I want to say goodbye...

Posted by MajorTom 
I want to say goodbye...
Date: January 20, 2004 07:09AM
Posted by: MajorTom
Major Tom to ground controll:

"Hello to all friends in the GPxscene, I sadly want to say goodbye to everybody. but after six years of spending my time to this games for free I feel like doing something different also with the intention to earn a little bit. So I´ve decided to go back into the music scene and dive around there for a while. Some musicians want me old man to play again my harp. We have found a very good production which gives us time to develope our sound and we are surrounded with very good musicians. So you might hear from Major Tom again in one or two years time from now.
Still I have a lot of unpublished material (40-60 items) for GP3, GP3 2000 and GP4. Sadly I never wrote those horrible "Readme" files so this will mostlikely never be published. But I have found a friend who is doing at least one good thing. He is going to finish a track of mine, which actually should be a special one. "Holy Field Hopsten" is a fictional track, located in the area where I live. It´s a sort of country road track with a very narrow bridge and a wide and narrow trackdesign. It gives speeds touching 400 km/h in GP3 and crossing over 400 km/h in GP3 2000. And in a way it could be the longest track ever. But I am not really sure for that. The country side is almost what we have around here in the "Münsterland" in north-west-germany. It´s packed with a lot of new jams, which of course can be used by anyone. Sadly I cannot finish this track and fullfill all the ideas and possibilities I see in TE. But our friend Roberto is doing the rest so I think that all of you can test the track in short of time.
So let me say a last goodbye and thanks for the years we had together in the community."

Special thanks are going to STEPHAN and BRUNO for making and maintaining this really great site which gives us all the possibilities we need in GPxseries. Keep it up, guys!!!

And special thanks are also going to the great community and to all the people who were downloading and may be liking my files with more than 1.500 000 downloads just on this superb GPxsite.

Yours

Major Tom
Re: I want to say goodbye...
Date: January 20, 2004 07:18AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
Just curious, Harpo Marx type harp (not meaning to be coy here, he really was fairly accomplished) or blues harp?
Best wishes to you in your new endeavour.
Date: January 20, 2004 08:27AM
Posted by: Marcow_nl
Thank you for all your work and good luck in your new challenge!

Ibanez guitars played by people like Joe Satriani and Steve Vai make me wanna go fast!!

Come and compete to other GP3 hotlappers [www.gp3Hotlaps.tk]
Date: January 20, 2004 11:09AM
Posted by: PLay
too bad news :(
thank you for all great works you did and goodbye!

ENGLISH VERSION: [www.grandprix3.pspu.ru]
Date: January 20, 2004 01:24PM
Posted by: harpv
Hope the you do will.

Along for the Ride.
Date: January 20, 2004 02:17PM
Posted by: András Vincze
Good luck in the future dude! I hope you will enjoy your life as we enjoyed your stuff. Goodbye

Best's
András Vincze

[vgpxhd.uw.hu]
Date: January 20, 2004 04:12PM
Posted by: Ethan
Thanks for the GPx material

Godspeed in your new journey

Bye

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F1 World Grand Prix 3 League
P1 Motorsport B Pr04 AP - Lotus
#46 - Alex Reyes (VEN)

P1 Motorsport Team Official Website
Date: January 20, 2004 11:52PM
Posted by: drafi5
Thanks for all your great works for GPX. We will miss you a lot.
Wishing you all the best in the future and good luck with the music !!!

Friendly regards drafi5 (Helmut).
Date: January 21, 2004 08:12AM
Posted by: AndrewD
Cheers for everything, and best of luck :)

If you think I'm insane, you should see my alien counterpart!
Date: January 25, 2004 06:23AM
Posted by: MajorTom
Hi everybody,

just want to thank for all the nice words and wishes,
wishing the best for you and yours,
Tom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy