no wings carsets

Posted by zab93 
no wings carsets
Date: October 23, 2003 04:45PM
Posted by: zab93
Hi guys!
how can I fix a setup with no wings angle (1 degree) both for human and computer cars?
I make a big work on physics and on setups but AI cars seems always to keep 15 degree of wings even if I use the CC-car setup editor.
Is there a quick system to save the same setup for all tracks and for all cars (including CC-cars)?

bye bye

P.S. If somebody is interested I can provide physics files for the follow seasons:
50-51
52-53
54-57
58-60
61-65
66-67
68-72
73-77

Re: no wings carsets
Date: October 23, 2003 05:54PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
Shouldn't wing settings of 151 in the track magic data mean that the CC cars would use zero wing at that track?

P.S. Why don't you just upload your physics files to this website?
Date: October 24, 2003 12:17PM
Posted by: Kaps
Hey zab93,

will you make post-77 physics files?

'Cos I would really need the following: 80-81, 84-89 and maybe 91-94 seasons.

Any chance?
Date: October 25, 2003 06:30AM
Posted by: gap
Yes, I agree with Jackie, upload your work in this site.

Date: October 25, 2003 08:19AM
Ok boys!
I'll upload my work on physics in few days ( I have to write some remarks about the real performances of the cars in the various eras )

To JackiMatra: what do you mean: "151 (?) on track magic data etc." ?
sorry for this request but I really don't understand...

thanks to all for your interest about my work.

Bye
Date: October 25, 2003 09:55AM
Posted by: gap
If you're using GpxPatch, the wing angles/gear ratios for CCcars are stored in magic data [.md (GP3 1.13) or .md2 (GP3 2000)] files. The magic data settings overseed the ones coming from other utilities, like GP3 CCsetup Editor.
You can edit these files with the common wordpad and inflate them in the track .dat files that you want to use, with Cmagic (GP3 1.13) or Cmagic 2000 (GP3 2000) tools. With the same tools you can also extract magic data from the tracks.
My suggestion is to get them from your prefered tracks, to edit them and after saving your modified files (don't forget to do a back up of the original ones), to insert them back in the same tracks.
In both the types of magic data the rows relative to the CC setting are the very first ones, but whilst in .md2 files the settings are stored as they are read from the game, in .md files they are increased by a 151 coefficient. To do an example, if you're using GP3 2000 and you want to settle the forward wing angle to 4, you has just to insert "4" where you read fw (for times, as GP3 2000 let you to specify different setups for race/qualify dry/wet conditions) of .md2 files, but if you're editing .md files you has to insert "155" ( = 151 + 4) in the fw line.
This is what Jackie meant. I hope my explainations were clear and exhaustive enough.

Happy to know that you will publish your work! :)
Gabriele

Date: October 25, 2003 03:45PM
thank you very much!
I feel that cc-setup editor doesn't work...

I want to clarify one thing.
I read the thread about "physics 2003" and the link of Gabriele to another forum (SDI):
I'm only ENJOING A GAME, I want only recreate the feeling of driving in that years : I don't want to make the same hotlap of Fangio at Montecarlo in 1957 and I don't want bless myself for I mistake the power of my Maserati of 10 - 20 BHP...

sincerely to all: have a joy on your Games!

Bye
Date: October 25, 2003 06:17PM
Posted by: SuperSonic
Maybe GPL is a better (and easer) choice. :)

See ya
Date: October 26, 2003 09:09AM
Much easier in not having to worry about whether the physics are "correct", as you can't change them and you can rest assured that the cars all have far to little grip and are far too fast (to the tune of about 20 mph) than the real F1 cars were in 1967 (which is all that you have, at this time, as far as your choice of F1 seasons in GPL goes).
Date: October 28, 2003 11:42AM
Posted by: Kaps
Hey zab have you uploaded your physics files?

In which category of downloads are physics on this site, anyway?
Date: October 29, 2003 06:25AM
Posted by: andrew_S
Much easier in not having to worry about whether the physics are "correct", as you can't change them and you can rest assured that the cars all have far to little grip and are far too fast (to the tune of about 20 mph) than the real F1 cars were in 1967 (which is all that you have, at this time, as far as your choice of F1 seasons in GPL goes).

20mph here or there, who cares, its a great sim and lets us relive a great age......

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: October 29, 2003 10:57AM
Some people do care.
I, for one, would really be unhappy if the maximum speeds of my 2003 GP3 F1 cars were either 247 mph or 207 mph, instead of what they should be, and there was nothing that I could do about it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy