gp4 to gp3 interlagos

Posted by belini 
gp4 to gp3 interlagos
Date: August 24, 2003 08:17AM
Posted by: belini
just uploaded a conversion of gp4 interlagos for gp3 2000 (1999 to 2003)
available from the download page

pk

http://www.belini.fsnet.co.uk
Re: gp4 to gp3 interlagos
Date: August 24, 2003 11:07AM
Posted by: Dinga
Awesome!Just fantastic...need I go on?Welcome back to one of the masters of the GP3 community!!!Thank you very much for sharing this masterpiece with us.
Date: August 24, 2003 01:12PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
Welcome back.
I don't see it in the downloads section yet, but I'm surely looking forward to it.
You've made some of the best GP3 tracks.

I have one big request that I'm certain would also be greatly desired by many others:

Your Brands Hatch track for Grand Prix 3 is wonderful. However, I really regret that it is of the later 1998 configuration with the Dingle Dell chicane and the modified Graham Hill Bend, which no Grand Prises were ever held on. It's not that I don't like this particular track, however it is not historically accurate for any Formula One races.

Is there any chance that you might possibly make a proper 1976-1987 Brands Hatch circuit for Grand Prix 3?

P.S. Please pardon my impatience regarding the old Brands Hatch circuit, I realize that it's been only 17 years since the Grand Prix there, but I just can't help myself.
:-)

Post Edited (08-24-03 20:17)
Date: August 24, 2003 02:55PM
Jacki-it's in the downloads section of pk's site. I'm using it with v1.13 for quickraces/practice and it's a superb piece of work.The only prob I do have is quite a PO hit at the beginnining of race,but that's my system and not this pack.
Date: August 24, 2003 09:22PM
Oh, thanks.
I just hadn't thought of his site, as I hadn't visited it in ages, since he hadn't done anything for GP3 in so long. (In fact, as I recall, many of the GP3 downloads had been removed.) I just thought that GrandPrix3.com was meant. Mea culpa.
Date: August 25, 2003 04:40AM
Posted by: Natazone
I downloaded your Interlagos tracks. I extracted it into "GP3Jamsh" & "belinicircuits" folders as you said in readme but when i try to load a track in the game, it always crashes into the desktop. (By the way, i'm using slot 3 for tracks 2002 & 2003/ slot 2 for 1999-2001 tracks).

Post Edited (08-25-03 11:43)

==========================================================
NATAZONE OFFICIAL WEBSITE - ||| now.by.ru |||
NATAZONE'S GP3-2000 PAGE:
||| gp3.now.by.ru ||| or ||| natazone.narod.ru/gp3.htm |||
NOW AZLK 2004 with Gordeev and Panin :)
Date: August 25, 2003 09:00AM
make sure you run gpxpatch in debug mode, all versions will run in any slot.
sometimes you get very big po, but I found that once you drive one lap the po returns to a better rate.

grab it today as the belini site will be closed tuesday until further notice.

pk
Date: August 25, 2003 09:40AM
You don't want to upload it here?
Is it to be completely unavailable after today?
Date: August 26, 2003 08:51AM
I did email grandprixgames on friday to grab what they wanted ASAP as the belini site would be closed from tuesday.
Date: August 26, 2003 10:28AM
Posted by: drafi5
Hello belini,
congratulations to your great work, maybe someday it will go the other way (from GP3 to GP4) ?!
However it works very well in debug mode with GPxPatch 3.50 for GP3-2000 and GP3, I used also other physics files.
Will you convert some more tracks ??!!
I hope you will continue your great works.
Happy racing from Germany !
Friendly regards Helmut.
Date: August 27, 2003 02:36AM
"The only prob I do have is quite a PO hit at the beginnining of race,but that's my system and not this pack."

It's not just your system. I have a very high PO even by myself in practice. I rather suspect that it's all those details that make GP4 run poorly even on 2ghz+ processsors and that just aren't meant for the sort of computers that most of us GP3 players have.
Date: August 27, 2003 08:24AM
the po is higher than gp4 on my machine, it's all the banking commands in every sector that cause the problem, but I decided to leave them in because it's this fine detail that make the gp4 tracks so good.

I am working on hockenheim at the moment but it's going to take a very long time as gp3 is on the limit for track commands, especially scenery commands (as was interlagos), but with the patch and physics it runs closer to gp4 especially as the cars don't get involved in stupid shunts so often. if I can get it to run as well as interlagos then I plan to convert other gp4 tracks, time permitting :) ...........

pk
Date: August 27, 2003 11:31AM
PK, I remember when Marc Aarts was pissed off (rightly so! You too I think), he mentionedthat you had other interesting projects for GP3 in the pipeline before GP4. Do you mind me asking what they were?
Date: August 27, 2003 01:27PM
Posted by: Ellis
I rather suspect that it's all those details that make GP4 run poorly even on 2ghz+ processsors and that just aren't meant for the sort of computers that most of us GP3 players have.

The detailed tracks is not the reason GP4 runs bad. Its because the game is very much physics based, and the gfx card cant do that work.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 27, 2003 06:22PM
Any hope for a 1976-1987 Brands Hatch?

P.S. I am curious. Why did you close your website? Why did you remove all of you earlier GP3 downloads earlier?
Date: August 28, 2003 07:34AM
re:Dinga
me pissed off, noooo....

the reason why I stopped making tracks after gp2 was that I was more interested in working on removing all the default values in gpx, especially those to do with multi-play (I used to do a lot of eracing), now I've cracked them all (except tyres) it's back to track building.

re:JackiMatra
didn't seem any point in keeping the belini site open, the only tracks I'll be working on will be convertions of gp4 tracks mainly 'cos I think they're great.

pk
Date: August 28, 2003 09:24AM
Posted by: andrew_S

would mean him redoing the CC-line abot 50% of the work, so i very much doubt it, wish we could get one though :)

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: August 28, 2003 11:12AM
Posted by: drafi5
To Paul (belini),
I tested your great little tool (gp32k_belini_patch) with some other tracks and physics, the result: 3-4 seconds better times as before !! Is it possible that you make this great little patch work with GP3 ?! Why did you patch the cockpit view,
it seems to be a little too big, but it does not matter.
Your Interlagos tracks work very well with GP3-2000 and GP3, but I have some problems in practise and qualifying sessions, the game crashes back to desktop after one round. However it is a great fantastic work.

Happy racing from Germany drafi5.
Date: August 29, 2003 12:57PM
would mean him redoing the CC-line abot 50% of the work, so i very much doubt it, wish we could get one though

brands has always been one of my favourite tracks, the line wouldn't take that long to do, but once you alter the track then there's usually a ton of other related problems, there's only a certain amount of time I have to do this, converting the gp4 tracks wins at the moment.

pk

Date: August 29, 2003 08:18PM
Posted by: vbc
I've test it
It looks graet , please consider to convert another tracks
thanks for your work

Thanks GP3Hotlaps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy