Engineer needed !

Posted by Donny1980 
Engineer needed !
Date: August 14, 2003 08:39AM
Posted by: Donny1980
HELP!!

I need an engineer. Driving GP3 is hard work and setups is not my favourite. So I need an engineer. Can anyone help. I do not like those setup on hotlaps sites becaus you cannot drive a normal lap with it. I want setups made like in the real formula one! With an engineer. Do you think you are that person email me or MSN !! Let's see if we can beat the best!

Greetz

Racing is a dream of going faster than the rest!
Re: Engineer needed !
Date: August 14, 2003 08:47AM
Posted by: NYK
How much do you pay?

Joking, I have enough trouble with my one setups, but it's a good idea!
Date: August 14, 2003 08:52AM
Posted by: Scottyj
What sort of setup do u like?

Loose and nosey?
Tight and pushing?
Loose in midcorner, but pushing in entry/exit?
etc
The possibilites are endless and can take months
Date: August 14, 2003 05:19PM
Posted by: Donny1980
I was just wandering if there where other people with setup problems. And if there are people (engineers) who can help them (for those people it is the challange of making them faster). It might be a big plus on making a league even more interesting!!!!

So come on join this subject!!

Racing is a dream of going faster than the rest!
Date: August 15, 2003 01:34AM
Posted by: AndrewD
The trouble is a lot of setups only suit certain people. For example, the hotlap site setups do suit me pretty well, in fact I often go for even more oversteer because that's the way I like things - anyone driving with a wheel or without F7 would have a lot of problems with the handling from my setups. I'm one of a major sim team's main setup people, and the problem I have is if someone can't quite pin down a problem with a given setup - that makes it impossible to cure.

If you think I'm insane, you should see my alien counterpart!
Date: August 15, 2003 06:53AM
Posted by: FF
hmm, it depends on the controls... with a wheel it's a huge difference than with keyboard. totally other setups are needed.

i'm figuring out setups myself lately.
i'm working out a season and need setups for all the tracks.

most important things are : wings, anti-rollbars (maybe brake balance but it doesn't effect me much)

the gear ratios depend on your wings and the circuit, really not hard to figure those out (just watch a lap by an ai opponent to know his top speed on the pit straight and figure the ratios out)

the suspension bars don't effect me bigtime either, except the spring stiffnesses... but i'm learning, maybe next year i'll know how to tune the suspension right... for now i'm doing the basics for pro difficulty level
Date: August 15, 2003 06:33PM
Posted by: SuperSonic
If you speak Portuguese (I'm Brazilian), check it out:

[pessoais.digi.com.br]

Good luck.

Don't forget: setups depend on the control and/or physics your are using. There isn't a perfect setup for each track (maybe there is a perfect wing setup for each track). Each driver has your own style...

See ya
Date: August 16, 2003 08:15AM
Andrew, i like my setups a bit loose too, but i do use a wheel with no help. The reflexes have to be pretty sharp, but it does make for some amazing mid-corner speed.
I prefer the brakes a little to the back to swing the car into the corners, and generally go for low downforce at the back for max speed. Medium fornt wing keeps car balance right, and loss of front grip is made up for in the front suspension.
BUT i cant go near the kerbs too often.

Any other player would find this type of setup pretty awful, but it works for me.
Date: August 16, 2003 01:14PM
Posted by: FF
@ scottyj : you drive with a wheel to. me too. can you power out of sharp turns faster than the ai cars or is it just my setup?
that's my main overtaking style : come close in the braking zone and powering fast away at slow turns.
at fast turns however i tend to be a bit (sometimes massive) slower...

just to know if it's me or just the wheel...
Date: August 17, 2003 06:24AM
Yep, thats about it.
Exiting corners, the ai cars wait until they're straight (or nearly anyway) before they pick up the power. By being more aggressive with the brakes, you can close in on them, take a later apex and power on harder sooner. Over half of my passing is done like this, either directly or indirectly by closing on the exit and drafting up the straights.
In the wet its even better for this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy