Strange sound error - Help please!

Posted by Bolst 
Strange sound error - Help please!
Date: February 01, 2004 11:33AM
Posted by: Bolst
Hey all, I have recently got a new PC, so I was much looking forward to playing GP3 - 2000 at lightning fast pace, however, when I install the game it all seems fine, but when I load the game for the first time, and it says 'do you want to callibarate the graphics on this machine? (reccomended) ' It tests my computer, the encounters an error and exits the game. The game seems to work, the sound is glitchy on the startup, but runs fine ingame, and to actually play the game I have to no callibarate the graphics. I installed everything exactly the same as on my old PC, so does anyone konw whats going on???? I'm really confused. Please help guys!
Re: Strange sound error - Help please!
Date: February 01, 2004 03:33PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Weird...
When you mean callibrate, you mean it does that ultra slow test in Hungary, right? If so do you actually get that far or does the game crash in the loading screen?

Maybe you should try re-installing the game again. Always works for me

Date: February 02, 2004 03:10AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
Mine PC has done that on occasion......just skip the auto calibration and do it manually.

Date: February 02, 2004 04:20AM
Posted by: Marcow_nl
And try to run it using GPxpatch, tick the box skip intro maybe?

Ibanez guitars played by people like Joe Satriani and Steve Vai make me wanna go fast!!

Come and compete to other GP3 hotlappers [www.gp3Hotlaps.tk]
Date: February 02, 2004 07:25AM
Posted by: adityamunshi
calibration doesnt work for me with gpxpatch so try that also

Date: February 02, 2004 10:52AM
I think it has something to do with the graphic cos when I alter them, it quits, but I have a really good new graphics card in it so I dont understand.
Date: February 02, 2004 03:34PM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
drivers?

Date: February 03, 2004 04:33AM
Posted by: Marcow_nl
I have read in one of the forums here that maybe you have a too new gfx card. or driver. Since GP3 is an older game, it cannot handle it? I had the same problem with a new driver i installed for my Voodoo3 gfx card, when i ran GP3 i was chased by some kind of pyramid-shaped shadows.

I reinstalled an older drivers, and it was gone......

Maybe you are just not allowed from your new computer to play this old game ;)

Ibanez guitars played by people like Joe Satriani and Steve Vai make me wanna go fast!!

Come and compete to other GP3 hotlappers [www.gp3Hotlaps.tk]
Date: February 03, 2004 06:31AM
Posted by: JHDownforce
I have the sam problems, since I use Windows XP. At Windows Me it won't give any troubles at all.
Date: February 04, 2004 03:45PM
Is there any way I can correct it then? Apart from doing things like changing operation systyem back to ME, which I would not do.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy