34th track: Jerez 90
Date: January 15, 2004 07:59PM
Posted by: caiweikang
based on Frank Hentschel's 97 track.
uploaded both to furom.racesimcentral.com and www.freewebs.com/gp3tracks
Re: 34th track: Jerez 90
Date: January 16, 2004 12:16AM
Posted by: caiweikang
are there any other versions of brands hatch? belini's track doesn't seem editable(CTD after saving as another file)
Date: January 16, 2004 01:33AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
None that have been publicly released.

I recall that I wasn't able to put any track record information into this track, nor even put in the full name of the circuit, without the track crashing. I assumed that this was because P.K. Arnall (Belini) hadn't left enough room in the track dat file for this data. Whatever the reason, I just wanted to show that it's probably not a problem peculiar to you only. You may want to ask P.K. Arnall about this and see if he can offer any possible solutions to the problem.

There was a GP2 version of the 1976-1987 Brands Hatch, but it was not very accurate in terms of the layout, and the graphics were, of course, nowhere near to the standards of Belini's GP3 Brands Hatch.
Date: January 16, 2004 07:40AM
Posted by: Made in Brazil
Thanks!!

Great track!

Date: January 16, 2004 09:29AM
Posted by: wvdriel
Didn't somebody make a cart2003-version of Brands hatch? maybe that one will be editable.
Date: January 16, 2004 10:32AM
Posted by: bigears
Yes, there is the Brands Hatch Indy track in the downloads section.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: January 16, 2004 01:40PM
Posted by: Dinga
They are two different tracks - Hernan's Indy circuit is the one used last year and is the Brands Hatch short circuit(Named Indy funnily enough). Paul's is the GP circuit which is totally different. I'm sure he'll advise you on anything that may need doing as long as it's for personal use!
Date: January 16, 2004 08:20PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
The Brands Indy circuit is only 1.2 miles long, while the Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit is 2.5 miles long. That's quite a difference. The Belini Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit is of the 1998 configuration of this circuit, which would only need to have the chicane at Dingle Dell removed to have the 1976 to 1987 Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit layout, while the Brands Indy circuit is obviously missing most of the longer circuit layout.
Date: January 16, 2004 09:08PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Brands Hatch 1976-1987

Brands Hatch 1988-1998

Brands Hatch Indy 1976-1998

Looks like Westfield was reprofiled as well as Dingle Dell then :)

The current layout has once again changed - Dingle Dell (now Sheen's) has lost it's chicane and the straight leading to Stirling's is angled, making the left turn less tight.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: January 16, 2004 09:12PM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
Sheen's? As in Barry?

Date: January 16, 2004 09:20PM
Yes. I guess it has been renamed only recently. When did he die, about November-ish?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: January 16, 2004 09:23PM
Oh, well bugger, March 10th. Doesn't seem like that long ago :o

Date: January 17, 2004 02:40AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
then in that case shouldn't it be "Sheene's"....I'm pretty sure his name had another "e" on it.

Also, I believe he was to wave the chequred flag at last years Australian GP. Although he didn't as he was to ill. A great loss.

Date: January 17, 2004 02:44AM
You're right, I wasn't paying attention. :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy