All-new Paul Ricard released

Posted by TheSmokingPen 
All-new Paul Ricard released
Date: March 05, 2004 09:35AM
Posted by: TheSmokingPen
For some time, your Pen has been working on a twin pack of the long and short versions of the Paul Ricard circuit in the south of France, as used intermittently through the 70's and 80's for the French GP, before they moved to Magny Cours.

Marc Aarts version has a bug in it that meant I couldn't see the track coming off the last corner and this bug also affects the recent version of the short circuit done by caiwekang. As your Pen's version is all new, (with a nod in the graphics to the 1985 and 1988 grands prix), the track is (hopefully!!) bug free.

Available in software and hardware mode for both GP3v1.13 and GP3-2000 from my Tracks Page and, as always.....

Enjoy.

The Pen

Re: All-new Paul Ricard released
Date: March 05, 2004 09:52AM
Posted by: Hova
Great stuff, thanks for the release :D. Anything else in the works?
Date: March 05, 2004 11:27AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
Hurrah!

"Anything else in the works?"
No respite permitted. That'll teach the Pen to release a project weeks ahead of his announced likely prospective target date.
Date: March 05, 2004 01:00PM
Posted by: Briere
dont forget our Pen has to take care of his little Pen ;)

Date: March 05, 2004 03:55PM
Posted by: gap
Very well done, Paul :)

Date: March 05, 2004 05:01PM
Posted by: X_Acto
Great stuff! :)

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: March 05, 2004 07:06PM
Posted by: Hova
I don't think I'm not allowed to ask Jackie.
Date: March 06, 2004 04:06AM
In the works.... well, I've made a start on my F1 2004 carset, (but it's kind of foundered on the Toyota for right now - I hate that livery), there will be IRL and ChampCar carsets later on, but for right now, the next thing is likely to be an oval or two - starting with the new Homestead Miami Speedway.

I've always had this thing about the ovals - the banking command in GP3 doesn't work right for anti-clockwise ovals, so most if not all of the existing ovals dip rather than rise through the banking. I've been experimenting over the winter and trying to remember some basic trignometry, so that I can address this. Some success, so watch this space.

The Pen

Date: March 06, 2004 03:11PM
Posted by: Dinga
Great work as usual Paul - thanks!
Date: March 06, 2004 03:37PM
Why the new Homestead, which CART doesn't race on, and not the old one, which they did race on?
Date: March 07, 2004 05:12AM
Posted by: thestarfishpond
yeah but IRL still does Jackie
Date: March 07, 2004 08:07AM
Posted by: Made in Brazil
IRL and Nascar

Date: March 07, 2004 09:40AM
Posted by: SuperSonic
Thanks Pen.

See ya
Date: March 07, 2004 11:14AM
"and Nascar"

Ah yes, I'd quite forgotten about all those GP3 NASCAR carsets that we have.
Date: March 07, 2004 12:44PM
Jackie M - the only real difference between the two is the banking at the ends, which is now 20 degrees instead of 6. This severe amount of banking causes the PO to soar, especially on the first lap, so there is a real chance I might do two versions, (all with 2004 graphics), so that people with less powerful machines can use the track without watching the field go through turns 1 & 2 in slow motion.

Good enough?

Now, about those NASCAR carsets..................

The Pen

Date: March 07, 2004 08:52PM
Thanks.

I know about the differences, and that between 6 and 20 degrees of banking is quite large. Having bothof these tracks for GP3 would be grand.

P.S. Please no GP3 NASCAR cars for me, at least. There are a number of good NASCAR games about and NASCARs for GP3 make even less sense, as far as I'm concerned, than, say, NASCARs for Sports Car GT or F1 Challenge.
Date: March 10, 2004 04:29PM
Posted by: vinnyg
Cool, i love the ovals, make for v. close racing. I remember having some monstrous crashes too! Keep up the good work Smoking Pen, its really good esp your Cleveland, Milwaukee, Miami and i love your carsets too.
Date: March 10, 2004 09:03PM
Posted by: bigears
Thank you for the Paul Ricard tracks. They are more accurate than Marc Aarts's versions.

It does feel empty with the lack of buildings and grandstands but it still exciting with a lot of high speeds around the tracks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: March 29, 2005 08:47PM
Posted by: weezerboy
i'm after the short version of Paul Ricard and i went to the link but all the circuits are down.

any chance someone could send me it? please

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2005 09:17PM by weezerboy.
Date: March 30, 2005 01:53PM
Posted by: goeland92
Hi... I search also this track. I search also another Smoking Pen's track : Miami Downtown street.
If you have, send them to me at goeland92@yahoo.fr

Many thanks to all !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy