Tracksets for 50-03 seasons using Gppatch?

Posted by mautsi 
Tracksets for 50-03 seasons using Gppatch?
Date: October 06, 2003 07:03AM
Posted by: mautsi
Anybody know where i could find info for track order of F1 seasons from 1950-03 time period,i'm planning to drive through time on a hotseat career with my 3-5 friends and like to set tracks the same order as they where driven back in history to present times.
I've got over 200 tracks in my circuit folder to be set to tracksets for Gppatch,i didnt find with Search in these forums anything what i'm looking for.
Anybody done something like this before?Links to good pages?
Re: Tracksets for 50-03 seasons using Gppatch?
Date: October 06, 2003 07:38AM
Posted by: Ali
What you want to do is a huge task.

I have an "encyclopedia" where there are info. about every race since 1950, but consider the tracks too!! You won't find all of them.
Date: October 06, 2003 08:40AM
Posted by: Viper-F1.com
The best site I found is :

[www.silhouet.com]

Go to that. I'm currently doing something similar to you. But adding a fictional timeline with those archieves. Enjoy.

Viper-Mazda. The best 11th team I've ever made. :P But its 'cause I made it. WAYHEY!!!
Date: October 06, 2003 09:43AM
Thanks a LOT!!!!!! Love you Viper-F1.com
Great site! Enough for my purpose,i'll use the tracks for those countries that i've got.Monza has stayed in F1 since 1950 : )
Good thing that trackmakers have usually put some information about their tracks when they were used for racing, i can now for my own satisfaction get a close enough match for to the order they were raced on.

Thanks! : )
Date: October 06, 2003 10:19AM
Posted by: Eagle
Hey Ali,
I have an "encyclopedia" where there are info. about every race since 1950
Is that "The Complete Encyclopedia of Formula One" by Bruce Jones?

Hope it is, cos I don't want to sound like the only F1 nutter that has a copy of it!

The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.
Date: October 06, 2003 10:40AM
Posted by: Ali
I think it is.
It is a two volume set and in the second one there is a big amount of information from all races in history...

You would be surprise of how many "F1 nutters" there are outhere...!!
Date: October 06, 2003 12:35PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
There are a number of books with the information that you want. Rather than my listing them and you trying to find and purchase them, here's another website with this information (and much more):

[www.f1db.com]
Date: October 07, 2003 12:40PM
Thanks JackiMatra great page also,bit more info on tracks.

Many many nice words for you too : )
Date: October 08, 2003 12:50PM
Posted by: PLay
2mautsi: can you send me some your old tracks? (50-60 seasons)

ENGLISH VERSION: [www.grandprix3.pspu.ru]
Date: October 08, 2003 02:17PM
Posted by: Vader
I have an "encyclopedia" where there are info. about every race since 1950
Is that "The Complete Encyclopedia of Formula One" by Bruce Jones?

I just got a brandnew copy of The Complete History of Grand Prix Motor Racing - every race from 1894 to the present by Adriano Cimarosti. Now I am the nutter, I suppose. ;)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: October 08, 2003 06:42PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
"The Complete Encyclopaedia of Formula One" by Bruce Jones is a first-rate book that very thoroughly covers F1 from 1950 to 1998 or 1999 (depending on which edition you have). This book is a single volume.

"The Complete History of Grand Prix Motor Racing" by Adriano Cimarosti is a somewhat sparser, but still excellent book, that covers Grand Prix motor racing from the end of the 19th century until either 1993 or 1998 (again, depending on which edition you have). This book, while generally less detailed than the Bruce Jones volume, does have the advantage of covering a much longer span of time, and, additionally, is the only book that I know of where one can find technical specifications of older F1 cars (dating back at least to the 1930s or even 1920s or earlier), such as weights, dimensions, engine size and power, and car top speeds.

Both of these books are still in-print and are really essential to an F1 library.

Post Edited (10-09-03 01:50)
Date: October 08, 2003 08:42PM
Posted by: mudshark
I have all info in an excel file - country / track by year, event order and track length. I'm not sure where I picked it up, but it's got everything. E-mail me and I'll send it out.

Date: October 15, 2003 07:56PM
Posted by: SuperSonic
Where can I find complete 2003 pit stop and speed trap data?
Thanks.

See ya
Date: October 16, 2003 01:05PM
Posted by: Saih Pitu
Here's yet another site with yearly F1 schedules:

[www.4mula1.ro]

I find this one a bit easier to use then the two others previously mentioned, that is if you just want the schedule as it lists each race in order with dates.

Take care.

- Loren
Date: October 17, 2003 04:41AM
Thanks,your right easier to read.
Good site : )

Makes my work bit faster thanks one more time!!!!!! : )

Don't you just love these people!
Date: October 22, 2003 06:19AM
Does anybody know if it's possible to leave tracks out from trackset?
Reason is that there's only 7 races in 1950 so if i put them to last 7 slots and leave first 9 open(empty) does the game work or crash?
Season would then start from 10 track...?
I'l try it i get home from work,but i'd be happy to know if somebody has tried it?
Date: October 22, 2003 08:04AM
Posted by: Widow
Hi all,

I found the following site to have a nice comprehensive overview of all seasons upto 2000...
I guess they have not been updating it for about three years, but still this site rules on the information you can get on it.

[www.gpracing.net192.com]

Have fun, greetz,

Widow
Date: October 22, 2003 08:05AM
Posted by: SuperSonic
The game will load the original 1998 tracks in the slots you leave empty.
I think...

See ya
Date: October 22, 2003 01:31PM
Posted by: AndrewD
I think it'll just say 'file not found' if you don't tell it where to find a track and the default isn't there.

You could just take the scores after 7 rounds I guess, or even combine 2 seasons perhaps?

If you think I'm insane, you should see my alien counterpart!
Date: October 23, 2003 06:29AM
Nice idea of combining two seasons but i think will count results from first races and start a new season.Those early years will go by in notime : )
I'll have to test the two season in one idea.Still haven't tested what happends with empty slots.

Thank's for the new site,i've allready made it to 1976 and next years easier to set,tracks don't change a lot in 77-03 seasons.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy