F1 World Grand Prix 3 League
P1 Motorsport B Pr04 AP - Lotus
#46 - Alex Reyes (VEN)

P1 Motorsport Team Official Website
About sound again:
In my game the engine sound stops increasing its pitch after it passes 18000 rpm. That's what I meant with "no matter if it's revving at 18k pr 20k rpm" - the sound is just the same, static when increasing from 18000 to 20k (max supported by gp3)
So, then everyone agree with 18100rpm?

Thanks for the tips to adjust fuel consumption, Jacki. I'll try it out.

I suspect I'll have to readjust the bhp in the performance file also. Right?

Just a few notes:

- These 2004 cars (tyres actually) are BLOODY fast. Very easy to drive - very hard to master.

- The Semi-Pro level is adjusted to be 3% slower than Ace.

---

Bahrein is still beta. Maybe people may want to play in a finished track. I said A1-Ring just because it is not going to be used by F1 this year, so we wouldn't have a track used twice.
I'll make the md's for both.
Jacki, I found a easy way to readjust fuel consumption.

16600rpm (default) .................16284 (default fuel consumption 2 at Melbourne)
18000rpm.................x

I just calculated an inverse proportion, I mean:

18000x = 16600 * 16284
16600x = 270314400
x = 270314400/18000
x = 15017,4666...
x = 15017

It worked perfectly for both human and cc! Still don't know if this works for all tracks...

See ya
The car weights, drag, BHP, and likely other factors as well, would all have an impact on the fuel consumption. All methods of calculating proper fuel consumption would probably be off at least a bit and would have to be actually thoroughly tested in races and adjusted.
That's right.
At Sepang the cars finished with 1.5 laps/fuel after 15% race distance, so I had to re-redjust it. But at least it gives a good aprox..

See ya
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy