Rain

Posted by Russian 
Rain
Date: October 05, 2003 10:34AM
Posted by: Russian
I have a problem with rain races in Gp3 1.13 and Windows XP. Sometimes during every lap the screen becomes like one if you press two times F12 using GpxPatch. Does anyone know something about this problem?

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Roman Rusinov is the best russian driver, I think!
Re: Rain
Date: October 05, 2003 02:13PM
Posted by: Speed_Addict
Hi

What are your system specs? Using latest video card driver? Which Direct X version?
Date: October 06, 2003 07:59AM
Hi!

System: Windows XP home edition, Radeon 9000 128 MB, Direct X10. It's OK in dry races, but bugs in rain

Date: October 06, 2003 08:00AM
Hi!

System: Windows XP home edition, Radeon 9000 128 MB, Direct X10. It's OK in dry races, but bugs in rain

Date: October 06, 2003 08:39AM
Do you see some strange flickering while playing GP3, like flickering images, spots on track...?
That rain problem, is it flashing of the screen while you drive?

This could be a DirectX problem. But first of all I'd recommend you to install the latest catalyst driver for your Radeon (if you still haven't) and then return to DirectX 8.1. It comes with the Windows XP so I think the best way should be to re-install the Windows. GP3 and GP3-2000 work fine with DirectX 8 and seem to have problems with DX9.

Do you experience any other strange problems with your computer or is it just GP3?

Post Edited (10-06-03 15:41)
Date: October 06, 2003 06:46PM
Posted by: Phil_Price479
Speed_Addict, you mentioned just then about Installing an earlier version of DirectX.
I am running DirectX 9.0b and am suffering keyboard lock up problems since installing my new NvIda FX 128mb Graphics card. I would like to try 'downgrading' to Direct X 8.1 or something to see if it fixes the problem, but I have 1 question.. How do you Uninstall the current version of DirectX? Before I can install the older version.
Thanks
Date: October 06, 2003 07:48PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
[www.grandprix3.com]

The eigth post down, as revealed by the search facility.

Post Edited (10-07-03 02:49)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: October 07, 2003 05:20AM
Hi!

Yes, it's like strange flickering while playing GP3 but not images and screen doesn't flash, only flick..
I think it's not Direct X9.0 problem. May be it's because of Windows XP. Unfortunetuly Gp3 doesn't work OK with Windows Xp. For example i can't see hotlaps in game - it crashes while loading. And in my opinion, reinstalling windows won't solve my problem.

Questions are: where can i find drivers and does anyone have such problem?

Date: October 07, 2003 03:14PM
St. Hubbins, I used DirectX Buster some while ago and it just messed up my registry! I wouldn't recommend it. IMHO it's far safer to re-install the Windows.

Russian, you can find latest Ati RADEON 9000 drivers for your OS at
[www.ati.com]
(BTW did you by any chance overclock your CPU? And what brand is it?)

Regards

Post Edited (10-07-03 22:17)
Date: October 08, 2003 05:48AM
Thanks for the link, but it's too big for me hot

Does anybody have this probelm????

Date: October 08, 2003 09:10AM
Well yeah, I had a similar. I told you what I did
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy