GP3 to GP3 v1.13 patch to Decrypted 1.13 exe to CP3nocd patch Questions

Posted by malcolmcat 
Hi Everyone,

Bought and installed GP3. The game itself runs fine on my Windows 98 (Original Version) 400 Mhz AMD K6-2, 8MG AGP video card system. I have a Thurstmaster Pro Digital USB wheels and pedals. I can calibrate the wheel and the brake pedal, but not the throttle pedal.

I have been reading through a number of forums and web sites, and have downloaded the Official GP3 v1.13 patch, the decrypted 1.13 exe file, the GP3 NO CD file, and can not get GP3 to run again.

If I install GP3 and then the Official GP3 v1.13 patch, when I try to start the game I get error message: "Cannot locate the CD-ROM. Please insert the correct CD-Rom, select OK and restart application. [ok]."

Uninstalled GP3 and the GP3 v1.13 patch, rebooted my PC, then I install GP3, then the Official GP3 v1.13 patch, added the decrypted GP3 to the same folder, then added and ran the GP3nocd113 in the same folder, did the patch, and then try to start GP3 I get error: "Error Unable to load file: Idata\american_english.str Please re-install Grand Prix 3 [ok]"

Any ideas of what else I should do or what I am doing wrong?? I very frustrated at this point. And if I can get the game running, I still need to figure out how to calibrate the wheel and pedals.

Thanks in advance,

Frank
Oh, I understand.

You've got a separate-axis joystick. GP3 1.0 won't calibrate it.
What to do: install 1.13 patch, then replace gp3.exe with nocd version.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy