other than wheels?

Posted by meyers 
other than wheels?
Date: August 12, 2003 12:52PM
Posted by: meyers
most people use wheels i know but im a poor b**tard and can only afford a gamepad which is a weird experience when driving, i have to use the switched input otherwise its way too sensitive and spikes too much, does any one else use anything other than a wheel
Re: other than wheels?
Date: August 12, 2003 01:22PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
There are quite a few people that use a keyboard for racing games of all sorts, including Grand Prix 3 (and even Grand Prix Legends has quite a number of [actually fairly quick, amazingly] keyboard drivers).
Date: August 12, 2003 03:02PM
Posted by: dolinseks
I have a keyboard for GP 3 and GP 4. I had a wheel, Wingman Formula Force GP, and I sold it, because driving with keyboard in GP 3 is better.
Date: August 12, 2003 03:25PM
Posted by: Muks_C
I use a playstation 2 pad, with a Joytech converter from Play.com. It allows you to use up to 2 playstation gamepads through 1 device for other games, and connects via a USB port. Its great using the 2 joystaicks for analog steering and acceleration/braking. Its very cheap too.
Date: August 13, 2003 01:08AM
Posted by: Marcow_nl
I have a wheel myself, but i cannot beat the guys on the keyboards (yet :) )

Maybe you should check out my site and see for it yourself. DIGITAL controlled drivers (keyboard) are leading the competition at this moment.

I tried a gamepad once, but that didn't work for me too.

Ibanez guitars played by people like Joe Satriani and Steve Vai make me wanna go fast!!

Come and compete to other GP3 hotlappers [www.gp3Hotlaps.tk]
Date: August 13, 2003 06:25AM
Posted by: AndrewD
I've been a keyboard player since the days of yore, even before GP3 was released ;)

Joysticks can be fast but you need a good one, I haev seen races won with them and they are smaller than wheels, but for me a keyboard will always be faster. I'd love to try a whel one day though, particularly for GPL as it's hard to have any kind of pace with keys.

BTW I also tried a gamepad one but couldn't get to grips with it :)

If you think I'm insane, you should see my alien counterpart!
Date: August 13, 2003 08:47AM
Posted by: Scottyj
I cant stand gamepads. I bought a ps2 with the standard controller, and was ok, but i bought the logitech drivingforce wheel, and my times dropped heaps in every game.
(related) You can use this wheel with PC, but it has no feedback. Maybe some drivers would help? anyone have drivers for the wingmanforce?
Date: August 13, 2003 11:34AM
Posted by: meyers
i find that the gamepad is resembelent of a cockpit with the AB buttons as accelereate and brake and C as the clutch, strange i know but i hate the fact that i have to use switched input as it feels like it drives for you, how long does it take to be good on a keyboard though, my simple brain cant cope with accelerating and turning simulataneously
Date: August 13, 2003 12:03PM
Posted by: Schummi
I have a wheel but it broke I went to the manufacturers web site
but the company died and I can't get anyone to fix it.

DEXXA Steering Wheel is it's name simple name messed up company!
Date: August 13, 2003 09:47PM
Posted by: Ellis
I used a game pad, also with digital steering because it was so dam impossible to drive without that. Cudnt win on pro with digital device

Can win on ace with a wheel

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy