New Track Problem

Posted by Bernie The Bolt 
New Track Problem
Date: September 16, 2003 12:41AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
Ahoy hoy fellas,
Of late (the last 3 weeks or so) I've taken to downloading new tracks and running them over the originals. This has been working fine up until yesturday when GP3 started randomly throwing me back to the desktop where GPxPatch (latest version i think) spits out some error message about an exception.

The problem, I think, could be dodgy track files, but why would it start randomly not straight after I installed them. Also, the Indy track for HotLapping won't even run, again, it just crashes back to the desktop, even with GPxPatch in debug mode.

Hope someone can shed some light on this for me, as I really miss thumping around Surfers Paradise.

Regards,
Bernie

Re: New Track Problem
Date: September 16, 2003 01:56AM
Posted by: AndrewD
It could be that a more recent installation of a track has interfered with a file from a track that was working fine, causing it to crash. I'm only guessing though.

If you think I'm insane, you should see my alien counterpart!
Date: September 16, 2003 02:48AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
I thought so to, but all of the tracks are completely new, and sit in their own folder within the gp3jamsH directory...And, just to confuse it more, the updated tracks I have which overwrite the GP3 originals work fine...

Silly game.

Date: September 16, 2003 07:08AM
Posted by: Marcow_nl
I just know that i had a problem with Indy too, but i put too many files in the hardware directory causing the crash-to-desktop problem. Had pretty much the same errors you mention.

I accidentally put the JIP , TXT , DAT file in the gp3jamsH directory. I deleted these files there, and it worked again!

Good luck:)

Ibanez guitars played by people like Joe Satriani and Steve Vai make me wanna go fast!!

Come and compete to other GP3 hotlappers [www.gp3Hotlaps.tk]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy