GP3 Question. Is the manual necessary?

Posted by malcolmcat 
GP3 Question. Is the manual necessary?
Date: February 29, 2004 06:25PM
Posted by: malcolmcat
Quick Question for everyone.

Do you have to have the Reference Manual to be able to run Grand Prix 3?

I purchased GP2 including the manual recently, and have the game working, but even with downloads of the 'net, haven't been able to get my USB wheel and pedals to work with the game.

Reading through the different posts on this forum, it looks like its possible to get GP3 to work with USB wheels and pedals, and I have already downloaded the gp3patch.exe file that gets GP3 up to version 1.13. Now I just need to get GP3 on CD-ROM.

I see various ebay auctions wtih GP3 available, but just as the CD-ROM itself, but not including the manual.

Should I wait and try to get the game and manual together, or is the CD-rom enough?

Frank
Re: GP3 Question. Is the manual necessary?
Date: February 29, 2004 07:20PM
Posted by: vbc
Hi malcomcat

I have the spanish version and the manual is in the CD-rom, I think it is the same in other european versions

Thanks GP3Hotlaps
Date: February 29, 2004 07:57PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
You don't really need the manual, more so if you are familiar with the GP2 manual.

GP3 is pretty much self-explanatory and quite similar to GP2, and much that isn't all that clear isn't in the manual anyway. (There are a number of ingame "hotkeys", that are the same as they were in GP2, that aren't mentioned in the GP3 manual at all, for example.)

My USB wheels and pedals have have always worked with GP3.
The "trick" is to create a "user set" in the controls menu. (Something else that I don't seem to recall as being mentioned in the GP3 manual, either.)
Date: March 01, 2004 08:44PM
Posted by: malcolmcat
Okay, I won an ebay auction to get the GP3 CD-ROM today so I will hopefully have the game in the next week or two. Really eager to try out that game and hopefully be able to get my ThrustMaster Pro USB wheel and pedals to work.
Date: March 02, 2004 04:01AM
Posted by: Marcow_nl
And if you have any problem, don't be afraid to open a topic again on this forum!

PS: If you have GP3 working, you can also join our competition. We just started a new season! Check my website!

Ibanez guitars played by people like Joe Satriani and Steve Vai make me wanna go fast!!

Come and compete to other GP3 hotlappers [www.gp3Hotlaps.tk]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy